• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
:mad:'s Gun Analysis

Assault Rifles

The M4A1 is the standard assault rifle. It's an all-purpose weapon that can be used anywhere. I'd say you get the best results mid range. Very effective still at far distances, the M4 has very very little recoil. Burst firing from far away makes still enemies rather easy to pick off. Slightly above average weapon in my eyes.

The FAMAS is good. Very good. It rivals the M16 in that it's a three shot burst gun. The FAMAS has what I call Sniper Status. It kills in the press of one button. The FAMAS dominates mid to long range. Extremely accurate, little recoil, an all around good choice. This gun does require a good secondary for close range.

Easily one of the better guns in this game. The SCAR-H has amazing killing ability, great iron sights, and a decent rate of fire. The biggest problem this gun has is mag capacity. You have 20 shots to offset its power. The best way to fix this is to use Extended Mags, which bumps it up to 30. Fairly bad at close range, but one of the best mid firearms in the game. It has very low recoil, so killing from afar shouldn't be a problem.

S

smash brawl player 99021

F8AL, challenge accepted. Me and :mad: love our ACOGs all the way through. I'm getting a lot of headshots with it too. 33 so far (Level 32 now).

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd much rather use my Extended Mags, thanks.

Don't get me involved, Icy.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
He was thinking of TRG saying he could beat us with Thermal.

But for some reason our little Icy is inept and thought you were Mr. TRG.

S

smash brawl player 99021

TRG, thanks for correcting me :p
I think we should have some awards for our little groups here ;)

No need to be :mad:, mad.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
^ well isn't that a sniper's specialty? (being able to spot enemies) :p
In fact is! But there isn't anything wrong with a little help now is there? ;)

I'm still would prefer SP over CB, but it really depends if you play aggressively or not
It all depends. Both SP and CB are very, very useful perks. Arguably the two best in the game.

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
haha, I agree, I could use all the help I can get. Especially on maps like downpour. However, getting on the roof in the middle with CB owns and should guarantee you a killstreak. Silenced or not.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm ready for flaming...but I actually like Wasteland now. Camping inside that little bunker part with my infamous ACOG-Intervention, I tend to get a decent score most of the time. (And I'm taking my Xbox to the UPS store today after school :p)

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
I'm ready for flaming...but I actually like Wasteland now. Camping inside that little bunker part with my infamous ACOG-Intervention, I tend to get a decent score most of the time. (And I'm taking my Xbox to the UPS store today after school :p)
A nice little trick for wasteland when people camp in the bunker is to use your preset LMG class that has the rpg on it, take the rpg, and shoot into the bunker. I've gotten a triple kill almost every time i've done that. Plus, it's hilarious.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Did you have the tactical nuke equipped at the time?

And I love it how a lot of people are now posting in this thread. (unlike before...)
Me too isn't it great? :)

And no I had Pred Missle, Harrier, and then Chopper. I'm pretty much done with nukes.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
A nice little trick for wasteland when people camp in the bunker is to use your preset LMG class that has the rpg on it, take the rpg, and shoot into the bunker. I've gotten a triple kill almost every time i've done that. Plus, it's hilarious.
Or any explosive with danger close. Too bad javelin glitch is gone...

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
jesus, javenlin glitch was like a mini nuke going off whenever someone died. I'd rather only play wetwork in cod4 where it rains grenades then deal with the javelin glitch.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
jesus, javenlin glitch was like a mini nuke going off whenever someone died. I'd rather only play wetwork in cod4 where it rains grenades then deal with the javelin glitch.
Noooooooo.

I'd rather play against a team of Javelins. They're so easy to beat. Throw stuns or drop a claymore.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I agree with you 100%. The javelin glitch made me rage quit so many times in MW2. Thank god IW patched it fairly quickly.

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
Noooooooo.

I'd rather play against a team of Javelins. They're so easy to beat. Throw stuns or drop a claymore.
this is true, but if you play an aggressively, javelin glitch really gets annoying, and I wouldn't want to have to change the way I played just because people are glitching. From a sniper's perspective, shooting someone with javelin glitch is hilarious because they explode, but from someone who runs around with models, it's not as fun, even though they deserve to be blown up ;)

S

smash brawl player 99021

Sent my Xbox today. Let's start the countdown kids!
Honestly, I don't understand why people always hate on the 3/4/5 Killstreak. UAV is good for you, and your team. Care Package has gotten my Chopper Gunner, Pave Low etc. And Predator Missles are always good for 1/2 kills. Only negative thing about it is the lack of anything afterwards (Longer streaks) and Care Packages sometimes bull**** you. RE-Supplying isn't good when I honestly don't need it. Plus it's soooo easy to obtain imo. And if you put Hardline on, that's 2 kills for a UAV.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Honestly, I don't understand why people always hate on the 3/4/5 Killstreak. UAV is good for you, and your team. Care Package has gotten my Chopper Gunner, Pave Low etc. And Predator Missles are always good for 1/2 kills. Only negative thing about it is the lack of anything afterwards (Longer streaks) and Care Packages sometimes bull**** you. RE-Supplying isn't good when I honestly don't need it. Plus it's soooo easy to obtain imo. And if you put Hardline on, that's 2 kills for a UAV.
If you really want to support your team. Use this setup-

(2) UAV
(3) Counter UAV
(?) this one doesn't matter (I usually use Emergency Airdrop here)

Use a class that has hardline on it and if you're a decent enough player, you will be screwing with the other team's UAV like no other. Plus you will be greatly helping yourself out by constantly getting UAV's for your own team. Only 2 kills for a UAV and 3 for C-UAV.

If you can keep a steady flow of C-UAV's, then your team is most likely going to win (unless you have terrible teammates.)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't recall anyone here hating on it.

I'm one of those people that shoot down UAVs, so they're near useless, Care Packages give away your location, and you can't go wrong with Preds.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I always shoot down UAVs/Counter UAVs/any air support with my stinger missiles. Can't let the other team have them. ;)

Grunt

Smash Master
i did pred/harrier/EAD for a while.
EAD produces huge amounts of bull**** though.
i had an airstrike, a pred, a sentry and a chopper gunner all in one EAD. then as they all land, i get sniped. I tried to run back, but the sniper captured the sentry and set it up to block the rest of them.
:C

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
And no I had Pred Missle, Harrier, and then Chopper.
Awesome, I'm not the only one with this setup. High five to you good sir.

Also, shooting down UAVs just seems like a waste of ammo. Granted I use thumpers and wouldn't technically know first hand, it still seems like a waste. And I only encountered the javelin glitch once, and he was stupid and went like 12-25.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Pred -> Harrier -> Chopper is easily the most common setup online.

They set up for each other so you can go to town with your Gunner.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Predator, Harrier, Pavelow is normally what I use and I dont have any plan on changing it.

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
Chopper Gunner is amazing. If you want nuke, you use it. However, Skidrow owns the crap out of CG. I've gotten a total of zero kills with it on that level

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
On skidrow, I always use UAV, care package and predator missile because most of the fighting is inside.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I've been using Predator, Airstrike, Harrier for the Prestige challenges these days. I'm about 200 away from finishing the Pred challenges, so I'll swap in Sentry Gun soon.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I was thirty away from my Harrier emblem before it froze and red ringed.

RIP

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If you dont have a UAV, CUAV, or EAD on your list you arent a team player.
End of story.
I beg to differ.

If I can build up higher killstreaks, I can support my team. They can capture flags, plant bombs, defuse them, etc.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
If you dont have a UAV, CUAV, or EAD on your list you arent a team player.
End of story.
... So?

Why should I share MY care packages that I worked hard to get?

I've been running UAV and CUAV for my own benefit (also trying for the 1000 call in). I don't care what the randoms need or don't need. If I'm playing with friends, that's one thing. Randoms; don't care.

/a-hole

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
That's because I'm not a team player.
My team usually ends up screwing me over anyways.
My team has gotten me killed frequently, and the lackluster ability of my teams is the reason for my incredibly low Win/Loss ratio.

**** my teams.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Never trust randoms. You think they have your back because they were watching the area you just ran past? Nope, just got shot in the back.

I'm only a team player when playing with a group of friends.

Top Bottom