• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol Yeah Brookman, lynching is approximately what happened to perhaps one of the worst attempts at humor made on the boards this month.

Anyways yeah M2K you seem a little upset. When you said "CF will hit you with a ledgehopped aerial" I was thinking to myself "yes, I will nair him and start a combo." Then I realized that it never works, and wonder why. You write further, "hopefully nair so I can crouch cancel it."

God.. god.... goddammit.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
What tourney are you talking about m2k? C3? or sumthin >_>

Either way you win too much :laugh:

Don't kill me
the big tourney that Lee won. I'm not really mad that Lee won as I heard he deserved it, but Chu Eggm and Dave apparantly all got ***** and lost to ikes. Top 3 or 4 were all ikes, and I heard the TVs sucked. I'm just upset that I didn't go, I think I could have done good.

I don't win too much, I've hardly won any money at all from smash after you take away travel fees. I've made like 11k in the past 3 years playing, compare to most other top players that's not much at all.

I wanna WiFi but my internet is so awful that I can't do it without being super frusturated.

Brookman don't insult the nipple spike, his nipples are the most furious nipples in the world.

Azen move in with me, I know you're going to randomly find this message.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I'm sorry about the edgeguarding thing, if it upset you so much. Apparently I was misled by other posts, like these:

dont listen to the others for edgeguarding. just spam fsmash. falcon cant sweetspot the edge, meaning he will always poke up a little above the stage. this means you can fsmash him a bagillion times and he cant do **** about it, save learning to tech.
m2k edgeguard looks cool the first time, but it isnt as efficient. dtilt and fsmash are safer and more reliable.
Forget everything you know. Now go stand near the edge. Then grab and throw the falcon off. Now pick between fsmash or dtilt. If they make it back, do it again. That is all.
I'm very confused now.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
m2k don't worry I was just messin with you >_>.

Thats gay that all of them lost though :(.

Dam Eggm shoulda camped more :laugh:

LMFAO at furious nipples.

Witchking -

Well Cactus > Nearly all of the marth players

M2K > Cactus

So just listen to m2k and forget about it ;)

IrArby

Smash Ace
Witchking, I also had heard(read actually) that Falcon can't sweetspot the edge either so we must've been reading the same thread.

Real question though: In some marth dittos I've been doing lately I'll link two double fairs against him without him fairing back but the other marth somehow manages to DI into the ground and fall stopping my combo usually on the 4th fair (second hit of the second double fair). All this inspite of my tippered fairs so my question is, is there a way around this like throwin in an upair Kizzu style, am I just starting my combos at to low of a percentage, or is there no way of really avoiding this.

Any other marth ditto advice is appreciatied too especially concerning comboing.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yeah, I remember one time in PA, M2K and I marth dittod for a looong time, a few hours at least. I kept asking him, what should I do to get better and improve? And he just kept telling me things like :"Don't get *****." or "I'm just too good and fast" or "Get faster" or "Stop being an idiot" lol

Then I wanted to go get food and he said..."Fine, next time you kill me we'll get food"

It was a while before we got food lol

POINT OF THE STORY: M2K's a cool dude, but Cactuar's right, I didn't learn that much from him

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
I remember I played falco against m2k, and I was getting completley ***** and I'm like "What should I do to not get utterly *****" and he responded with "I **** falcos". Then I picked Jiggly Puff and I'm like "what should I do with jiggly vs marth?" and he responded with "I **** jigglypuff".

I always wondered If I asked him a question like "wheres the closest bus stop from here?" if he would respond with "I **** Bus's"

Cort

Apple Head
I hate when people ask me the most absurdly generic questions

"what should I do to win?"

"I donno, I **** people that ask me that question"

You have to ask more specific questions if you want to get better, the rest is up to you and using your BRAIN

IrArby

Smash Ace
irarby...have you ever played kizzu?
No unfortunately the only reference I have concerning kizzu is combo videos since I'm not nearly good enough to play pros. If I were good enough to play him I probably wouldn't need general advice on Marth Dittos. Fair to Uair is something you see alot in The Ultimate Marth Combo Video featuring Kizzu mainly against his brother. Since I hadn't seen alot of other marths using that combo I associated it with him. My bad. SO yea I guess I don't have an effin clue about Kizzu's style but I do have a question so thanks for your prompt and pointless answer.

Does anyone have any general advice in Marth dittos? I've been watching ken/azen marth dittos but I'd hate to watch, them make assumptions about how they play, and have LOLers ask whether I've played them or not. Some more M2K advice is always welcome.

Oh and no I've never gotten advice from M2K either.

Also I accidentally put uptilt instead of uair in the first post. Hope it makes more sense now.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
No unfortunately the only reference I have concerning kizzu is combo videos since I'm not nearly good enough to play pros. If I were good enough to play him I probably wouldn't need general advice on Marth Dittos. Fair to Uair is something you see alot in The Ultimate Marth Combo Video featuring Kizzu mainly against his brother. Since I hadn't seen alot of other marths using that combo I associated it with him. My bad. SO yea I guess I don't have an effin clue about Kizzu's style but I do have a question so thanks for your prompt and pointless answer.

Does anyone have any general advice in Marth dittos? I've been watching ken/azen marth dittos but I'd hate to watch, them make assumptions about how they play, and have LOLers ask whether I've played them or not. Some more M2K advice is always welcome.

Oh and no I've never gotten advice from M2K either.

Also I accidentally put uptilt instead of uair in the first post. Hope it makes more sense now.
hey don't worry about it, kizzu is an ok marth if that, you should watch cactuar's marth if you get a chance, he has one of the best marths out there, he switches up his style constantly in matches, and he controls space exceptionally well, just watch the vids and understand what is going on, if you have questions, im sure cactuar would help...this is his thread

IrArby

Smash Ace
Cool thanks I've seen a few of his vids cause honestly its hard not to. I'll check the Marth video archive cause I'm lookin specifically for marth dittos and I'm sure I'll have alot of questions.

soap

Smash Hero
I don't win too much, I've hardly won any money at all from smash after you take away travel fees. I've made like 11k in the past 3 years playing, compare to most other top players that's not much at all..
lol, compared to the negative 1k+ that most kids have gotten from competitive smash travels over the years. :laugh:

anywayz quit braggin son

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
Hey I've been working on making my Marth alot more fluid things like SHHFL'ing, wavelanding and WD'ing I have no problems with. I have been working alot on WD into grab, F-smash and U-tilt the last one being the one I find hardest. I can also SHDF pretty consistantly and i am working on pivoting my F-smash and would like to be able to do it into U-tilt.

My question is this from what ive read a technical Marth is basically a very fluid Marth is there anything that I'm missing in my list that I should work on?? besides keeping on practicing what I already know which obviously can always be improved.

IrArby

Smash Ace
I'm not Catuar (obviously) but I'd recommend using those techs on specific chars since you need to apply all of those differently. Playing Marth, you have to adapt your playstyle alot. Edgeguarding too is extremely important so work on that as well if you haven't already. Watch pros play(Cactuar's vids are like minilessons in all that is Marthdom), understand the what and why there doing certain things, and ask specific questions whenever possible for best feedback.

Hope that helps.

soap

Smash Hero
empty sh wavelands is my favorite aerial mixup, sh back to space out their aproach, fox starts to shoot lasers, waveland forward tip

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Short hop fair with a waveland at the end is useful too. It's about the same timing as the shdf.

Oh and reverse Dolphin Slash can be useful too. Edgeguards, combo finishers, whatever. Wavedashing out of shield is useful sometimes... ummm... yeah.

I dunno why you'd wavedash to grab if you could just dash into a JC grab...

dudutsai

Smash Lord
When someone lands behind you after an aerial, what do you do?

I've seen videos of people sffl'ing a sweetspotted dair, which I guess could stun them...
What percentages is this useful, and is there anything I could replace it with that would punish them for landing behind me?

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
depends on the amount of space, wd out of shield or do an aerial yourself out of shield but space it, kind of like moving away from the opponent

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Keep in mind that you can only hit them that way if you dair as soon as you jump, which means below twenty percent or so (when they won't actually leave the ground but kinda just reel back a bit) they can run in and punish you.

You can always jump out of shield, DI towards them and use a nair.

IrArby

Smash Ace
If you want good advice its best to be specific concerning exactly how this particular roy is edguarding you (what options you use and what options he uses to shut down your options etc). Don't want to sound like I'm lecturing (since I do this too) but an equally simple answer to your simple question would be to not get hit when your recovering or something like that. Specific questions lead to more specific answers. So what exactly does roy do to edgeguard you? How did you get setup for the edgeguard in the first place? Stuff like that.

Also, you should edit your thing so it reads: When life gives you lemons make OJ and walk away while life wonders how you did it. Just don't drink the OJ, drink applejuice cause OJ will kill you and get aquitted for it too.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
What's Marth's worst matchup?
This is a serious question and not flamebait, I'm asking since I keep getting ***** by marths lol.
I main fox and I keep getting edgegimpgayed.
Something notable is that I play PAL: Marth falls from the shine making shine combos much less effective and sometimes impossible for you. They can tech the shine and above 20% you cant even waveshine->jab him properly because he "floats up" instead of doing the stand up animation, and if he DI's away he can often nair me or airdodge away before I can follow up my jab.
Also, don't say sheik because sheik's uair is much weaker here and her d-throw is different so sheik vs marth is generally an even matchup here.

So, apart from fox and sheik, are there any characters that can be considered a marth counter or marth semi-counter?

IrArby

Smash Ace
C. Falcon according to Ken is a true Marth counter. I don't know the Falcon differences between ours and the PAL version but he shouldn't be too difficult too pickup after Fox. I'm guessing thats why your asking.

Top Bottom