• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
there might have been an update before some of the dukes too.
Also Mekos you're frickin crazy in doubles I've never seen a team actually consciously work to constantly keep one opponent sandwiched and team comboed while warding off the other guy. curraazy

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
there might have been an update before some of the dukes too.
Also Mekos you're frickin crazy in doubles I've never seen a team actually consciously work to constantly keep one opponent sandwiched and team comboed while warding off the other guy. curraazy
Thanks man. It's kinda natural for me since I have been playing team competitive games since I was young. When u have a partner there is always a place to best position yourself for various tactics and strats. It's sad how the current smash scene mostly just runs around blindly.

But anyways. Since we doing this PR thing.
I've been to Ktar 6: 33rd in singles out of 97; 7th in dubs out of 37(back got broken lol), Clash 1:7th in singles out of 33; 1st in dubs; 3rd low-tiers, TGM3:2nd in singles;first in dubs, and TGM4: 4th in singles; 1st in dubs.

People beat at Clash 1 were: Cheese, Gunblade, Chibo, ninjalink, and others.
People beat at Ktar 6 were: definitely don't remember. Just know I fought through a long hard road through losers bracket since I had to face atmosk's DDD second round :urg:

Not sure everyone I have beaten but locally I've only lost to Esam, Kadaj, and Stingers.
I've also beaten esam. That was cool :bee: He's so good!

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
All I've got of note this season is Salt Mines 2, where I managed to get two wins against GA's PR, and place decently.

I still haven't beat anyone on our PR, though, so it doesn't matter.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I did some **** at tournaments and placed somewhere and beat some PR members but I'm too lazy to look it up. You already know Alex ;)

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Ok well at the first ncsu I beat anchor and lost to Kadaj and Waldorf
the 2nd one I lost to stockfield and sushi but beat gq and a random
gold mine 3 I lost to 4god and bbq (tied for 17th with jayson)
gold mine 4 I lost to mekos and steve but beat item9 sane, unknown, and scotty

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
In the Power Rankings list, who is the guy in the #5 picture? Is he from OP cause I sure don't recognize him.

I am Seth

Smash Lord
SP or Boone where all we smoke is christmas trees.
Vice i read your thread in the wario boards and i feel like we are sorta in the same boat. I want to main at least two characters to cover all my mu's. three is just too much to handle.

I'm going back to my wario roots and i really like donkey kong (mainly cuz i've played him so long). But i feel like this combo leaves some bad match ups. Mainly king ddd. I ****ing hate king ddd. I have a horrible history against this character.

I guess what i'm trying to say is i'm looking for suggestions of what might be a better combination with wario.

I'll happily take everyone's input for what it's worth. Also, idk if this is the right place to post this but I haven't been on swf in a while so sorry if i offend anyone.

I'm really excited about playing this game again now that mk will be banned.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, Falco and pikachu cover DDD well, but I'm not sure who else is beneficial against him off the top of my head.

I share your anti-DDD sentiments LOL.

archer.

Smash Lord
IC's **** DDD so hard it's not even funny. They're a tedious character to learn but they have like hardly any bad match-ups.

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
Was anyone in Charlotte planning on having smash this weekend? I may consider having some people over my house for a small smashfest this saturday (or the following one). I'm trying to talk my parents into allowing this, they're pretty strict.

My address is 1205 Nightingale Road, Waxhaw, NC

Just bear in mind that address probably won't show up on a GPS (it doesn't on mine), but google maps will do just fine. If you want to use GPS, you can enter 1957 Cuthbertson Road, Waxhaw and it will take you VERY close to my neighborhood (Lawson)

That said it's not guaranteed just yet but it is very likely I can make this possible. I'll have this confirmed by tonight, but for now I would like to know who would be interested. If everything goes well, I could try hosting future tournaments. I've got a pretty decent game room made just for this kind of thing.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Seth, your best bets for ddd rapage are olimar or falco. Id imagine that since you probably don't enjoy those projectile campy type of chars (the types of chars that beat ddd =p) you probably wouldn't want to play them much outside of the ddd mu. Olimar and falco are both rather easy to learn and both destroy ddd when used properly. Falco also has the added benefit of going close to marth who wario also kinda gets bodied by, but that's all on you lol

:phone:

I am Seth

Smash Lord
I would go donkey kong against marth. but you're right about me not playing campy characters tho. it's just not my preferred play style. so that doesn't help my case at all against ddd. lol

i've been reading up on the wario/ddd mu and it's pretty unanimous that the best way to defeat ddd is to get on stages with platforms and air camp the balls off him and make sure u don't get grabbed. of course you need to hit him first and there lies the challenge. after u get the lead it's runaway and pick your shots wisely.

i think i'll try wario first before i pick up a whole new character for 1 mu. ill just study and practice the mu extra hard. my mentality is different now that i can't just give up and play meta knight like i did before. lol i'm gonna actually try to be a creditable smasher now.

V1CE

Smash Champion
Seth... I thought I might main Wario when mk gets banned but nowadays im leaning toqard Snake... ya snake loses to DDD and idk about pika or olimar but ima prob main snak with wario and falco as 2nds for bad m'us ill also play DK and DDD since i played them for so long and could use them in particualr m'us i feel comfy with...

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i've gotten better, but good is probably still a stretch. I'd say respectable though.

i still think snakes utilt might be a legit character. i need to play brawl again...

I am Seth

Smash Lord
Seth... I thought I might main Wario when mk gets banned but nowadays im leaning toqard Snake... ya snake loses to DDD and idk about pika or olimar but ima prob main snak with wario and falco as 2nds for bad m'us ill also play DK and DDD since i played them for so long and could use them in particualr m'us i feel comfy with...
Snake is op so there's no argument that you should main him.

my only problem is that you just listed off 5 characters you would play in tourney. i think that would hold your snakes overall development back. the 5 char strategy might work against scrubs but i'm thinking you would almost always hit a wall when you would eventually play top of nc/oos.

just one secondary i think is perfect.

I think maxing out your main's potential is important in getting good at this game. that means learning situational brawl and bad mu's.

this is all my opinion of course. correct me if i sound stupid.

V1CE

Smash Champion
Snake is op so there's no argument that you should main him.

my only problem is that you just listed off 5 characters you would play in tourney. i think that would hold your snakes overall development back. the 5 char strategy might work against scrubs but i'm thinking you would almost always hit a wall when you would eventually play top of nc/oos.

just one secondary i think is perfect.

I think maxing out your main's potential is important in getting good at this game. that means learning situational brawl and bad mu's.

this is all my opinion of course. correct me if i sound stupid.
NO you are right... its just hard cause MK was that for me... my confidence is with others is nothing in comparison... so it is hard to make a decision..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom