• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celebrity Rehab Mafia: Day 5 Begins! Deadline is Monday, May 28th at 11:59 PM EST!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Please PLEASE don't make us just lynch you today. I mean come on.

This question?

This isn't even close to a good question.

Let me rephrase it for you:

"Why didn't you target the player that CC'd cop that resulted in a mafia player being lynched"

We didn't know there were two mafia groups then, and we sure as hell didn't know about the possibility of two mafia cops. Using it on Rajam would have probably been the single biggest waste out there.

I agree that Rockin's NA route seems scummy, and I agree that his choices bring questions. But if you're actually wondering about his role viability, he's prooooobably not lying. All it'd take to see if he was would be to say "scan this guy" and have both claim tomorrow. Worst case scenario is that mafia kills that guy, in which case we continue to direct Rockin and, possibly, the mafia NKill. Which would be fine by me.

Possibly willing to switch to Vand today.
Because he flipped Mafia Cop. In a game this big there is value in confirming claims. Two Cops in a game isn't normal, heck three cops including Rockin's flavour cop is something I've never seen before. If I was in Rockin's position I'd for sure check to see that Rajam was legit. Confirming the legitness of a Cop, potentially learning of his sanity, with even a small chance of catching a scum gambit outweighs one extra investigation. Rockin even says that he thinks he might of got a clue towards Rajam's sanity.

"I'm unsure if my result would really show whether he's sane or naive, but I thought it'd be worth a try (cause it'd rest the minds off people who were iffy about his santity)."

Of course he wouldn't know unless he actually tried it, but why the **** is that not a good reason to check Rajam? From his results it looks like he considered it for Night 2, which is odd because he should of been thinking about it for a Night 1 investigation.

Why is it fine to you? Why is it much more fine than a stronger scum-read who you believe is lying about his claim because it's full of ****?
Rockin's done just about nothing this entire game. PL claimed Nurse, I'm fine with taking care of that another day, or in the event that PL is a nurse, scum will likely take care of him. Do you see scum leaving a claimed Doctor alive? I don't understand why you're goading me for backing off the lynch of a claimed protective role, when there is a clear and obvious benefit to Town by keeping them alive for now (i.e. keeping Rajam alive or a successful protect).

If PL's scum like I think he is, it's not as if the worlds going to end if we don't lynch them toDay. Rockin's claim has only reinforced this.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuull! >=[ This is such a cop out answer of "it was for pressure" when you know as well as I do OS doesn't care at all for votes on him and especially more so with the way he has been acting this entire game with his aloof nature. Why would you care if Macman would have hammered? It would have been entirely null.
Bull **** that OS doesn't care about votes on him. He cares about winning as much as anyone else, and if you tell him he's going to be lynched if he doesn't step up his act, he's going play to his win condition like anyone else. Don't give me **** about putting a completely null (and to others scummy) slot at L-1 when even you are saying that Rajam's sanity is likely naive. Call it a cop out answer all you want; OS is actually playing this game now and I don't see how me putting him at L-1 was a bad thing like you're making it out to be.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Because he flipped Mafia Cop. In a game this big there is value in confirming claims. Two Cops in a game isn't normal, heck three cops including Rockin's flavour cop is something I've never seen before. If I was in Rockin's position I'd for sure check to see that Rajam was legit. Confirming the legitness of a Cop, potentially learning of his sanity, with even a small chance of catching a scum gambit outweighs one extra investigation. Rockin even says that he thinks he might of got a clue towards Rajam's sanity.
Uh...huh.

So what you're saying is, if you had an ability that determined information about a player, and one of them CC'd a mafia claim and then we lynched the mafia member, you'd search the guy whose actions killed mafia instead of oh, say, anyone else?

That's your plan?

What EXACTLY are the odds that Rajam is lying about his role when you don't think there are two mafia alignments and you see a mafia cop flip. You think he lied specifically to get X1-12 lynched?

Hell, what are the odds that would be useful if it was confirmed there were two mafia groups at that point? What are you going to find? Rajam with a shiny badge or a baton or something? "Okay guys, we confirmed he's a cop"?

It doesn't tell us anything we don't know. There's no guarantee it'd tell us anything special or unknown, but doing the ability on anyone else would.

If you want to criticize Rockin's results, criticize how convenient they are and come up with a plan to unconveniencize them.

