• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Category Character Tier Lists

okisme

Smash Cadet
Let me save everyone the pain and trouble tell you that you're just plain wrong. 5 frames of lag are unnoticeable to the human eye? You have no idea what you're talking about.
i said that wrong, but its easier to recover with no frames of lag

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
The recovery-edgeguard aspect of every other character basically comes down to a slightly more complex and unbalanced form of rock paper scissors. Ness's recovery comes down to a game of rock paper scissors where all Ness has is paper and the other player will sometimes lose because he tripped while throwing out scissors.
This made me laugh^

Also, it is never easy for Ness to recover.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I really dont understand at all why sakurai had to nerf the ***ing ness recovery from SSB (J) to SSB (U) and SSB (E) -___-

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
the only times I have been unable to edgeguard ness are when:

-there is too much lag, or the game freezes for a second and I get disoriented.
-I somehow dont get out to him fast enough and he is able to sweetspot the ledge from above (does not happen often since I usually get to the guy if he is recovering close)
-He reverse ledge DIs due to my inability to hit him when he was not near the ledge.

and yeah, semp, he does not want to give up. I played him on galaxy a few days ago. Needless to say, I did not let him recover

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
did you even test this against a good ness on console?
Don't even dare bring personal skill into this. Just judging by your posts I'd tear you a new one before you even realized what happened. Just because you can't get it through your thick head that Ness's recovery is less viable than Link's doesn't mean you can start an argument based an anecdotal information.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Yes!! I think that was too much for a Smash Rookie/@okisme
lol
Anyway, we shoulden't judge him/her for his/her posts #s
NixxxoN said:
lol fb
if being harsh/rude was a delict, you would've got the capital punishment already
lolz

NixxxoN

Smash Master
What about stoping being so judgemental and dont bash him, people are born without smash64 master degree

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
What about stoping being so judgemental and dont bash him, people are born without smash64 master degree
Don't post when you don't know what you're talking about. He just comes in here and pretends that his terrible knowledge is somehow correct and then tries to bring up anecdotal information as proof that he's not wrong.

tacos

Smash Journeyman
People shouldn't get judged by their number of posts,(reads last couple of pages) then again some people who are new here don't know what their talkin about:glare:

NixxxoN

Smash Master
He just comes in here and pretends that his terrible knowledge is somehow correct and then tries to bring up anecdotal information as proof that he's not wrong.
OMG!!! HOW DARE HE!!!! PLEASE LETS KILL THIS ****ING NOOB WITH TERRIBLE KNOWLEDGE!!!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Stop trolling in my thread nix.

Yeah, we shouldn't thrash noobs just because they're noobs. We should thrash them because they have been told otherwise by multiple people yet still continue to bring up the same points in a slightly different light. Like fire said, he is basing all his info off personal experience, which is not stellar, while I have stated numerous times that this list is geared toward higher levels of play.

Dont tell me I dont know if he is good or not, because I have played him on galaxy. I am not trying to talk smack to the kid, but he is not my level. That I am certain.

Dont you get annoyed when there is that one stupid kid in your class who always raises his hand and answers the questions stupidly even though he knows he does not know the information? Unless you're that kid, in which case, I understand.

The point I am trying to make is that this argument is derailing a semi-serious thread. We heard both sides of the argument and the community has mostly made its decision on the matchup. Why bring it up any further? Just because you don't like intelligent conversation does not mean every noob should run through these boards rampantly posting whatever comes to their minds before even considering the counter argument.

That is all I have to say on that matter, I dont want the mods closing this thread because of this recurrent argument and I also dont want this spiraling into something that has anything to do with the BRoom.

About planking. Pika obviously has one of the best, if not the best, because of the ledgehop Upb stall.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
kuz you can have plenty of intelligent discussions but whats not really intelligent is this kind of "holier than thou" attitude basically, there is no need to have it

Also Samus is pretty good on the ledge but dont forget this is 64, gimping is not a huge achievement no matter the char

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
kuz you can have plenty of intelligent discussions but whats not really intelligent is this kind of "holier than thou" attitude basically, there is no need to have it

Also Samus is pretty good on the ledge but dont forget this is 64, gimping is not a huge achievement no matter the char
NO.

if you know what you are talking about, you have the right to speak in a 'holier than thou' fashion. just as long as you state why and not just say "it's because i'm smarter then you derp"

sure, gimping someone with a dair isn't much of an achievement, but it's how you gimp that is.

i've seen some really cool gimps with just one move.

also, it's cool if you combo gimp them too.

TheStarKing said:
People not being knowledgeable isn't a problem, unless they try to act like they are.
stop.
this too.

i hate people like that, they show how ignorant they are thinking that every other opnion is just bias or theoritical.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
...Or maybe they honestly believe they are right and its still not needed to respond in such fashion. But OH WELL nevermind, where was the on-topic?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Dude I don't know.

Imagine you're a top player and want to state your opinion in a debate about something in the game. You have huge knowledge in what you're about to contribute in and a lot of experience in the matter at hand, and then some absolutely random little Ness main comes up and tells you "are you sure?." simply to disagree with you because he feels butthurt that Ness' recovery is weaker than Justin Bieber's songs. It's pretty frustrating and irritating, to be honest. High level players of course are not always right but having low level players come and question their experience without even giving arguments of their own is absolutely ********.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
The next time you EVER tell someone that they do not know what they are talking about, I am going to pop out of the nearest shrub or garbage can and say "holier than thou."

Never condescend ever again, nix. Its not that hard, right?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
It's pretty frustrating and irritating, to be honest. High level players of course are not always right but having low level players come and question their experience without even giving arguments of their own is absolutely ********.
lol yes like "omfg how dare you to question my stuff, how dare you to disagree omg omg RAGE!"

chill out, relax, dont take everything so seriously, talk peacefully :awesome:

btw does any move like DK's nair exist in th way that if you do a nair out of shield when on a ledge you die?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I dunno, but when I'm trying to shield grab as Falcon near a ledge and get pushed over, I do a Nair, and die a pathetic death.
You can do that with anyone. It's a common error. =D

Just avoid trying to shieldgrab when you're close to the edge. Just let yourself drop to the edge and consider your options from there.

Top Bottom