• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Falcon Knuckle is the Japanese name for C. Falcon's Side-B, which is probably why he dosen't shout anything while executing it.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
wait, wut? define the pivot grab for me.
A pivot grab is performed when you run in one direction, then turn the joystick in the other direction while performing a grab. The result will be the character turning around and performing a different grab animation that is usually faster than their standard and running grab, with more grab range. Captain Falcon's pivot grab, however, is actually slower than his standard and running grab, at least in animation.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
wow. good to know. (sounds like marths tree grabbing)

do you think that ssb64 F-smash would improve on the falcon?
it would improve on the range and randomness. but overall?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It would be an improvement, not only because of the range, but because of the speed. I could be wrong, and would like for someone to confirm this for me, but isn't Falcon's 64 Fsmash faster than his Melee/Brawl Fsmash?

RedGamer

Smash Ace
frame-wise, idk but ssb64 f-smash seems faster.

what if the game engine was similar to melee, the ssb64 F-smash would be better?
and the brawl falcon punch? what if the brawl falcon punch carried momentum like ssb64?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
what if the game engine was similar to melee, the ssb64 F-smash would be better?
and the brawl falcon punch? what if the brawl falcon punch carried momentum like ssb64?
The game engine wouldn't really affect the usefulness of the Fsmash, really. If it's fast, hits hard, and has good range, then it can fit in any Smash engine. As for the Brawl Falcon Punch, it wouldn't be good as a recovery option, even if it carried momentum, seeing as the animation is still on the slower side. I mean, unless Falcon is high up in the air, maybe, but still not worth using. If it had the speed of the 64 Falcon Punch, then it would be a good option for recovery, assuming it carried momentum.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
As for the Brawl Falcon Punch, it wouldn't be good as a recovery option, even if it carried momentum, seeing as the animation is still on the slower side. I mean, unless Falcon is high up in the air, maybe, but still not worth using. If it had the speed of the 64 Falcon Punch, then it would be a good option for recovery, assuming it carried momentum.
Not really talking about using it for a recovery option since we won't need it if the falcon kick resets the second jump, I'm talking more about it's use in general. We would probably use it more for a KO move (which was how it was intended anyway) or kind of a fake-out move. I like using it for a KO move more than a recovery option anyway.

Let's say hypathetically; if the smash game had a melee engine, the brawl falcon punch would be better with ssb64 momentum?

RedGamer

Smash Ace
funny how this thread turned into a Captain-Falcon-Chat between two people and not so much a thread. :chuckle:

How would you predict falcon's overall game?
my prediction is that he couldn't possibly get more nerfed than he already is, and he has nowhere to go but up. However they should kinda send him more up than than he was in melee, or at least equal.

WOW! You know what I noticed?
All the :melee: high tiers became low tier (with the exeption of :falco:), and the :melee: low tiers got better. the mid tiers didn't move all that much.
the :brawl: newcomers were just randomly scattered in the tier list based on thier movesets.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In Brawl, most of the highly request characters became top tier. That was a delicious treat. Just look at it: MetaKnight, Diddy, Olimar, King DeDeDe, Wario: all characters that where heavily requested. Only Ike and Sonic didn't quite live up.

To stay on topic, Falcon's 64 F Smash looked the coolest.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
scar said it could be angled, I've never actually seen it done or even tried it.

what I think he's talking about is when your in the air and you hold up, which when the punch comes out, it sends you up slightly and makes it easier to recover.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
what I think he's talking about is when your in the air and you hold up, which when the punch comes out, it sends you up slightly and makes it easier to recover.
That was usefull in SSB 64, in Melee his Punch has too many frames and his gravity makes him fall much faster. His second jump reset after aerial Falcon Kick was his key for better recovery in Melee.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
That was usefull in SSB 64, in Melee his Punch has too many frames and his gravity makes him fall much faster. His second jump reset after aerial Falcon Kick was his key for better recovery in Melee.
HOW MANY TIMES WILL PEOPLE THINK I'M USING THIS MOVE AS A RECOVERY?!?!

