• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Match-Up Database! | (General Discussion); UPDATED: April 18th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Just try to get past his sword, and be very very agile. always have good fast follow ups

watch out for jab

60-40 55-45 i don't care

i think we're done here

Player-3

Smash Hero
Suck at trolling bro
What the **** makes you think i'm trolling?

seriously, ike is a BAD character, all he has is forward air and jab

fair, we can just shield, we're no worse for wear, they have to retreat it to avoid being punished, so they get closer to the edge (which is good for falcon), we wait for them to mess up, and punish them offstage > gimp

jab, just bait it and then SHAD across them and jab them in the back (don't get predictable)

nair is the only problem in this matchup b/c falcon can't outrange the disjoint and it has very little lag, along with his killing potention, and we gimp ike easily with flub > knee and up-bing his aether

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
no i think it's 80-20 falcons favor ike sucks
i would say that s plausible if the falcon has commons sense

but we have to be like the ****ing scrub and not take into consideration the fact that the players actually have the common sense
or as he reffered to it as....

THA HUMAN FACTOR!!!!

*cough* *cough* im talking to you lordhelmet

im not gonna get ****ed at 80-20 as long as the falcon has the skills necessary and plays smart

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Falcon has way too many options on Ike. The only reason I'm convinced that it might not be THAT high in Falcon's favor is because of Ike's jab, really. It's ridiculously disjointed and eats most of our approaches.

Aside from that, Ike lacks a lot of potential. He has to rely on hitting you away with something, waiting, then hitting you away with something again. Repeat. Aside from his jabs and throws, his DPS options are really pathetic.

I actually fear Ganondorf more than Ike.

You've just gotta have patience and play safe around him a lot. If you get one hit in, you have about ten options that branch off of it. lol

Player-3

Smash Hero
80 20 was exaggerrated on purpose

more like 65-35 or 60-40 falcons favor because of ikes stupid *** killing potential XD

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah. xD

40:60 sounds about right to me.

I must have been high when I put that it was in Ike's favor. That, or I was probably raging that I two stocked Renegade's D3, but his Ike two stocked my Falcon. h8 jabs. :[

A user name

Smash Journeyman
So what's it gonna be? I think 45-55 Ike's favor, because as long as you play carefully Ike just doesn't have much to punish you. It's just if you get to offensive he'll be some trouble. The good players are saying 40-60 Falcon's favor though, How is it Falcon's favor? I mean Ike sucks but you're talking about Falcon here, he sucks more.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Ike has: Superior range, superior KO power, superior disjoints, and a better jab.
We have: Superior zoning abilities, good gimp potential, and superior racking ability

I say 45-55 Ike's favor...

We go even in a lot of categories, but Ike's ability to keep us out of his bad zones and amazing KO power tips it in his favor.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Ike has: Superior range, superior KO power, superior disjoints, and a better jab.
We have: Superior zoning abilities, good gimp potential, and superior racking ability

I say 45-55 Ike's favor...

We go even in a lot of categories, but Ike's ability to keep us out of his bad zones and amazing KO power tips it in his favor.
Ike can only keep us out of his zones by retreating fairs

retreating towards the edge

eventually he has to roll or go over us (as long as we don't go and hurrrr derrrr lookatme i'ma rush him so he can get away) in which case we can initiate a juggle or get a kill

his disjoints don't matter because they're so slow and laggy (bar nair, which one of the only problems in the matchup) that we can punish, or he is forced to retreat towards the ledge

his jab is a problem, it puts pressure to push us out of his bad zones when we get in them, so we have to play smarter and outspace the jabs

his nair is by far the biggest problem, they are quick, cover his body, and little landing lag make it hard to punish, but utilt out ranges it AND jab, so you can practically walk up outside his nair/jab range and just utilt once, and if he goes for the fair just shield it and punish or he has to retreat

ike can't keep us out of his bad zones at all lol, we have shield, which beats all of ikes "stay out of my bad zone" moveset, lern2walk + shield attacks and you'll find that ike really does suck

he kills us fast, we gimp him easily

etc

as long as you ban battlefield this matchup is pretty easy for falcon, FD > ike

Player-3

Smash Hero
Well, i guess people don't realize that smash is about more than character moves, it's also ALOT about stages + stage control, both of which falcon has the upper hand in

A user name

Smash Journeyman
Well, i guess people don't realize that smash is about more than character moves, it's also ALOT about stages + stage control, both of which falcon has the upper hand in
I know what you're saying, but I can't imagine Falcon having a matchup in his favor. It's just to good to be true.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Jab is taken care of because of the fact that everything that he can do with his jab is stationary
so as p-3 said, u-tilt easily takes care of it

we dominate him offstage
im thinking u-airs and knees all around
you just need to push im away far enough that aether can't work and low enough so his side+b won't work as a recovery.
get him off stage you have an easy gimp

get him on stage and we can make him retreat to the edge

watch out for killers, even at low percents

he can cover himself with n-air too. in order to take care of that we need to be really agile, or space and time some u-tilts carefully

If he sends us offstage and HE chases after, then the situation is different because of the fact that we should expect a full hopped f-air and that can potentially be very hard to get past

thats all im sayin for now

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Retreating Double hop fairs are pretty safe on falcon actually, if you try to counterattack from a spotdodge or shield(from an fair, or nair) then his landing lag will be over an you will get jab(trust me, i've tried, i get jabbed all the time, even with falcons 2nd best speed) >_>

P3, you must be trolling. 65-35 falcons favor?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHtrolingHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Player-3

Smash Hero
buck you are really stupid

you know that ikes fair has aerial lag

and if he tries to retreating DJ fair we can just sh uair him out of it

he has no double jump and he's above us then

gg

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Retreating Double hop fairs are pretty safe on falcon actually, if you try to counterattack from a spotdodge or shield(from an fair, or nair) then his landing lag will be over an you will get jab(trust me, i've tried, i get jabbed all the time, even with falcons 2nd best speed) >_>

P3, you must be trolling. 65-35 falcons favor?
Dude

No.

F-airs got lag
and if you go in far enough
then you can knick em

its not over that fast

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I don't know about you all but I'll throw in my vote for the 45-55 in Falcon's Favor....if your spacing game is good and you can avoid his heavy KO punishing.....you've got a great chance against a Ike player....and a decent chance at a great ike player.

We can sit here and debate all the possibilites but because Falcon is faster than Ike, I'll give him the advantage in this matchup.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Speed is not everything though
You can be fast as sonic but if you can't follow up on attacks, you fail
Ike's NAir is a good deterrent against Falcon and Ike's attacks can KO us if they land
The only reason why Falcon doesn't own Ike is because of Ike's jab
The only reason why Ike doesn't own Falcon is because of Ike's fail recovery

also, San(Best Ike) defeated Ally (Best Falcon atm) at WHOBO so yeah

imo, MU 55-45 :ike: just because Ike's ranged KO potential

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Speed is not everything though
You can be fast as sonic but if you can't follow up on attacks, you fail
Ike's NAir is a good deterrent against Falcon and Ike's attacks can KO us if they land
The only reason why Falcon doesn't own Ike is because of Ike's jab
The only reason why Ike doesn't own Falcon is because of Ike's fail recovery

also, San(Best Ike) defeated Ally (Best Falcon atm) at WHOBO so yeah

imo, MU 55-45 :ike: just because Ike's ranged KO potential
Good point.
Well said.
I whole heartily agree.
Of course I've never had much of a problem with Ikes here in Texas....their impeccable KO factor just overwhelms any speed issues ike may have....but we have the gimp...but if we can't gimp Ike, we're gonna have a hard time keeping him off the stage

45-55 Ike :)

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
This really is a ridiculous match-up.

It's one of the ones where I can honestly say "Whichever player can predict or punish better has the advantage". Ike just has an easier time because his attacks are pretty overpowered when it comes to KO potential. But he's pretty easy to punish himself.

I'm almost convinced to say the ratio is even.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Ike beats Falcon =( sadly San knew how to handle C.F jabbing me to death I couldnt do anything if I remember. poor C.F. I'll try again still ! maybe I can figure out something
That's what I was saying the first time.

When I played Renegade, my Falcon was beasting all over his D3, then his Ike jabbed me to death. It's too disjointed to even get a hit in on him with Falcon. rofl

I'm convinced shielding and grabbing might be the only good option against it.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Ike beats Falcon =( sadly San knew how to handle C.F jabbing me to death I couldnt do anything if I remember. poor C.F. I'll try again still ! maybe I can figure out something
Thats the spirit.
I think we will be able to orgininate a way around it.

That's what I was saying the first time.

When I played Renegade, my Falcon was beasting all over his D3, then his Ike jabbed me to death. It's too disjointed to even get a hit in on him with Falcon. rofl

I'm convinced shielding and grabbing might be the only good option against it.
Sheilding and grabbing might not work more than a couple times.
If we had more than 1 option against ikes jab, that can each be taken care of differently then i would say that the match up is in our favor.

How fast does jab eat sheild, and by how much does it knock us back by?

Ally has spoken, it must be Ike's favor.
stop riding on allys d!ck

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It's one of the ones where I can honestly say "Whichever player can predict or punish better has the advantage".
I'm gonna say that doesn't really work cause all MUs are technically like this.. (though once you hit 70:30+ MUs then that's a different story :laugh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom