• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
ODIN would be Sgt. Folley since he's a cool dude.
****in' A right! Keith David for the win!!

For those who don't know Keith David, he's my hero. He did the voice of Goliath in Gargoyles, Captain Anderson in Mass Effect, Effin Spawn in the Spawn cartoon on HBO. THE ARBITER IN HALO. This man has the best voice ever, and I met him at the Gargoyle Gathering in Chicago a couple years ago. Nice guy. Intimidating. A bear of a man.

:swoon:

S

smash brawl player 99021

Hmm...what to discuss next...Anyone have any good tactics for Search And Destroy?
And btw, my Console is under repair now so it should be about another week :/

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
camp like a *****
<qft. It's difficult to explain how to play because each map requires a different strategy. I'm gonna get a private match going with F8AL one day showing him places to go and routes to discuss.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Plant claymores and camp near the bomb sites. When you kill an enemy, move to a different location because their teammate(s) will most likely move towards the skull head on their screen.

@ TRG: I'll get right on that. Thanks for the heads up!

S

smash brawl player 99021

Ok, let's be a little more specific here. Say on Rundown, where do you camp, and with what setup? Then we can move through the list to different maps.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
<qft. It's difficult to explain how to play because each map requires a different strategy. I'm gonna get a private match going with F8AL one day showing him places to go and routes to discuss.
Here's where to camp on Rundown:

Vote to Skip Button
Leave Game option if Voting to Skip fails.
I highly disagree. Rundown is a really good map for Search. Usually the terrible maps are good in different gametypes.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Can I be random civilian who gets killed in airport who doesn't own MW2 but for some reason, is actually good at it?

I have a PS3, but not MW2 yet, because I don't want to screw up my exams. So technically, I DO have a console.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Can I be random civilian who gets killed in airport who doesn't own MW2 but for some reason, is actually good at it?

I have a PS3, but not MW2 yet, because I don't want to screw up my exams. So technically, I DO have a console.
No.

You can be Sgt. Jackson.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
So I am Dunn eh?

Well I certainly share a few traits
(voice opinions often, dislikes Shepherd [Dunn was the first to comment on Shepherd's lack of care of Danger close], and best serves as a second opinion.)
That and He is one of three right hand mans, the only American one, One of three Main character Americans to actually Survive Both CoD4 & MW2, (Foley and Ramirez are the other two), And the only Right hand man to live (The other two go out in a strikingly similar manner).
I can live with this.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm not sure what a commentary thing is, but I have the right equipment for recording on my Wii or 360.
We're talking about recording MW2 matches and uploading them with commentary.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I just got the final kill cam with a Throwing Knife.

I believe I castrated my poor victim.
Proud of you boyo! Good ****. Throwing Knife kills aren't so easy to manage, but when you get them you feel an urge to yell "Mooooohntaaaaaage"

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I got a care package today, threw down the marker, got a kill with my claymore, used my predator missile, killed someone, then a teammate stole my chopper gunner.

I was VERY, VERY, VERY mad!!!!! :mad:

But the game was basically done anyways. Still, I wanted it. God **** teammates. I don't want to share my **** with anyone.

At least I get XP for 'share package' I guess...

smashman90

Smash Lord
I've been making a setup to counter Knifers (people who do that crouch sprinting and knifing people) and I want your guys opinions on it so that I can improve it. Typically, they use a pistol with tac knife, Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando (sometimes Ninja but most of the time it's Commando). Here is my counter knife setup:

Primary: Any AR with a Grenade Launcher (ACR is my rifle for this setup)
Secondary: Shotgun with Grip (M1014 with Grip for my setup)
Equipment: Semtex, Flash Grenades
Deathstreak: Martydom
Perk 1: Slight of Hand Pro
Perk 2: Danger Close Pro
Perk 3: Sit Rep Pro

- The AR with Grenade Launcher is meant for medium to long range combat and a DC empowered Grenade can do some heavy damage to them as well as any enemies near him, that way you don't have to worry about them plus the Knifer coming at you. Normally most Knifers don't carry Blast Shields (or at least with my experience with them, so a DC Grenade Launcher should come in handy. I don't use the Heartbeat Sensor on my ARs on this setup since they run so fast that the Sensor wouldn't be fast enough to track them. That and sometimes instead of Commando, they will use Ninja (but usually they use Commando).

-The shotgun is for close to medium range combat, which I'm sure you're gonna end up doing most of the time when combating Knifers. It should take 1 to 2 shots to kill them unless they have Painkiller on (which they usually have for their deathstreak).

-I chose the Semtex grenades over Claymores because chances are that they'll run past them before they explode and won't get hurt by them. With Semtex, you can stick them or stick a wall or something close to you or them in case they get too close. C4 may be handy if you shoot at them instead of using the trigger since they'll probably evade it before the detonator sets off the C4. Flash Grenades are there to blind them. Stun Grenades can work too.

-I use Martydom as my deathstreak since Painkiller is useless against them, as is Final Stand. I refuse to use Copycat on them since I think that the Knife setup is a cheaper tactic than Noob Tubing. So I use Martydom as it will be stronger thanks to DC, and if the Knifer is going up against other people when my Martydom nade is nearby then chances are it will kill him or at least do some damage to him.

-Slight of Hand Pro is there for quick reloads and aiming and you're gonna need that for sure. Sit Rep Pro (Hey, it finally has a purpose now!) is there cuz since they carry Lightweight+Marathon, their footsteps will be different from the usual footsteps and you'll know that they're nearby, giving you a chance to camp out and wait for them to pop up and BOOM! Shotgun the crap outta them. Danger Close has kinda been explained already.

So far, this setup has helped me in killing several Knifers, they still get the jump on me sometimes, or have teammates with them, or sometimes I will run into them when they have painkiller on and they knife me. But most of the time, I win when going up against them with this setup.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Ooooh that sucks. I always wait for my Care Packages before I do anything else really. Never trust those **** scrubs. Oh well though. At least they didn't get to use it (or much). I And I bet the got a pleasant messege from you afterwords ;)
The 3/4/5 Killstreaks get you a good amount of EXP though,

Uhh Smashman, why the M1014? Why not something like the SPAS/Rangers/AA-12? Considering they usually run alone, AA-12 would be good because of the larger clip size, and uber-fast shooting. Maybe not the SPAS considering it's semi-Auto and the Rangers are a Double-Barrel, but whatever you want.

smashman90

Smash Lord
,Uhh Smashman, why the M1014? Why not something like the SPAS/Rangers/AA-12? Considering they usually run alone, AA-12 would be good because of the larger clip size, and uber-fast shooting. Maybe not the SPAS considering it's semi-Auto and the Rangers are a Double-Barrel, but whatever you want.
I use the M1014 because I've been through some great games with it. I once went 42-0-12 on Skidrow thanks to the M1014 and with the match bonus and challenge points, my total amount of exp was in the 30,000s. I use to carry around the AA-12 with this setup but since people kept complaining about the AA-12 being cheap and stuff, I started to carry around M1014 (I sometimes carry the Striker) so that I don't have to hear them *****ing about it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You care what other people on Xbox LIVE have to say about you?

:O

I'll use whatever weapon/attachments and perks that I want. I'm not playing to their needs.

smashman90

Smash Lord
You care what other people on Xbox LIVE have to say about you?
I need to keep my hearing.:laugh: I can't hear people's footsteps with Sit Rep Pro if little kids are whining like hell about a certain weapon I use. So I switch to a different weapon to humor them and to show that I can still kick their ***** with it. It's my way of saying "It's not the gun nor the player that's cheap, you just suck." to them.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I remember yesterday I had a huge group of people talking trash about me for using a thermal scope on my Intervention (I killed the **** out of them of course)... "Wow Appleseed only sh**y snipers use thermal scopes."

I was quite hurt. :(

smashman90

Smash Lord
I remember yesterday I had a huge group of people talking trash about me for using a thermal scope on my Intervention (I killed the **** out of them of course)... "Wow Appleseed only sh**y snipers use thermal scopes."

I was quite hurt. :(
It's not the gun nor the player that's cheap, they just suck. If they don't like Snipers, then they should've made an anti-sniping setup. If you know that you don't got a good setup against certain types of people, then make some. That's what I did. Speaking of that, I've been meaning to create an anti-sniper setup for quite a while now. <.<

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Wow Appleseed only a good player would use all of his resources.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
They're just butthurt because your ***** them. My response is usually "**** YOU." to those types of people.
It's not the gun nor the player that's cheap, they just suck. If they don't like Snipers, then they should've made an anti-sniping setup. If you know that you don't got a good setup against certain types of people, then make some. That's what I did. Speaking of that, I've been meaning to create an anti-sniper setup for quite a while now. <.<
Wow Appleseed only a good player would use all of his resources.
Haha yeah I know guys I was just kidding on the whole being hurt thing.

It didn't make any sense to me that they just didn't simply switch to a class with Cold Blooded. Stupid noobs...

M.K

Level 55
Using the Barrett sniper, I just unlocked a new scope which seems to heavily decrease my range, even though it says it should...increase my range >_>.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Are you talking about the ACOG? Because that increases your range... >_>.

M.K

Level 55
Are you talking about the ACOG? Because that increases your range... >_>.
Well, I don't have the game on right now, but I'll try to describe it.

Without this specific scope on, it was the full screen crosshair, surrounded by the black on all sides.

With the scope on, I can actually see the things around my gun, like an assault rifle scope or a SMG scope, but it SEEMED shorter than the other one, it wasn't as zoomed in, I swear lol!

Top Bottom