• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Gaiz, what if Falcon actually had priority on his attacks?
Then he'd obviously would be better, as well as have a better ground game, assuming his grab range also improves. The fact that he can't really hit anything reliably unless they're in the air (and even then, his aerials are only "okay" at best) is a problem. It's not like he can really hit grounded opponents effectively with his aerials either, unless they're huge targets, like Bowser, Dedede, and Donkey Kong.

It's amazing to think just how much Falcon can improve with better priority and range alone, even with the lack of hitstun.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
If Alternative Costumes are to occur, than Doug's should be no other than Blood Falcon. And a Proper Version, not that red palette! Maybe the Alternate could have a different move or two, like that flaming kick from the first SSB!

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Well, Captain Falcon's red palette did have the Blood Falcon design on the back, if that means anything.
It's a start, but there are more differences between CF and Blood. I mean, compare these.

Those accessories are what I want to qualify for an alt.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
Falcon just needs a couple of tweaks to be good.

- Bring back his Melee moveset properties
- Bring back the tiny forward momentum gained with an airborne Falcon Punch in Smash 64

And I think that a neat thing to add would be for his taunt to have an actual effect in battle. For example, the knee's sweetspot would increase slightly for the next 10 seconds after a taunt.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'll say the same thing I always do. The game isn't designed around competitive play so I question the need for a change. Falcon does fine in large brawls. He's decently heavy, has strong smash attacks, and decent recovery with a high air speed (seems that way though). I did a small study on the online matches, and Falcon preformed well enough. He was never getting creamed like some people think he would.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I'll say the same thing I always do. The game isn't designed around competitive play so I question the need for a change. Falcon does fine in large brawls. He's decently heavy, has strong smash attacks, and decent recovery with a high air speed (seems that way though). I did a small study on the online matches, and Falcon preformed well enough. He was never getting creamed like some people think he would.
Isn't online usually filled with mostly noobs who don't know how to play? It would make sense for Falcon not to get creamed because most of the people playing aren't that good. Also, Falcon isn't that great when compared to other characters just look at the tier list.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'm tired of that "The game was designed for free-for-alls" argument. Since no one of high level play actually does play those things, we have no clue if it is balanced.

Hitbox wise, Caps bad. Real bad.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Captain falcon needs to use his gun. Speed + Projectile Game + more priority and bigger hitboxes would probably give him a ranking around the borderline section or higher in the tier list.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm tired of that "The game was designed for free-for-alls" argument. Since no one of high level play actually does play those things, we have no clue if it is balanced.
^ This, so much this.
Hitbox wise, Caps bad. Real bad.
Just about anything out-prioritizes Falcon's attacks. On top of that, he (along with others) suffer from that Up B landing lag glitch as well, which does him no favors. Combined with his near non-existent OoS options, and his predictably poor recovery and ledge options, Falcon has been hit real hard, and I sometimes think it's not just Brawl's physics that hurt him (even though they still do) more than it's the fact that they nerfed the hell out of him for some reason.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Give Falcon back his old Forward and Up Smash from 64. That F-smash had so much range and was fast. He would be scary on the ground and in the air, just as he should be.
His Up and Side smashes are fine, in my opinion. They just need to up the speed and hit boxes of both moves.
I believe that the U-smash is fine (although faster would be fine too), but the ssb64 F-smash would be hella dangerous if they make it like his melee properties (pivot smashing consistency) just because of the range of the move and the knockback coupled with the speed of the attack.
I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I believe that the U-smash is fine (although faster would be fine too), but the ssb64 F-smash would be hella dangerous if they make it like his melee properties (pivot smashing consistency) just because of the range of the move and the knockback coupled with the speed of the attack.
I wouldn't mind seeing it again.
While I do believe his current elbow Fsmash is fine, I do admit I like his Smash64 Fsmash better because of the range, and I think it looks cooler overall, what with the way he stretches that leg out in a futile attempt to beat Street Fighter's Dhalsim.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I will say that Captain Falcon has had it rough after Melee. He had a rather effective dash grab, and could effectively chain throw the big targets, such as Bowser.

