• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Match-Up Database! | (General Discussion); UPDATED: April 18th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Wait, Darx. Didn't you tell me a few pages back it's stupid to compare match-ups?

As Red would say, get your act together woman.

And Acedude is now mah boi.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
i was playin fire with fire

you compared MUs
i compared them right back at ya

and don't even tell me what red would say

that boi is my N!66A 4 LIFE!!!!

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Yeah P-3. But what if we threw some bananas into the orange/apple matchup? I'd say it'd be 60-40 apples favor by then

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Regardless, nine-tenths of THIS board are wifi players. A good seven-tenths of this community in general is wifi players. Everything gets nerfed on wifi, but if a person knows their timing in the .25 second lag time, then it's possible to play properly. Just because it's wifi doesn't mean something ISN'T going to come out.

If offline only is your verdict, than we might as well not even have a match-up guide up for discussion. Just talk about our ideas and leave the ratios for offline players to decide.

I am agreeing with you though, online, characters aren't guaranteed the performance as they would be given offline. The 20:80 ratio still seems about right to me, but I don't see 25:75 pushing it either.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
You could've edited your last post instead of double posting.
no cause if i edit you would be like "lol edit minus 3 credibility"

Regardless, nine-tenths of THIS board are wifi players. A good seven-tenths of this community in general is wifi players. Everything gets nerfed on wifi, but if a person knows their timing in the .25 second lag time, then it's possible to play properly. Just because it's wifi doesn't mean something ISN'T going to come out.

If offline only is your verdict, than we might as well not even have a match-up guide up for discussion. Just talk about our ideas and leave the ratios for offline players to decide.

I am agreeing with you though, online, characters aren't guaranteed the performance as they would be given offline. The 20:80 ratio still seems about right to me, but I don't see 25:75 pushing it either.
at this point i don't care what you post it as darky,
it is 8-2 cause of everything i have said

peace.

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
We should discuss Ike.

he gives me more trouble than marth, but that may be cause i know alot of the marth mu, while i know nothing of the ike Mu. lol

also, I powershield on wifi, take that *****es

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
We've been going down the tier list for match-up discussions. Speaking of, I need to reorder the guide to fit the new Tier List format too. Bah.

Player-3

Smash Hero
We should discuss Ike.

he gives me more trouble than marth, but that may be cause i know alot of the marth mu,
while i know nothing of the ike Mu. lol

also, I powershield on wifi, take that *****es
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Falcon's got stuff on Ike, honestly I wouldn't exactly be shocked if Falcon actually won this matchup.

I mean honestly...you do actually have a better Jab than he does (gentleman cancel is more **** than his Jab cancel in terms of damage, and your Jab -> grab >>>>> his), and Ike really only has like two moves that can really hit you legitimately if you don't get tricked and play with good reaction time. He can spam a lot of Jabs and his B-air is pretty quick, but he really can't set up into anything, and powershielding of course destroys him.

Run circles around him, play carefully, and Falcon's better zoning options and combos and SAFE kill moves should do the work for you. I won't say the matchup is easy, but Falcon does have more options.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
^last time this was discussed I think the consensus was that Ike's Jab > Falcon's Jab...Ike isn't that slow...if he abuses Nair autocancel and rising bair he can be pretty hard to handle. I still think this matchup is slightly in Ike's favour

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Also, if you try to counterattack a spaced fair on ike, you will get a jab to the face.

also, it's kinda hard to explain which jab is better due to the fact that falcon an ike place such a heavy focus of there jabs.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Falcon's got stuff on Ike, honestly I wouldn't exactly be shocked if Falcon actually won this matchup.

I mean honestly...you do actually have a better Jab than he does (gentleman cancel is more **** than his Jab cancel in terms of damage, and your Jab -> grab >>>>> his), and Ike really only has like two moves that can really hit you legitimately if you don't get tricked and play with good reaction time. He can spam a lot of Jabs and his B-air is pretty quick, but he really can't set up into anything, and powershielding of course destroys him.

Run circles around him, play carefully, and Falcon's better zoning options and combos and SAFE kill moves should do the work for you. I won't say the matchup is easy, but Falcon does have more options.
Ike's reach>falcon's reach.

A good/perfectly spacing ike>a good/perfectly spacing falcon.
That, plus ike's more rewarding moves when they connect (more damage), make this matchup:

60-40. Ike's advantage.

Falcon's versatility and speed make up for other possible advantages ike has over falcon.

Thus, 60-40. Ike's advantage.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Falcon wins damage dealing easily. Falcon by a pretty good margin has better Jab combos and juggles (and unless I'm mistaken, Falcon's Jab punishes dodges a bit more reliably). Ike's damage per hit isn't actually that high anyway. He does more knockback than damage (Jab is like the only exception lol), and he's really crap at combos for the most part.

When Ike cancels from Jab 1 and 2, he does 9 damage. When you cancel from the Gentleman, you do 11 damage, and Falcon's throws are also better in terms of damage and setups, so I'd say that Falcon actually has the better Jab. Gentleman cancel should work especially well on Ike in particular since he doesn't have many options to get out of it.

You also have better tilts than he does. Ike's tilts are almost unusable due to bad startup and ending lag, while Falcon's tilts at least have decent speed and can be used to outspace his Jab.

Generally speaking Ike just sucks at mobility and you can wait him out and watch for an opportunity to outzone him, powershield him, or you can shieldgrab him out of Jabs for that matter, and Falcon's BETTER Jab combos and juggles should be what pushes this matchup in his favor.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Ike's reach>falcon's reach.

A good/perfectly spacing ike>a good/perfectly spacing falcon.
That, plus ike's more rewarding moves when they connect (more damage), make this matchup:

60-40. Ike's advantage.

Falcon's versatility and speed make up for other possible advantages ike has over falcon.

Thus, 60-40. Ike's advantage.
^
This.

That's pretty much a TL;DR version of anything that I was about to post.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
im down with 60-40

falcon has the speed necessary to break into ikes game

just try your best not to eat something

space well,

the higher ikes % the less likely he can retaliate with something powerful after you hit him

i see a win for falcon is possible in this match up
but im not gonna argue it like how i did with the marth match up so its up to you guys. i have given my 2 cents for now

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
You cant airdodge it, since it has a long lasting hitbox.
Yeah you can

I can agree to 60-40 Ike, though I've rarely lost this match-up in like. Ever

but theorybrawl says ike > falcon (but that's not hard)

6-4 ike agreed

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Does anyone think this match-up is 44-55 (Ike)?

The only thing Ike's got is retreating fair, ftilt, and jab. I think we go even with Ike on the ground, and for the most part we beat him in the air. Not to mention flub>uair offstage = gimp.

A user name

Smash Journeyman
I think it's 45-55, but I'm a noob. And you were the guy who thought Marth was 25-75. So it must be 40-60.

Player-3

Smash Hero
his ftilt isn't good

his fair keeps us away and we can't punish it easily unless he messes up

his jab has more range than ours

he kills us ab absurd percentages with bair

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
he definitly has the potential to knock you all over the stage.

blasing ourself into him isn't gonna be TOO hard.
once off stage its either him knocking you to the left or the right or you doing some u-air and flub knee bull****
always knock him into an area where his f-air won't reach

yeah thats some random crap i've got on ike

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
45:55 is a pretty good ratio too. You've just got to watch out for a lot of the stuff Ike does. He leaves a lot of openings for punishing, which Falcon can take advantage of with his speed and grabs.

Ike's jabs and aerials are a pain though. That's the main things to watch out for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom