• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I personally reserve that perk for my Zombies class. It just ain't zombies without it.
I'm afraid I don't follow. There's a perk in zombies that gives you dual wield pistols?

Being that I'm the resident zombie enthusiast, I'm surprised that I didn't know about this.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I didn't even know you could use Second Stand in Zombies.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I'm pretty sure that quick revive in single player zombies acts like 2nd chance.

Except you just get up automatically after a while.

Grandeza

Smash Master
On the topic of Zombies, I got to round 32 on Ascension with a friend a couple nights ago. ~950 kills and my score was ~160k.

It only saved my score though. It still says I've only gotten to 25 on Ascension. God Dammit Treyarch fix the Zombie leaderboards.

And on Call of the Dead I got to round 34 which I was very proud of. I had ~1400 kills and ~220k score. But it now says I only got to round 11.

I still have to boost my Shangri La score. I only got to 21 on that map.

Kino I got to like 26 which is pathetic but I really do dislike Kino.

Five I also got to 26. I may consider replaying that with a friend to boost my score a little.

And Dead Ops. LOL who cares about Dead Ops.

EDIT:

Just my two cents on Zombies. People really overplay the importance of the random box and pack a punch. The important thing in zombies really is to be able to run circles in an area with a nearby off the wall weapon.

Example: Ascension at the PhD Flopper landing pad area. MP5K is right there. You can just get off, grab MP5K and go back to your spot and continue. Not only does this eliminate the ammo issue, but it gets you the most points. I use the box and get ARs a lot while my friend always uses an off the wall gun. He gets a MUCH higher score than me. Even though i get more kills, he just gets so much more out of each zombie. On Ascension I usually run circles by the claymore area. I can always run into the next room, get ak74u and set a trap so the zombies die. then go back to my spot. Now I have instant ammo. Call of the Dead, one of the best spots is right outside the lighthouse. the AK74u is right there. Easy ammo.

I also think people make too big a deal out of mobility in zombies. Everyone was always saying how the HK and RPK are bad. Nonsense. Just run with your primary out and circle up zombies. When you're ready to shoot, then pull out your LMG. HK has a huge amount of ammo. it really is a wonderful gun for those not willing to go for off the wall weapons. In early rounds, if I get a ray gun I might just replace it. Why? Because it gets me no points and is hardly necessary at round 10. Jug is infinitely more important than and random box gun. The issue on Call of the Dead of too much debris and not enough for Jug and Box is a non issue. You don't need box. M16 should be fine and by the time you want a better gun, you should have already opened up a good area to circle around and gain points with an off the wall weapon.

Okay that's my rant on zombies and why the box is stupid even though I do use it a lot. Zombies really turns into running in circles and hordeing up zombies for hours. I'm gonna do another Ascension run maybe tonight or in a week or so. Hopefully will hit 40s.

Fletch

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that quick revive in single player zombies acts like 2nd chance.

Except you just get up automatically after a while.
True, except you go down with Mustang and Sally unless you have something like a Ray Gun or some bad pistols,

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Just my two cents on Zombies. People really overplay the importance of the random box and pack a punch. The important thing in zombies really is to be able to run circles in an area with a nearby off the wall weapon.
I strongly disagree with this. The box and pack-a-punch are among the most important things in zombies. If you play your cards right, there's no need for a wall gun because you'll conserve enough ammo to last until max ammo rounds. I've never had a time where we die because of ammo, it's always people having to leave early, a fire sale, or a controller dying. The box gives you the best weapons in the game. (eg. PPSh, Flamethrower, Ray Gun, THUNDERGUN, Monkeys, MG42, Commando) At the end of the day, it's always worth going for these guns assuming you have enough time on your hands.

Example: Ascension at the PhD Flopper landing pad area. MP5K is right there. You can just get off, grab MP5K and go back to your spot and continue. Not only does this eliminate the ammo issue, but it gets you the most points. I use the box and get ARs a lot while my friend always uses an off the wall gun. He gets a MUCH higher score than me. Even though i get more kills, he just gets so much more out of each zombie. On Ascension I usually run circles by the claymore area. I can always run into the next room, get ak74u and set a trap so the zombies die. then go back to my spot. Now I have instant ammo. Call of the Dead, one of the best spots is right outside the lighthouse. the AK74u is right there. Easy ammo.
The thing about the lander spot is that in the middle of a round, you cannot just simply run up to the MP5 and get ammo. There should be zombies trailing behind you. The MP5k has 4 or 5 mags max, if I recall correctly. Your friend getting more points because of wall guns is entirely dependent on what spot you're in, how many zombies you each shoot, where you shoot them, etc. It's all about where you hit them. At later rounds, points aren't a factor and it's all about the kills. The Ray Gun kills, but gets very little points.

Here's my theory on proper conservation.

>use reg gun, acquire points
>buy ray gun, use until ammo's all gone
>replace with reg gun, get points
>buy ray gun again
>repeat

I also think people make too big a deal out of mobility in zombies. Everyone was always saying how the HK and RPK are bad. Nonsense. Just run with your primary out and circle up zombies. When you're ready to shoot, then pull out your LMG. HK has a huge amount of ammo. it really is a wonderful gun for those not willing to go for off the wall weapons.
Mobility is crucial in zombies. It's not just about running slow, but it's about saving teammates. I'm in double digits for times where I was THIS CLOSE to saving someone, but couldn't because I didn't have Stamin-Up/high mobility gun. Oh, and running slow sucks. RPK and HK suck.

In early rounds, if I get a ray gun I might just replace it. Why? Because it gets me no points and is hardly necessary at round 10. Jug is infinitely more important than and random box gun. The issue on Call of the Dead of too much debris and not enough for Jug and Box is a non issue. You don't need box. M16 should be fine and by the time you want a better gun, you should have already opened up a good area to circle around and gain points with an off the wall weapon.
If the M16 is all you need, then there's no reason why you should replace the Ray Gun. I agree x 1,000 that Jug is the most important though.

Okay that's my rant on zombies and why the box is stupid even though I do use it a lot. Zombies really turns into running in circles and hordeing up zombies for hours. I'm gonna do another Ascension run maybe tonight or in a week or so. Hopefully will hit 40s.
I'd be willing to do an Ascension run with just us 2, it takes so much longer with 3.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
RPK and HK21 are weak weapons. If they were powerful, they would be great weapons, even without the mobility. They're good for points, but that's about as far as it goes.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I'm afraid I don't follow. There's a perk in zombies that gives you dual wield pistols?

Being that I'm the resident zombie enthusiast, I'm surprised that I didn't know about this.
Oh no no no, lemme clarify myself. I've got a class in multiplayer labeled Zombies which has an M14, M1911 and Second Chance on it, as a sort of copy of what you can do in the actual zombies.

It's pretty good, actually. :)

:phone:

Grandeza

Smash Master
lots of text debunking lots of what I said
I see your point. And I really feel that on Ascension it's extremely easy to just not get downed. it's just so wide and opened. The reason I lost at 32 with a friend was because his connection crapped out and he was lagging like crazy. But no johns I suppose. And yeah we should do Ascension some time. Such a wonderful map.

Edit- just got round 31 on Ascension with three people. Final Score was 220k. My friends each had over 300k since they used MP5K the whole game. We all had about 1050 kills. So much fun.

Fletch

Smash Master
When you get to 40s, you will absolutely need wall guns. M16 all day. Other than that though you should be hitting the box and using EVERYTHING you get out of it for the most part until you have enough points to where they don't matter too much any more. I buy bowie first too, if that counts as a wall gun.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Wall guns are only necessary on certain maps. On Kino or Ascension, they're not necessary but on Call of the Dead or Shangri-La, they're crucial.

I say this because we have this strategy. Acquire ****load of points, activate traps.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I got to round 34 on Call of the Dead without wall guns. I wouldn't say they're necessary on any map. But if you and your partner have unlimited time to play zombies, then wall guns are the way to go. You'll just get more points. A lot more. If you just never use traps and take forever killing the zombies, your score can be ridiculous. It just takes so long in the later rounds so traps are the only fast way. But if you care more about score, the amount of points you can get off of a lot of zombies by just grabbing the 74u every time or mp5 is ridiculous.

My setup yesterday on Ascension way Ray Gun and Thundergun for a long time but I realized how I was getting so few points so I traded Thundergun for 74u. No one was getting downed and it was definitely a good decision. Otherwise my friends would have had more than twice my score.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
My setup yesterday on Ascension way Ray Gun and Thundergun for a long time but I realized how I was getting so few points so I traded Thundergun for 74u.
I realized how I was getting so few points so I traded Thundergun for 74u.
I traded Thundergun for 74u.
Thundergun
whywouldyoudothat.jpg

Grandeza

Smash Master
Thundergun was just sitting there. No one was getting downed and I would rather have the ray gun for the monkey rounds than thundergun. So I kept ray gun and traded TG. And because of it I got so many more points. I mean my friends who had less kills than me had 340k and 320k respectively while I had 220k because I started using 74u at round 25 and they were using mp5 whole game.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Points are completely pointless if you don't use them. You don't use traps so the money obviously goes to just ammo and ammo alone. In later levels, zombies don't die easily and even the Ray Gun becomes more and more useless. The Thundergun saves so much time and gets very easy kills.

If you have over 220k, then money is no object. Monkey rounds are few and far between and they aren't very difficult to kill. I just don't understand the logic in ditching the Thundergun, but if you're satisfied with 30's, then by all means go for it.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I care more about points than rounds. That's why I go for points as much as I can. And the best way to get points is using weaker weapons. Which results in me going for the nearby off the wall weapon.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Then I suppose it all makes sense now. I'm sure the object of zombies is to survive the longest, but I guess playing for points is fun too.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Treyarch should be sued for animal cruelty by PETA.
Seriously, everytime I kill a dog, I cry a little. Especially when I knife them.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
But when you shoot a human being, you feel nothing.

Killing isn't a one way street, buddy.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
PFFT... those are fake humans. I don't care about killing fake humans.
The dogs aren't fake, though.
EDIT: WHY DON'T YOU LOOOVE MEEEE F8AL?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
When Wretched's alone, he sometimes pretends that he's a walrus.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
PFFT... those are fake humans. I don't care about killing fake humans.
The dogs aren't fake, though.
EDIT: WHY DON'T YOU LOOOVE MEEEE F8AL?
Stop hitting on me. Do you want Peach to know about our secret love affair?

When Wretched's alone, he sometimes pretends that he's a walrus.
LOL.

And 5 more days till PS3/PC owners get to play the new Black Ops DLC! :bee:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
GIf of the YEARRRRR

and odin, it needs to be pony related.

Twilight ODIN
or ODIN Sparkle
I don't like ponies enough to go pony related. :-/ Certainly not Twilight (too many people would think it has something to do with that OTHER Twilight...)

Doesn't mean I don't like ponies. :bee::awesome:

Besides, I've been wanting to go Doctor Who related for a while now.

Doctor ODIN

Alex Who

Dalekx
Dalekx is the best. I will be very disappointed if I never see that.:c

IT HAS BEEN DONE!

Top Bottom