• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, it's the ACOG.

Underrated but still good.

Grunt

Smash Master
no, he can see stuff around his sights.
it ACOG, but it doesn't increase range, where'd you get that?
EDIT:
icwatudidthere

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
ACOGs on sniper rifles are only for montages. That is all.

Find a building or high place and jump off, with your sensitivity on 10 (the max) and spin around 1,000,000 times and fire a random shot and pray that it hits your opponent(s). Your final score of the game will be 1-20 but you will have gained that one clip for your l33t montage.

Back in CoD4, whenever I see someone using the m40 w/acog i say "someone's making a montage!"

S

smash brawl player 99021

Uhh I think me and :mad: will be working on a Search and Destroy guide but I'm unsure at the moment. We'll keep you posted D;

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I need to keep my hearing.:laugh: I can't hear people's footsteps with Sit Rep Pro if little kids are whining like hell about a certain weapon I use. So I switch to a different weapon to humor them and to show that I can still kick their ***** with it. It's my way of saying "It's not the gun nor the player that's cheap, you just suck." to them.
Just go to your profile's privacy settings and change it so you can only hear your friend's voices. Or you could just mute whoever is complaining.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I just can't seem to find the right time to use the Riot shield, nor the right stage. I tried on terminal starting at the spawn outside, heading towards C . . . I can't help but be a man for crowd control. I tried using Thrwoing Knife, but . . . but I think I'm doing it wrong.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Riot Shield's effectiveness depends on your enemy's tactics, I've found. I have one map that I will always start with it on, which is Skidrow. If I find the enemy likes to camp a lot, I bust out the Riot shield and take them down out of their hidey hole.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Riot Shield's effectiveness depends on your enemy's tactics, I've found. I have one map that I will always start with it on, which is Skidrow. If I find the enemy likes to camp a lot, I bust out the Riot shield and take them down out of their hidey hole.
Agreed. Riot Shield is also not bad on Demolition, granted you have a few more Riot Shield guys with you to watch a certain bomb.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.

So, I just played a match in TDM Express. Literally, Express. As in, everything was moving 10 times normal speed. I was speeding around the map with an LMG. There's also reduced traction. I stopped sprinting and like, slide for a good 10 feet before stopping.

Are the glitched lobbies back?

Grunt

Smash Master
i played in one of those too, but on domination.

it's different than the sped up games (mad played in one, i remember him commenting on it) because everything is normal speed except your sprint, and you have no traction.

S

smash brawl player 99021

That's odd. I've never heard of that. Maybe some sort of glitch for the Xbox...I'll see if I get anything similar to that.

Cyan_

Smash Lord

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yes, I experienced that a few weeks ago. It was different, however. The voices were sped up and whatnot.

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
The worst I've got was a set of matches where it glitched and everyone had infinite ammo with no reloading. It got to the point where everyone was using automatic noobtubes. It was ****ing scary.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It was scary when the Ac130 (I think that's what it is, I have horrible memory, though I've played this game so much) was in the air. Explosions everywhere and it wouldn't let up. I ducked for cover however I could.

The world was shaking like it was going to end.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Holy crap. o.o''

The worst I've got was a set of matches where it glitched and everyone had infinite ammo with no reloading. It got to the point where everyone was using automatic noobtubes. It was ****ing scary.
I got into one of those pre-patch. I did decently with a Sniper, since nobody could aim past their constant noob tubes. It was just a pain when the explosions got near me since I couldn't aim with the shaking screen.

Also, thank god for Prestige giving me extra class slots. A demolition class is perfect for taking out a camping team. I ran into a team recently that camped the corner of the map on Sub Base. The one with the boxes near the submarine and the path that leads all the way back. Near the warehouse.

Anyways, after a couple deaths I figured out what they were doing and switched to my Demo class. Noobtube, OMA, Danger Close, Commando cuz I couldn't think of anything better. I rained down noobtubes from the rooftops then retreated to resupply, then rained down some more. It was great. I got an airstrike and it wiped them all out.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Yes, that was the AC130. Best thing to do would be stay inside. Far inside. On a outside map, try to find some sort of overhead cover, or stay in the Killcam thing so you won't get spawned as quickly.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
No reload AC130 is godlike, but frightening.

Looks like the last patch has not fixed the glitched lobbies. This is the third Supersonic speed no traction lobby I've been put into today. I hope this gets fixed soon.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
No reload AC130 is godlike, but frightening.

Looks like the last patch has not fixed the glitched lobbies. This is the third Supersonic speed no traction lobby I've been put into today. I hope this gets fixed soon.
It'll probably be patches first on the PS3 then the X360 and PC. I'm sure that Fourzerotwo/IW are aware of this.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I just have a general Sniping question. On my Intervention, I have all attachments minus the Extended Mags. I need 40 Bullet Penetration kills with FMJ on. Does this mean I honestly have to shoot through walls to get this done? If so, Ima be :mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Getting FMJ kills with the Intervention is easier than you think. Yes, you shoot through material.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
All the games I've been put into these days can be categorized like this:

Extreme campfests.
Noobtube wars.

This one game, the scores didn't even break 4000. We had taken a lead so I told my party to just hold down the Estate since we had taken it over already. The other team stayed completely within the building all the way at the bottom of the hill. It wasn't until 1 minute was left that they tried to storm the Estate. This was a CORE Team Deathmatch. Not even Hardcore.

And now 1000000 people are using Noob tube classes. God this game makes me so angry sometimes. >_>

R.I.P. Sub Base. I knew thee well.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Play Demolition. Fun gametype, that Demolition.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I didn't think that players actually tried to plant the bomb in demolition. Back in cod4, everyone went for kills in sabotage.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Demolition is lol.

Sabotage is actually...Sabotage at the moment. People are actually going for the objective. O.o

And, none of the gay stuff in TDM is going on.

Edit: Shotguns on Riot Shields is getting increasingly stupid. I've been hit by one and watched the killcam, and the entire burst hit my shield. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

M.K

Level 55
What happened to Sub Base? O_o
Thermal Scope is definitely not for me :'( Although it IS useful, the sight is small, and I'm so use to the ACOG now.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
awwwww snap yo xLeafybug =D trashtalking the entire group of Domination players.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
What happened to Sub Base? O_o
Thermal Scope is definitely not for me :'( Although it IS useful, the sight is small, and I'm so use to the ACOG now.
Sub Base has turned into one of the following:

A) Noobtube war
B) Camp the Computer Room massively
C) Camp the center tunnel massively
D) Camp outside the warehouse and on the long dock massively

Option A can be applied to all of TDM.

Sabotage is also pretty good. I feel like I get the most competition there, as most players I see actually have SOME level of skill.
This is true. It's actually fun, people know what they're doing. Sabotage is awesome.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
awwwww snap yo xLeafybug =D trashtalking the entire group of Domination players.
lolwut? Domination has been my favorite game type since... Forever. But most of the Domination randoms are so bad it's not even funny. If I don't play with at least 2 of my friends who know what they're doing, playing Domination is a ****ing nightmare. Ground War Domination is a bit better for some reason though. Perhaps it's because of the larger maps.

Sabotage is just good though. It's the one game mode that I always find myself enjoying.

Top Bottom