Bull **** that OS doesn't care about votes on him. He cares about winning as much as anyone else, and if you tell him he's going to be lynched if he doesn't step up his act, he's going play to his win condition like anyone else. Don't give me **** about putting a completely null (and to others scummy) slot at L-1 when even you are saying that Rajam's sanity is likely naive. Call it a cop out answer all you want; OS is actually playing this game now and I don't see how me putting him at L-1 was a bad thing like you're making it out to be.
I've been playing the game all along, I just didn't make it apparent until I got what I wanted. It's one thing to simply be transparent from day one and hope for the best, entirely another thing to completely take you off NKill radar, get yourself cop-confirmed cleared, AND put people in a position of amplified scrutiny until you finally get the result you are looking for: "I want you to vote for who you think is scummy"... all without lifting a finger.

Rajam was the first one to ask me to play the game when I put him in a position of power, and that's all I need. As far as I'm concerned, Rajam is confirmed town until Lylo-1.

Everything I do I do for a reason, and it's always like that.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I get what you're saying, I guess I just didn't think it through then. At the time of x1's flip, I was mind ****ed that he actually was a Cop. Two cops didn't occur to me and I just thought he'd been lying the whole time. In Rockin's position I probably still would of targeted Rajam.

I've been playing the game all along, I just didn't make it apparent until I got what I wanted. It's one thing to simply be transparent from day one and hope for the best, entirely another thing to completely take you off NKill radar, get yourself cop-confirmed cleared, AND put people in a position of amplified scrutiny until you finally get the result you are looking for: "I want you to vote for who you think is scummy"... all without lifting a finger.

Rajam was the first one to ask me to play the game when I put him in a position of power, and that's all I need. As far as I'm concerned, Rajam is confirmed town until Lylo-1.

Everything I do I do for a reason, and it's always like that.
I get that you want everyone to think you're a master planner, but you sound Ryker-esque in that you're willing to put your survival above the rest of the Town, despite claiming to be VT. Why so is survival a priority to you OS? Man you so reek of an indy.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
So there's less than 3 days to deadline. I'm pretty sure there's scum between Rockin/PL, if not both. I'm more sure on PL scum but on the chance that I've ****ed up and they actually are a Town Nurse there's no sense in doing scums job for them. So let's lynch Rockin toDay.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
What in the world is this suspicion? Jumped on mass-claim, I said it might be good. How does PL's nurse claim do anything with what I have said and neither with Rajam's claim. I was just listing what people had claimed in thread, not with what I actually believed. My not explaining my Rockin/Macman town-reads is not scummy and I don't get why you are getting in a big stink about it.
I agree.. wtf JD? You think he's scummy for his town reads? But you never go into why you think that.

Super Limited Access until Thursday night. Finishing my last finals/papers of undergrad
word! *finishing school brofist*

Rockin's claim smells like the ill bull****. All of his claims were by people who have already been outed. Why wouldn't he reveal all his results from the getgo? And flavor cop is such an easy role to claim. On the other hand, why claim the role to back up PL? Saaving PL from a lynch? maybe he thought it'd make him look good. hmmm idk, the claim is pretty null ish but **** bothers me.

Also rockin I've had strong reads all game and have been putting in work son. I'm not just 'there'... which is funny comin from you

PL can live. Still down for lynching OS and i'm ok with a Rockin lynch. i don't get the vandwagon... someone explain?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vanderzant's actions have been illogical given all the information present at the time, but logical when assuming increased access to information town would otherwise not have. This implies he has access to said information, which leads me to believe he would fit into a scum role.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree.. wtf JD? You think he's scummy for his town reads? But you never go into why you think that.
No, I found the reads strange and wanted to know why they were what they were. I thought it was scummy however that he was so reluctant to simply tell me the reasoning behind the reads since I couldn't see why they existed. Once again, the question to him wasn't supposed to be a big deal, just asking for his reasoning so I could gain perspective, but his complete reluctance to elaborate in any way made it seem the reads were hollow and he was covering up. I had to ask him five times and use a FoS just to get him to reply. That's the part that bugs me. There's a difference between not noticing a question, and actively refusing to answer and he was doing the latter.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm up for a Rockin lynch. I just can't shake how unlikely it is that every single flavor cop he got was a PR who already flipped/is unconfirmed.

Vote: Rockin

(Willing to swing vote to Vanderzant if the scenario arises, no longer willing to lynch PL since it would just be helping scum to use our lynch on him scum or town)

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Deadline set for 5/11 at 11:59 PM! With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch!

frozenflame751- (0)
KevinM- (1) Rajam
Rajam- (0)
Rockin- (4) KevinM, Overswarm, Vanderzant, Jdietz43
Macman- (0)
Pink Lemonade (Ranmaru/July hydra)- (1) Macman
Jdietz43- (0)
J- (0)
Vanderzant- (2) Pink Lemonade, J
Overswarm- (1) frozenflame751

Not Voting- (1) Rockin

Overswarm

is laughing at you
What is it with you guys and gambling?

Why would you not force Rockin to daycop someone of our choosing and simply contrast that information with what the other person reveals? The only way I can see that backfiring is Rockin lying (we lynch him then anyway) or Rockin claiming to have investigated his partner and his partner confirming (gives us two mafia), or him actually having the ability and being indie.

That's really it. Well, I guess he could investigate mafia and the mafia could lie to get rockin lynched, but then we'd just lynch that guy the next day and get a one for one special.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
unvote rockin then...

who do you want to lynch OS?

also J/OS point me to some posts(cases or scummy posts by vand) thatll make me wanna lynch vand. I don't remember most of vands actions, so I need more than just a generic statement about his play. i mean you dont have to and ill just stay on rockin/OS

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'll try and do something like that tomorrow. I am going to sleep now to get rest for my last AP exam tomorrow sooo I will so what I can conjure up.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Why didn't you target Rajam on N1?
As OS explained, it's silly to look at the person who CCed the Mafia. It'd just be a totall waste IM

Also, you didn't quite answer my question.

Vote: Vand

vanderzant;14435417 "I'm unsure if my result would really show whether he's sane or naive said:
not[/i] a good reason to check Rajam? From his results it looks like he considered it for Night 2, which is odd because he should of been thinking about it for a Night 1 investigation.
Let me try and explain something clear to you.

I am a FLAVOR cop. Flavor. This means that, instead of it fully telling me what their role fully is, I would only be hinted to what it is. Even if I decided to go to Rajam N2 or N3, I would be he hinted of his role. There is no telling if I'd also know his santity. I FIGURED I would, but I wouldn't know for sure, and with two factions, it's cruitial I make the best decisions I can make to benefit town. If you can't understand that then....*shrugs*

Rockin's claim smells like the ill bull****. All of his claims were by people who have already been outed. Why wouldn't he reveal all his results from the getgo? And flavor cop is such an easy role to claim. On the other hand, why claim the role to back up PL? Saaving PL from a lynch? maybe he thought it'd make him look good. hmmm idk, the claim is pretty null ish but **** bothers me.

[b[Also rockin I've had strong reads all game and have been putting in work son. I'm not just 'there'... which is funny comin from you[/b]
I don't think me saying it at the beginning of D4 would make any much difference at all. Again, I felt crumming my findings on each person in hopes for people. I care little if it made me 'look good' or not, but I saw some doubt on people and merely wanted to back up her claim seeing as how I'd hate for us to lose the nurse.

D1 you had good reads, but from D2 to D3, you barely spoke of what's going on. Maybe one-two posts came from you on those two Days and nothing more, which is why I considered you a 'presence.' Granted, I may have not done much better, but I've been trying.

I'm up for a Rockin lynch. I just can't shake how unlikely it is that every single flavor cop he got was a PR who already flipped/is unconfirmed.

(Willing to swing vote to Vanderzant if the scenario arises, no longer willing to lynch PL since it would just be helping scum to use our lynch on him scum or town)
Would it be any better if I claimed 3 Vanilla townies?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
after reading the first sentence of rockins post: Vand, that question was bad, and you should feel bad.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Van dies today
Rockin should investigate me tonight since I'm obv town and we'll see who's lying.

thats how it should go IMO

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You or macman.

Either or, no one gets to choose for 'em. Best part is, if one of you dies and he says "I hit that one!" then we lynch Rockin, so we get a 50/50 chance of lynching Rockin no matter what the next day AND we get to have mafia kill either you or macman instead of someone useful!

Rajam

Smash Champion
Why are we lynching the obv blue scum ¿? We need to lynch Pink mafia toDay... vanderzant can live until we get a pink down

Rockin tracks Macman, KevM dies toDay, or vice versa; I don't really care

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
When was the last time you saw me scum?

You make it seem like it's recent. >_>
Is this your question? I don't remember the last time I saw you play Mafia at all. My meta on you is non existant.

