• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CASTLE SMASH FEST 2!!! December 13th, 2008. Centereach, NY BRAWL/MELEE

doommachine15

Smash Ace
yo, i also needs that partner for the thing called doubles
people would easily team with you, if you weren't a newb that only knew how to use the C-stick....i know thats mostly how brawl works..but you overkill to the point of having no skill...

prove me wrong and MM with someone that you cant just spam your c-stick...i heard your kirby was good..how about you mm your kirby vs either my pika/falco/snake

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
I might need a doubles partner. I dont know yet... and no to Dabuz in advance.

MTD

Smash Apprentice
people would easily team with you, if you weren't a newb that only knew how to use the C-stick....i know thats mostly how brawl works..but you overkill to the point of having no skill...

prove me wrong and MM with someone that you cant just spam your c-stick...i heard your kirby was good..how about you mm your kirby vs either my pika/falco/snake
yea dude ill most likely team with you ill let you know soon

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Chris doesn't even know how to SHDL and Kirin's Link is really good. If he camps his balls out he might pull it off XP

doesnt matter, i never do the double laser right and my falco is still good, all you have to do is camp and do dairs on shield while jumping back. link cant take advantage of falcos recovery in this game whereas links recovery is balls

kirin if u wanna mm my falco then np lol

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

lol, johns, actually, i couldn't have only c-sticked because i got a few nairs, up-bs, and charged dsmashes along with grabs and fairs in which can't be c-sticked, and i may be wrong but i believe i super armored quite a few times in the tourney as well:lick:

and who says i use olimar for dubz, my strategy and character for dubz is completely bipolar to singles in every way;)

also, i will be will to have my kirbs mm your pikachu or falco, but snake is out of the question because that match is extremely one sided:psycho: say, 5$, 3 stock 2/3 random neutral stages only, no cps?

edit: alsonot like im meta or someone whose entire moveset is really useful, only have few useful and useable in many situations moves as oli, smashes, grabs, fairs, and nairs, but, w/e, everyone complains about olis c-stick so i really don't care anymore, the goal of a tourney is to win, there is no wrong or right way to do it

GodotAA

Smash Ace
its just your character. i personally feel olimar is a dumb character because of what he can do... the smash attack wall. the ******** grab range. amazing kill power and oppurtunity. hes broken if it wasnt for his recovery.

but hey its really who ever you like to play. just like i like to play metaknight.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
snake is out of the question because that match is extremely one sided:psycho: say, 5$, 3 stock 2/3 random neutral stages only, no cps?

Talk to Eli and Chu about that :3

It appears as though I'll need a partner for doubles if I choose to enter, however. If I fail to get another partner I'm better aquainted with, I'll team with you, dabuz. I have no problem with csticking if it wins us matches LOL

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Talk to Eli and Chu about that :3

It appears as though I'll need a partner for doubles if I choose to enter, however. If I fail to get another partner I'm better aquainted with, I'll team with you, dabuz. I have no problem with csticking if it wins us matches LOL
cool, if you can't find another partner that would be great, and don't worry, only if you fight my oli in singles will the cstick win, in dubs my c-stick is replaced by the a button, also, snake is still a horrible matchup for kirby to a point where i won't mm that, no matter what

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
cool, if you can't find another partner that would be great, and don't worry, only if you fight my oli in singles will the cstick win, in dubs my c-stick is replaced by the a button, also, snake is still a horrible matchup for kirby to a point where i won't mm that, no matter what
Actually, i think everyone I know has a partner already so we can make this definite. You might remember me, I played your Oli last Castle and tried Planking my way to victory lol

Ryan-K

Smash Master
lol, johns, actually, i couldn't have only c-sticked because i got a few nairs, up-bs, and charged dsmashes along with grabs and fairs in which can't be c-sticked, and i may be wrong but i believe i super armored quite a few times in the tourney as well:lick:

and who says i use olimar for dubz, my strategy and character for dubz is completely bipolar to singles in every way;)

also, i will be will to have my kirbs mm your pikachu or falco, but snake is out of the question because that match is extremely one sided:psycho: say, 5$, 3 stock 2/3 random neutral stages only, no cps?