Listen!
I use this move not for recovery, but as an offensive move. If this move is to be recovered from when used off-stage, then hold UP to DI upwards and aid in getting back onto the stage once you've knocked the stuffing out of your opponent!

SHEESH!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
No need to get upset, Red. Anyway, I think I know what you mean. That's not angling the move; it's just gaining a bit more height in the jump with it.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
yeah.
yeah.

I do this all the time to prevent dying once I falcon punch the Hitbox outta somebody's head!!
I've also found that the raptor boost makes for an awesome kill move in the air, especially
if your opponent is not expecting it.
However, it must be done close to the bottom blastzone or else they can meteor cancel it while you fall to your doom.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
scar said it could be angled, I've never actually seen it done or even tried it.

ahhhh i see. from the way you worded it the first time i assumed you meant a ground bound paunch. lol my B

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think Goku and pals need to go hunt down the Dragon Balls, call Shenron, revive the good ole' Captain Falcon (who died in the anime after exploding the universe with his Falcon Punch made of sheer awesomeness), Rick Wheeler needs to be kicked out of Smash Bros, and the good old Captain Falcon needs to return-broken knee, the infinite down B second jump glitch, awesome up air that can combo and direct foes off the stage, and all that cool jazz!
Falcon does fine in large brawls. He's decently heavy, has strong smash attacks, and decent recovery with a high air speed (seems that way though). I did a small study on the online matches, and Falcon preformed well enough. He was never getting creamed like some people think he would.
Brawl Falcon is a semi-heavyweight, minimal air speed, has only slightly above average strength, average knock back, terrible recovery (the worst behind Ganondorf), tons of after and pre-attack lag that make his moves easy to dodge or avoid (at nearly all levels of play), small range for his size (especially compared to Snake, who has a similar body size/shape), and little or no priority at all levels of play (except for young kids who don't know how to do things like dodge roll, run, or shield). Captain Falcon's Brawl hit boxes were almost as bad as Mewtwo in Melee's. It's that bad. Also, stop making everything "competitive vs. casual." If a character is bad, a character is BAD! Brawl Falcon is BAD!
I.E: Give him his old Falcon Punch speed from Smash64, but keep it's power from Brawl;
Captain Falcon in Brawl is weaker than Captain Falcon in Smash 64 and Melee in terms of knock back, damage % done by his attacks, and stun with almost every attack! :laugh:
Falcon's SSB64 F-smash is very good and I honestly would love to have it back but Falcon's newer F-smash with his elbow is just too cool to get rid of
Agree (per usual) with you Wizzrobe. That F-Smash needs to come back, because it was awesome. Whether for Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, or someone else, it is just too rad to not return. Still, I think the best option would be Captain Falcon, since it "fits him" more than his current (Melee/Brawl) F-Smash. That and his "YEAHHHH!!!" is way cooler than the noises he makes with his current (Melee/Brawl) F-Smash.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm not dead, I'm in hiding. After all, if I expose my awesomeness all the time, the radiation would melt your minds!

:rotfl:

And the topic is now how much awesomeness Captain Falcon's Smash 64 F-Smash contains. I think it contains ten trillion universes worth of awesomeness. It is, quite frankly, enough to make me attracted to the attack in every sense of the word "attracted."

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.
Maybe I should've thought of it when I was writing that post; think as if I said 'Melee' instead of 'Brawl'.
Also, Falcon's Foward Smash from 64 is very good but I feel like it's a bit slow when compared to the Melee one.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hmm.
Maybe I should've thought of it when I was writing that post; think as if I said 'Melee' instead of 'Brawl'.
Also, Falcon's Foward Smash from 64 is very good but I feel like it's a bit slow when compared to the Melee one.
Start-up frames-wise, I'd like to think they're about even. I think the 64 Fsmash has a bit more cooldown, but that's just going off a shot-in-the-dark.