On the flipside, I do get a good laugh at how badly he got nerfed for Brawl.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Captain falcon needs to use his gun. Speed + Projectile Game + more priority and bigger hitboxes would probably give him a ranking around the borderline section or higher in the tier list.
I dunno, I like him as a close range rushdown character(not everyone needs a projectile to be good, after all.)

I also feel that Falcon Kick should make him immune to projectiles when used, and have the jump reset again.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Falcon's SSB64 F-smash is very good and I honestly would love to have it back but Falcon's newer F-smash with his elbow is just too cool to get rid of

RedGamer

Smash Ace
So we all agree then!

Melee Captain Falcon

Ssb64 F-Smash

Blood Flacon Distinctions

NO projectile

and leave nerf to the frizbee makers

Edit: because of the post above me, We're still discussing the F-smash situation. And (now that I think about it) a projectile really isnt nesesary if falcon is melee sexy!

D

Deleted member

Falcon needs no projectile.
He is too manly to resort to such cheap tactics.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
If I had my way, he would just get trancendendal priority and insane hitbox sizes, eh? Also, his final smash should totally be the galaxy busting Falcon Punch from the anime.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
CAPTAIN FALCON IS PROJECTILE!

His flying knee is more frightening than a charged shot from Samus.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think Falcon Punch should have super armor all the way through the move and do 999%, then kill them. not even kidding.

:phone:
Seconded.
Falcon Punching anything successfully is so satisfying that I generally stop caring about winning the match.

I was playing Smash 64 online and it was 2v2, and I was trying to get closer to the stage with a Falcon Punch, but my teammate jumped towards me and I launched him clear across the stage. I considered that my victory.

EmeraldPhaze

Smash Cadet
I couldn't agree more. I miss his old knee... :( And not knowing that his Falcon Kick doesn't reset your second jump killed me.. XD

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I couldn't agree more. I miss his old knee... :( And not knowing that his Falcon Kick doesn't reset your second jump killed me.. XD
it happens to everybody dude

So we all agree then!

Melee Captain Falcon

Ssb64 F-Smash

Blood Flacon Distinctions

NO projectile!!

and leave nerf to the frizbee makers
Back on subject, captain falcon is Melee falcon and they nerfed the crap out of him in brawl.
But look at it this way, if they still don't make falcon satisfactory, we can all look forward to a Project Melee 2 for the WiiU right? :cool:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I honestly don't think they can nerf him anymore if they tried, and considering Sakurai's letting the developers do character balance, and actually wants all characters to be "competitively viable" (quoted words actually said by Sakurai himself), Falcon really has nowhere else to go but up.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't think they can nerf him anymore if they tried, and considering Sakurai's letting the developers do character balance, and actually wants all characters to be "competitively viable" (quoted words actually said by Sakurai himself), Falcon really has nowhere else to go but up.
Yeah.
IF they somehow manage to mess him up even more I'd be pretty surprised.

Also, in my opinion, in SSB4 C. Falcon needs to be a mix of all of his past incarnations.
I.E: Give him his old Falcon Punch speed from Smash64, but keep it's power from Brawl; make his Falcon Kick reset his second jump again; keep his Falcon Dive from Brawl; make his Falcon Knuckle useful for comboing and recovery, etc.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
oh, that makes a little bit more sense. but Ive basically exhausted my ideas for the captain.
I hope to see what they do with him.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but they should really improve his pivot grab. I remember saying how bad it is, but now I say they need to fix it; make it much faster, and give it more range. He and Ganondorf has one of the worst pivot grabs out there, in my opinion.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
melee falcon had THE best pivot grab only because his pivot was freakin broken! that's why I love the falcon pivot, it's just too good!
What if they made the game engine like melee in this next game? that would give falcon his combo ability back. And if they give him the ssb64 forward smash, then his range would improve seriously.

CONCLUSION:
SSB64 Forward Smash
SSB64 Falcon Punch Momentum
Melee Up Smash Sped Up
Melee Falcon
Brawl Falcon Punch With Ability To Turn Around
ABSOLUTELY NO PROJECTILE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom