• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celebrity Rehab Mafia: Day 5 Begins! Deadline is Monday, May 28th at 11:59 PM EST!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
L-2 is exactly where he should be in terms of buffer to answer your question so my vote stays. However, RR, why are you curious about X1 answering ya over Rajam? What exactly is your thought process?

X1-12

Smash Champion
ok guys, I'm incredibly behind in the game; I was in page 11 around post 400 when I skimmed X1 claiming cop. I've given a lot of thought to it, and this is my decision:

I counterclaim X1-12

Well that's it. X1 is scum. Decided to cclaim

Ok Not gonna lie this is quite evidently bull****. Rajam had to think before claiming counterclaiming? Its pretty clear this is a fake CC by Rajam, What other reason does he have to think about it? Seriously why are people buying this ****.

Unvote
Vote: Rajam

lolololol

Vote: X1
lololol? What the actual ****

X1-12

Smash Champion
and ffs I get town/not town. Going to bed now and hope you've all pulled your heads out off your ***** about this by the morning

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Ok. Good stuff Rajam. I believe you, simply because I feel X1 didn't really try to defend himself and I don't think his play lines up with that of a pr/cop.

I also feel that at least one of rr/marshy/macman can be scum trying to get a CC d1, since they were on X1's wagon for very crap reasoning.

Vote: X1
this is the dumbest ****

we wagoned and sacrificed our own potential scummate so that we could find out who the cop was. That's mad smart. Knowing who the cop is, is definitely worth killing one of our own.

anyways, oh **** so i was right about inferno, i'll revote after i read the rest of this ****

os is still scummy btw

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh gawd, what is wrong with people, marshy and I are scummy for being on scum's wagon???? Marshy wanted to hammer without a claim... So its not like he was tryna out the real cop. even if he was thats the dumbest **** ever to give up your own to get a cop cc.

someone explain to me why being on the x1 wagon is scummy when x1 is scum? thats saying you know for sure that we were tryna throw x1 under the bus from the very get go...

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
note that thinking that me, marshy or rr is scummy because we were early on x1s wagon is saying that you think that we aimed to bus our scum partner from the very start of the game. Is that what you guys think? just wanna make sure....

anyways, since most of you guys are coming out of the wood work, what do you guys think of my/ff case against OS? specifically RR, Pink Lemonade, and orbo? (specifically post 880, the second half of post 906 and post 913)

orbo, can you not be non existent?

darkhorse can you explain why you said OS's plan would prove x1 was scum/town? Explain how his plan made sense

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
this is the dumbest ****

we wagoned and sacrificed our own potential scummate so that we could find out who the cop was. That's mad smart. Knowing who the cop is, is definitely worth killing one of our own.

anyways, oh **** so i was right about inferno, i'll revote after i read the rest of this ****

os is still scummy btw
Bolded, yes. Why are you using wifom to defend yourself here?

Why don't you just vote X1? He'll be at L-2.

oh gawd, what is wrong with people, marshy and I are scummy for being on scum's wagon???? Marshy wanted to hammer without a claim... So its not like he was tryna out the real cop. even if he was thats the dumbest **** ever to give up your own to get a cop cc.

someone explain to me why being on the x1 wagon is scummy when x1 is scum? thats saying you know for sure that we were tryna throw x1 under the bus from the very get go...
Cool, misconstruing the reason for your scumminess. (Underlined)

You, Marshy, and RR are scummy for being on the wagon for little to no reasoning. It was a slight suspicion, and would only be looked into further upon X1's flip. Again with the "That's too dumb for scum to do"... I don't like your reaction, Macman.

Why did you say "Me and Marshy" and not RR? He was included in that too you know.

Bolded, this seems like omgus because of the slight suspicion on you. Don't like you trying to turn it around like that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
OS is deffo more scummy if X1 flips scum because his entire "Cop should NOT CC." looks like a way to try and protect X1 for a little while.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer

OMG this X1000

Marshy ESPECIALLY get pro-town points if X1 flips scum because he ****ing WANTED TO LYNCH X1 WITHOUT EVEN WAITING FOR A CC.

If Marshy was scum, the ENTIRE POINT OF X1 CLAIMING COP WAS PROBABLY TO DRAW OUT OUR REAL COP. Marshy as scum would absolutely be arguing a pro-CC stance. He didn't. He said to hell with it and wanted to just hammer X1 anyway. Marshy will probably be my strongest town read if X1 flips scum.

Yeah anyone who thinks Marshy is X1's mate if X1 is scum is literally fullretard.jpg

I'm in favor of lynching X1 over Rajam but we can wait to see about this whole "what results do you get" business first.

@ Rajam, you SERIOUSLY need to not skim those walls. All of that analysis applies DIRECTLY TO YOU IF YOU ARE THE COP. Like for real. I don't give a **** if you don't like walls. I don't give a **** if you think I'm scummy (even though you shouldn't since I've been pro-X1 lynch since like forever until he claimed, and I was the largest proponent of cop CCing him), you NEED to not skim that stuff. It's really ****ing important. Like seriously if there is anything for you NOT to skim, it's me and OS going at it. Carry your ****ing weight.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
FF, would you be up for lynching OS tomorrow? Or would you rather Kanty? Your vote seemed more like a "in-the moment" vote instead of a vote that you had been calculating for a long time (i.e. your Kanty vote).

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you're completely right that its wifom, pink lemonade. We might have been willing to bus x1 from the get go in a gambit.

but you said that we were tryna get the cop to cc. Thats what I was saying was the dumbest **** (reason) ever. Because you'd be saying that wed wanna risk our potental scummate in order to accomplish that. Which just doesn't make sense.

Thinking that its scummy to be on a wagon for little reason is valid for sure. (I think I had good reasons tho)

what opinion do you want me to give on rajam ccing? I already said I was right about inferno-scum and that i'd revote. So yea... dunno what you're asking there. I didn't vote initially btw cuz I hadn't read all the posts yet(I had to point out how I felt about the macman/marshy suspicion) so I didn't want to potentially hammer before I saw the rest of the posts. Why did you ask this anyways? Do you think I didn't want to vote x1? Are you trying to persuade me to vote him for some reason?

agreed with ff on rajam not skipping the walls. At the very least read OS's 'plan' post.

J you were gonna get back to me on my post about OS right? or was you most recent post about him getting back to me? If so can you comment directly on thoughts on OS. Do you agree/disagree with my reasoning?

Rajam

Smash Champion

Ok Not gonna lie this is quite evidently bull****. Rajam had to think before claiming counterclaiming? Its pretty clear this is a fake CC by Rajam, What other reason does he have to think about it? Seriously why are people buying this ****.

Unvote
Vote: Rajam

lololol? What the actual ****

What, do you want me to blindly go and as soon as I see someone claim cop I should be like "oh lololol I am the cop let's cclaim!"?? When I saw you claim cop I wasn't even sure in hammering since that most likely would out me as the cop; anyways, you weren't L-1 any longer. Also I was thinking in the pros and cons of cclaiming, and how I should act in the case I wasn't cclaiming, since probably even if I survive toDay I'm gonna get r'blocked (among other possibilities) forever and that's an obv con along with the possibility of getting lynched toDay

and ffs I get town/not town. Going to bed now and hope you've all pulled your heads out off your ***** about this by the morning
I get mafia - not mafia. My original role didn't even said how my results were presented; I asked a couple of days ago and I also received my role name (Britney Spears) along with the response

Anyways, how's not cclaiming asap scummy when it comes to cclaim a "scummy" cop D1?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Bolded, this seems like omgus because of the slight suspicion on you. Don't like you trying to turn it around like that.
you're completely misinterpreting the bolded. I wasn't shedding suspicion on anyone I was just expressing-

actually, I did say "know for sure" so I can understand the misinterpretation.

...carry on

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J you were gonna get back to me on my post about OS right? or was you most recent post about him getting back to me? If so can you comment directly on thoughts on OS. Do you agree/disagree with my reasoning?
Oh wow! I apologize for forgetting about this. Let me go do that now. Sorry Macman. ^^"

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
OMG this X1000

Marshy ESPECIALLY get pro-town points if X1 flips scum because he ****ing WANTED TO LYNCH X1 WITHOUT EVEN WAITING FOR A CC.

If Marshy was scum, the ENTIRE POINT OF X1 CLAIMING COP WAS PROBABLY TO DRAW OUT OUR REAL COP. Marshy as scum would absolutely be arguing a pro-CC stance. He didn't. He said to hell with it and wanted to just hammer X1 anyway. Marshy will probably be my strongest town read if X1 flips scum.

Yeah anyone who thinks Marshy is X1's mate if X1 is scum is literally fullretard.jpg

I'm in favor of lynching X1 over Rajam but we can wait to see about this whole "what results do you get" business first.

@ Rajam, you SERIOUSLY need to not skim those walls. All of that analysis applies DIRECTLY TO YOU IF YOU ARE THE COP. Like for real. I don't give a **** if you don't like walls. I don't give a **** if you think I'm scummy (even though you shouldn't since I've been pro-X1 lynch since like forever until he claimed, and I was the largest proponent of cop CCing him), you NEED to not skim that stuff. It's really ****ing important. Like seriously if there is anything for you NOT to skim, it's me and OS going at it. Carry your ****ing weight.
No he doesn't. He left his options open saying that he was fine with everyone else's decision. OH HEY. Did he stay on X1? No, he hopped on Vynil after words. Thoughts on that?

Bolded, that is my point. And guess what, they to cop to CC.

Underlined, why are you giving Marshy an excuse and saying what he "would do" ? This doesn't convince me that Marshy didn't have scummy intentions of leaving those back doors open.

Italized, I feel you are trying to mudsling people who are suspecting RR/Macman/Marshy and I don't like that. Jeesh.

Basically they had little to no reason of suspecting X1, so X1 flipping scum would be a "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE" thing. Like, how could they all have caught scum so easily? Reeks of inside information and I don't see how you aren't looking at it from both sides.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
for me, it's not just about the cop. I think OS's plan makes him scummy which is why he needs to explain his faulty reasoning. Not just because the plan is ****ty though. I'll give a condensed version of what I was getting at below:

I think it's scummy primarily because he chose himself as a target. If he knew he was town, this wouldn't make sense because him being a target would mean he got his own town investigation. This gives town less info, and gives him less info. It's scummy because the reason he would do this is to make himself appear town because he's willing to get investigated. He comes to the false conclusion that the only reason it would make sense to choose himself was if he was a GF or if he was town. This is wrong because if he was scum and his plan was followed he'd only have a 50% chance of getting investigated. BUt he also knows that it's even more likely that town won't agree to his plan, so his risk of him actually getting investigated is much lower. Si instead the plan is just a way for him to create the false feeling in town tht he's town. He wants to appear town more than he wants to help town. -- I know he's pulled this **** before too and when I reread i'll point it out (so that might never happen lawl)

I think it's scummy because he wants a potential real cop and fakecop-x1 to investigate the same people. This is scummy because it doesn't make any sense and it's scummy because it's completely limiting the power of the two cops. And ofc this is only in scum favor.

I'm not even getting into the fact that he's tryna direct cops investigation and doesn't leave it up to a vote.

Feel me?

Do you think this makes OS scummy?

The only way OS doesn't feel scummy to me, is if I can believe that he was truly ignorant to the faultiness of his ****ty plan and really thought it was good. The thing is that he's smart so it's unlikely that this is the case.
Thank you for condensing your side to things, however, can I ask you to isolate the bolded in this quote because I honestly thought he was talking about he gets to choose the targets of the investigation. I did not get that he wanted himself to be a pick for investigation which does not make sense. For your first sentence, I can't honestly say I find that scummy w.r.t. OS in particular because I have seen him do that as either alignment soooo I take it more as a null tell than anything. I do, however, find scummy his action of trying to hide a CC rather than have the cop CC because, for me, it looks like he was trying to make it so he could save X1 in an elaborate plan and also make things easier on his team. So I get your opinion on the nature of things but I need to see things in more detail before I have a concrete opinion on what exactly you are getting at. With OS' past walls in the later half of the game, he is looking worse for me. I also remember Zenny leaving me a note through one of his posts that OS was scum and that we would push him later. (i.e. another Day phase) when the tides were heading his way and I do see why however I kindof ignored that post till now. (if you are curious it was the post where he said OS had moved downward to town-null instead of town *was a baiting scheme to see what OS would do*. I do need to re-read this game with specific people in mind sooner rather than later but I will get to that in due time.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
you're completely right that its wifom, pink lemonade. We might have been willing to bus x1 from the get go in a gambit.

but you said that we were tryna get the cop to cc. Thats what I was saying was the dumbest **** (reason) ever. Because you'd be saying that wed wanna risk our potental scummate in order to accomplish that. Which just doesn't make sense.

Thinking that its scummy to be on a wagon for little reason is valid for sure. (I think I had good reasons tho)

what opinion do you want me to give on rajam ccing? I already said I was right about inferno-scum and that i'd revote. So yea... dunno what you're asking there. I didn't vote initially btw cuz I hadn't read all the posts yet(I had to point out how I felt about the macman/marshy suspicion) so I didn't want to potentially hammer before I saw the rest of the posts. Why did you ask this anyways? Do you think I didn't want to vote x1? Are you trying to persuade me to vote him for some reason?

agreed with ff on rajam not skipping the walls. At the very least read OS's 'plan' post.

I don't really understand why it would make sense in the first place. But can you tell me why it wouldn't make sense?

Yes, like I explained to FF, I feel like it's too good to be true that you guys would have caught X1 scum with such little reasoning, and so damn early in the game. Also consider you guys have sat there doing little else than that. And it is suspicious to me still when X1 didn't even bother to defend himself or even reflect attention back to you.

Yes I thought you were trying to leave an open door so if possible you could vote Rajam if you thought Rajam might have been scummier. You never stated that you wanted to avoid a hammer so I don't see why you say this now.

you're completely misinterpreting the bolded. I wasn't shedding suspicion on anyone I was just expressing-

actually, I did say "know for sure" so I can understand the misinterpretation.

...carry on
Underlined, what exactly were you expressing?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
X1 gets, Town/not Town.

Rajam gets, Scum/Not Scum.

Yup this is TvS for sure, unless Gorf purposely put those in to screw with us. Otherwise I am assuming consistent results for multiple cops.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
macman in regards to your theory on OS.

I thought OS was actually the cop, but only after noticing him voting me. See, I thought "Wait does OS think I'm cop???" "WAIT DOES OS WANT PPL TO THINK IM COP WHEN HE IS REALLY COP?!?!?!" I felt him going into numbers would probably be something OS would try to do.

I thought his vote on me was weird. See how he didn't really follow up on his vote on me. I also felt he tried to paint himself as scummy to avoid a nk.

I felt like he voted me for a suspicion at first, but it seemed more like he was trying to prod at me to actually decide in his favor. (Him wanting to keep x1 alive so he could cross examine and find info etc etc)

Now that Rajam has claimed I don't really understand what his intentions were. His buddying statement to me was weird too, but I guess he felt I was putting words in his mouth somehow when I was just expressing my thoughts when it was related to that some how.

Macman, you said he has tried something like this before, correct? Can you go into that?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I don't really understand why it would make sense in the first place. But can you tell me why it wouldn't make sense?
You're saying that you dont know why it would make sense but you still want me to explain why it doesn't make sense? huh? anyways, it's easy. sacrificing your scum partner in exchange for a cop cc is nonsensical. (especially since you can't guarantee that you could effectively neuter the cop due to the potential of doc/watcher)

It does however make sense if we were trying pull off a gambit and throw x1 under the bus. This however wasn't the reason I saw given, (the reason that was given was the above which didn't make sense which is why I responded the way I did)

Yes, like I explained to FF, I feel like it's too good to be true that you guys would have caught X1 scum with such little reasoning, and so damn early in the game. Also consider you guys have sat there doing little else than that. And it is suspicious to me still when X1 didn't even bother to defend himself or even reflect attention back to you.
Too good to be true is ****ty reasoning and is just WIFOM.

Yes I thought you were trying to leave an open door so if possible you could vote Rajam if you thought Rajam might have been scummier. You never stated that you wanted to avoid a hammer so I don't see why you say this now.
You don't see why I explain my reason now? you asked me too. wtf...

and what? why would I (or anyone) have given the reason before? Why would I need to express to town that I don't wanna potentially hammer x1 right away? You think after potentially bussing x1 all day that I'd be hesitant to hammer after scum-me got what I wanted (a cop cc)? Thinking this is inconsistent with your original reason for me being scummy.

Why would it matter if I didn't vote x1? If I did decide to vote rajam I'd be held accountable for it, why are you trying to paint me scummy for something that didn't even occur yet? I even said I was gonna vote him and expressed my satisfaction about being right about his alignment

none of this makes sense

Underlined, what exactly were you expressing?
I was saying that in order for you to say thats scummy youd have to think that I was attempting to bus x1 from the beginning. (I should have said think instead of know for sure. but it wasn't an implication of scum for everyone who thought i was scummy)

your recent post however does make me think you're either dumb or scum... jussayin

word thanks J, noted that you think the OS self implication thing is a null tell.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
PL, why would you think OS could think that you are cop?

Nothing you have been saying now has been making sense.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wat.

X1-12 said:
town/not town.
Rajam said:
mafia - not mafia
-_^

I'll have to get to this tomorrow, just got back from the hospital.

J, if you think X1-12 flipping scum makes me more scummy, that's silly.

There's no reason for X1-12 to be mafia, claim cop (with obviously no cop safe claim), and have his scummate attempt to defend him. That'd be lining us both up for a lynch.

My gut says this is going to be a sane/insane cop combo, but my brain says X1-12 or Rajam needs to be lynched, more than likely X1-12.

X1-12 claiming at L-1 as mafia in the situation he was in is unlikely, but the possibility that he panicked was still there. Rajam's claim was manufactured regardless of alignment and put forth without duress; because of this, he would have to be a scum player willingly outing himself on D1 in order to kill the true cop... but the cop is already out in the open. It is unlikely the scum would just out one of their own just to have a cop lynched when they could attempt a NKill. Even if they were worried about watchers or whatnot, they could have easily just had Rajam attempt the NKill and have the same risk/reward scenario. Logically speaking, X1-12 is the most likely mafia of the pair if either of them are.

The real question at this point is, should we lynch X1-12 and see the flip "X1-12, Town Insane Cop" or something similar, do we automatically assume Rajam is the flipside of that given the circumstances?

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
@Macman:

I was saying I wouldn't know why you would want to sit on X1 early on with such little reasoning. Therefore I wouldn't know why it wouldn't make sense. To me it just seems like lazyness and I don't see how it could be any other way.

Ah ok. I can see that.

Not if you have very little reasoning especially early on in the game. I feel that reeks of inside info again. So don't just try to excuse it as wifom reasoning.

You said that you wanted to avoid a hammer but you didn't say that initially. I meant you should have said that at first if you really wanted to avoid a hammer. You didn't even ask for a vote count.

I don't know why. You didn't give an opinion straight away and I felt you would have voted X1 if you were so gun ho on him in the first place. That's why I felt it was odd you had to go and re-read to vote him again.

Ok thank you for explaining.

Rajam

Smash Champion
X1 gets, Town/not Town.

Rajam gets, Scum/Not Scum.

Yup this is TvS for sure, unless Gorf purposely put those in to screw with us. Otherwise I am assuming consistent results for multiple cops.
Note also that I had to ask how I received the results since my original role PM never stated them

Kantrip

Kantplay
OS is deffo more scummy if X1 flips scum because his entire "Cop should NOT CC." looks like a way to try and protect X1 for a little while.
Way too surface level for OS defending X1. Really shallow.

Posts like this are still leaving a bad taste in my mouth, J.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Also, my bad: Checked again and my results are guilty - not guilty. Guilty is only for Mafia aligned so still I basically receive Mafia - Not Mafia.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No I definitely think if X1 gets lynched then OS is under a lot of suspicion, I'd be ok with him being vigged if we're being honest he's been of little to no help to town.

Marshy being pretty much confirmed town if X1 flips scum is ****ing baller.

Frozenflames reaction pretty much confirms him for town as well for me.

I love this game.

unvote

Vote and I believe DROP THE HAMMA DOWN on X-Scum

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
No I definitely think if X1 gets lynched then OS is under a lot of suspicion, I'd be ok with him being vigged if we're being honest he's been of little to no help to town.

Marshy being pretty much confirmed town if X1 flips scum is ****ing baller.

Frozenflames reaction pretty much confirms him for town as well for me.

I love this game.

unvote

Vote and I believe DROP THE HAMMA DOWN on X-Scum
Can I like just +1 your posts from now on? Its like my thought process and its just awesome to have someone thinking exactly what I want.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
If it isn't dropping the hammer, can someone please ****ing hammer and let's get this day over with.

If X1 flips scum we're looking at a scum pool of on my watch being

Rockin or Vinyl- both weaker players and both of them would have no idea what to do with their partner being under heavy suspicion so their entire play would be to lurk the rest of the day away like they are doing now. Vig fodder/weak end game players/ need to get out of this game

OS- I've already stated why but I think his entire play during this mafia game so far has been to sow confusion while still making no solid reads, he's argued a lot of mafia theory but has not made a lot of hard reads on players, seriously folks if you can name me 3 SOLID and not passing reads he's made on players then I will abate this point but as of right now all I've seen OS do is debate the counter claim, debate whether i've played mafia correctly or not and now debated the merit of Rajam's CC. I'm willing to not play the gambit game of "I WOULDN'T BE SO OPEN ABOUT HELPING HIM IF I WERE SCUM" WIFOM game because it's not worth my time.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@J hell yea baby I came to play this game, I got Mac/Marshy/FF in this game it's time to win it hard and win it big.

Seriously

OS
Rockin/Vinyl (I don't think it's possible that they would both flip scum but I do think a mafia member resides in this)

Rajam as a town cop claim makes sense to me btw because no offense to you Rajam but I consider him a weaker player and with a more important role (such as the cop) I can see him opting out of a lot of discussions, hell his entire game this whole time has screamed Scum/Weak Power Role but I wasn't about to play out the PRs on D1 where as X1 has screamed "I'm going to try and make reaching cases to get out of the spotlight"

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yeah we need one more vote to hammer X1. Macman never re-voted.

Vinyl>Rockin in terms of mafia members likelyhood of flipping IMO.

I'm very happy someone like Rajam claimed cop because he's haaaard for me to read sometimes.

Top Bottom