edit: alsonot like im meta or someone whose entire moveset is really useful, only have few useful and useable in many situations moves as oli, smashes, grabs, fairs, and nairs, but, w/e, everyone complains about olis c-stick so i really don't care anymore, the goal of a tourney is to win, there is no wrong or right way to do it
olimar doesn't use all his moves because he only needs like 5 of them to win

mk doesntu se all his moves cuz not all of them are good

mk is broken but olimar is just stupid no johns

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Actually, i think everyone I know has a partner already so we can make this definite. You might remember me, I played your Oli last Castle and tried Planking my way to victory lol
wait wait wait, planking=edge stalling, right? kinda cheap but normally effective lol, and cool, found a partner now i guess

if olimar some how had a good recovery hed be the most broken character in the game... end discussio[/QOUTE] uh no, in fact, everyone underestimates olis recovery but smart olis(like myself) are pretty hard to esgeguard/ hog/ gimp, people just don't understand that oli has quite a few exploitable flaws and if they would take those advantages instead of running into shield grabs, you would see why he can't be broken, he is annoying and meant to be so but no where near brokenn

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
You guys have gotta stop hating on dabuz, no johns. I lost to him but that's just cause I have no ****ing clue how to play against Olimar, that's my own fault. We gotta do mad friendlies this tourny dabuz :p Also yeah Planking=Edge stalling.

Also, if you're def going to this Snakeee we gotta do lotsa friendlies, I haven't played you since that tournament in CT months ago, and I won't lose the chance of playing the best ZSS in the country :3

GodotAA

Smash Ace
im not hatin on dabuz at all. im hatin on his wack character. and ive played good olimars before... it is quite possibly the dumbest most annoying battle in the world. run away, throw pikmen, grab, aerial, 80 percent WTF, downsmash dead.... fail thats just stupid. metaknight cant even do it that fast.

and olimars recover is pretty bad. but its till better then some because of pikmenzzzz

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
im not hatin on dabuz at all. im hatin on his wack character. and ive played good olimars before... it is quite possibly the dumbest most annoying battle in the world. run away, throw pikmen, grab, aerial, 80 percent WTF, downsmash dead.... fail thats just stupid. metaknight cant even do it that fast.

and olimars recover is pretty bad. but its till better then some because of pikmenzzzz
No johns

Olimar's gay and all but come on dude, you play MK. being gay is being gay no matter how fast you do it (Holy **** that sounded wrong)

GodotAA

Smash Ace
olimar can beat MK with only few problems as long as they dont get owned off the ledge...

like ive already said if olimar didnt have that recovery of his hed be jsut as good maybe even better.

and i dont really need you totellme about my loller character, he at least makes sense...

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
olimar can beat MK with only few problems as long as they dont get owned off the ledge...

like ive already said if olimar didnt have that recovery of his hed be jsut as good maybe even better.

and i dont really need you totellme about my loller character, he at least makes sense...
But he DOES get ***** off the stage.

I know Atomsk's Oli can wreck MKs and ****, but Olimar's not on MK's level lol. Hypothetical situations where he has a good recovery has nothing to do with how he compares to MK.

Seriously, this game is unbalanced, but I think we all get it at this point. As Inui has said to me many times "No use johning, step your **** up."

GodotAA

Smash Ace
yea that is true... but what i really meant to say is on the stage olimar can even out MK.... but off it fail... thats where a problem start to arise. if he didnt have that problem i think hed be up there.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
No it can't because Ike potential is so limited. His recovery, his approach, the constant **** of a chain grabing laser shooting bird, his laggy aerials even if they can be well spaced can only get him so far. But this is what many of the characters have to deal with in brawl... just using your example of ike as an example. AS it is possible to be good with him. the character itself just doesn't have what it takes win CONSISTANTLY against the characters being discussed.

Snakeee

Smash Master
You guys have gotta stop hating on dabuz, no johns. I lost to him but that's just cause I have no ****ing clue how to play against Olimar, that's my own fault. We gotta do mad friendlies this tourny dabuz :p Also yeah Planking=Edge stalling.

Also, if you're def going to this Snakeee we gotta do lotsa friendlies, I haven't played you since that tournament in CT months ago, and I won't lose the chance of playing the best ZSS in the country :3
Sure, and thanks for the compliment lol. I'm not sure who you were at that tourney sorry. Were you the Marth player I played in the tournament? Btw, I loved Elfen Lied (even though it was pretty crazy) :)

Top Bottom