This, however is irrelevant to what I was saying there. If you're scum, you wouldn't clear PL if he was Town or at least not your scum buddy because it doesn't help you at all. That's just ******** play.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'd rather remove one of the killing factions. It's better to lynch a blue mafia than pink anyway, but that isn't guaranteed in any sense.

Rajam

Smash Champion
I see the potential cross-fire, and eventual indies + pink mafia having chances to die during Night (higher chance for indies with 2 nkills), plus the removal of distancing tactics for the future + the wifom of which mafia faction will have to nkill PL (and then me) as a greater benefit than removing one nkill right now

frozenflame751: town or indy
J: town, then pink mafia
Jdietz: ??? town? or pink mafia
KevinM: pink mafia, then town, then blue
Macman: pink mafia, then town
Overswarm: town or indy
Pink Lemonade: town
Rockin: town
vanderzant: blue mafia, then town

Pink and Rockin are horrible options to lynch toDay. vander is scum but I'd rather keep him alive a while to mess with pink mafia. So, we have to lynch KevinM or Macman toDay

Rajam

Smash Champion
Reading at the very end of D1 I found I don't like J that much anymore:

OS is deffo more scummy if X1 flips scum because his entire "Cop should NOT CC." looks like a way to try and protect X1 for a little while.
This is silly. At that point (X1 still not flipping, but basically pseudo-confirmed mafia due to my cclaim), one could've wondered that X1 claimed cop to out the real cop, and hence could've argued that frozen was more scummy with a X1 scum-flip because frozen wanted a cop to cclaim and that's what scum wanted in the first place when X1 claimed cop: out the real cop. Basically getting reads through the postures in the cclaim debate is quite impossible because both postures (want a cclaim now D1, don't want a cclaim until later) obey both scum and town motivations more or less equally. So, in the end it's null. From all the possible reasons to attack OS, this is quite bad imo. Real scumness:

- OS leaving holes / flaws open in his plan presentation, like on purpose so someone else attacked those and hence waste time in pointless mafia-theory discussion which don't help that much at scumhunting. I want to add that I'm not attacking OS' idea here, but mostly the presentation of it. Both cclaiming "asap" and waiting to cclaim have benefits and drawbacks, but I don't like how OS left the drawbacks of his plan like obviously "open" with the purpose to continue with the mafia-theory debate.
- OS not doing anything D1 and appearing only after X1 claimed cop to waste a bunch of time discussing mafia theory whether a cop should cclaim or not. Does someone even remember who OS wanted dead D1, and the reasons given??

FF, would you be up for lynching OS tomorrow? Or would you rather Kanty? Your vote seemed more like a "in-the moment" vote instead of a vote that you had been calculating for a long time (i.e. your Kanty vote).
I also don't like this. I read it as an attempt to "lock" a player into a posture for the next Day, but in a "bad" (scummy) way due to how early this question was after the cclaim, and mostly because X1 still hadn't officialy flipped and hence his role / ability could've given more info to take a wiser call

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Where have you gone haha? It seems after your claim you poofed away from us.

Gimme thoughts Mr. Nurse.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Yeah i dunno guess I didn't have as much motivation after claiming.

Thoughts are still

Vandy > Macman > KevinM.

What do you think of Rajam's choice of lynching pink first then blue?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Would it be any better if I claimed 3 Vanilla townies?
It'd be more believable for sure. You had info on three people that the entire town already knew the claims of, that's not very credible a claim if anyone could have asked me the same question and I could have given the answer.

JD what is your opinion on Vandy exactly?
I can see where he's coming from for some of his logic, but I don't think he's thinking things through and is instead pushing as hard and as fast as he can at whoever seems convenient. I personally think he's the last blue assuming they had another member (I would think so since Pink had a Cop and they didn't flip one). The things he said shouldn't be entirely discounted though since I think you could still well be a Pink as he suggests.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yep. He's choice #2 for sorting this out.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Deadline set for 5/11 at 11:59 PM! With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch!

frozenflame751- (0)
KevinM- (1) Rajam
Rajam- (0)
Rockin- (3) Overswarm, Vanderzant, Jdietz43
Macman- (0)
Pink Lemonade (Ranmaru/July hydra)- (1) Macman
Jdietz43- (0)
J- (0)
Vanderzant- (4) Pink Lemonade, J, Rockin, KevinM
Overswarm- (1) frozenflame751

Not Voting- (0)

Top Bottom