BSP

Smash Legend
I prefer the elbow for than the 64 kick assuming the elbow has melee power.

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I just think the Smash 64 kick looked "cooler" and fit Falcon more. Not that the elbow didn't, but Captain Falcon having a kick like that would be much more "extreme." And that's what Captain Falcon is about: being extreme. Extremely fast, powerful, combo-licious, awesome, dominant, sexy, and above all, fun to play as! :grin:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Not important, but I remember that the Nintendo Power Player's Guide had a name for every attack that the characters had and used in Melee. Here is Captain Falcon's.

Weak Attacks

1-2-3-Multi-Hit: Jab, Straight, Knee, Mach Punch

Strong Attacks

Upward: Wheel Kick
Forward: Round Kick
Downward: Crouching Kick

SMASH ATTACKS:

Upward: Pinwheel Kick
Forward: Overheat Elbow
Downward: Pendulum Kick

Dash Attack: Turbo Shoulder

Aerial Attacks:

Center: Rotary Kick
Front: Knee Smash
Back: Reverse Knuckle
Up: Overhead Kick
Down: Step on It

Special Attacks

Standard B: Falcon Punch
Foward B: Raptor Boost
Upward B: Falcon Dive
Downward B: Falcon Kick

Grapples and Throw Downs

Pummel: Captive Knee
Front: Body Blow
Back: Kickback
Up: Rising Palm
Down: Throw Punch

Just Something to add.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
this is the third post that Ive read with this guy posting the official names of the moves! while thats great and all, what would you like to see in the next installment, asia_catdog_blue?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Round Kick" is a stupid move name for the Forward Kick. It should just be "FACE KICK!!!" Like that! :grin:

@ BSP
Yeah, that does describe Captain Falcon's knee! :laugh: It also describes his up air, Raptor Boost, and Fawkawn KEEEYYKKKKK!!!!

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
this is the third post that Ive read with this guy posting the official names of the moves! while thats great and all, what would you like to see in the next installment, asia_catdog_blue?
That, I'm not really sure.

I just going to expect the unexpected(or, at least, try).

RedGamer

Smash Ace
That, I'm not really sure.

I just going to expect the unexpected(or, at least, try).

well if the sequel is anything like the transition from brawl to melee,
expect the combo ability to be nerfed, expect the top tiers to suck, and expect that the gameplay
will feel nothing like its predecessors.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The files from Brawl have been transferred to the (early) engines of Smash WiiU and 3DS. However, that doesn't mean Captain Falcon is going to be the same. It wouldn't be too hard to fix some of his hit boxes, strength, and whatnot. Plus, there still could be stuff from Melee transferred from Melee! :awesome:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
well if the sequel is anything like the transition from brawl to melee,
expect the combo ability to be nerfed, expect the top tiers to suck, and expect that the gameplay
will feel nothing like its predecessors.
Oh. Well, I hope that doesn't happen.

Actually, I expect the characters to be more lively and with better taunts and poses. I want to hear the Mario Bros insult their opponents for once. "Hey Stinky!" And to showcase more expressions. Just because you're a living trophy that only exist to fight and kill doesn't mean you can't smile and have fun while doing it.

Also, I hope I actually live to see this game completed.

"Round Kick" is a stupid move name for the Forward Kick. It should just be "FACE KICK!!!" Like that! :grin:

@ BSP
Yeah, that does describe Captain Falcon's knee! :laugh: It also describes his up air, Raptor Boost, and Fawkawn KEEEYYKKKKK!!!!
Probably short for Roundhouse Kick.

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
Just in case anyone is still wondering, this is why Blood Falcon won't shouldn't be a separate character.

I edited this in Photoshop; this is normal Captain Falcon with nothing changed except his colours to be the same as Blood Falcon. Compare that to the actual Blood Falcon and there's essentially no difference - keep in mind, Blood Falcon's alternative costumes would just be the same as C. Falcon's (or with the colours switched around).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom