• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Hitboxes - HARDCORE DOTS EDITION

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
could you by any chance just change the shine one to a picture? it's only a one frame move (right?) so it would kinda make more sense.

Also, I reckon link's bombs would be pretty interesting.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Ok I didn't realize how bandwidth intensive the animated GIF's were, so I'm just gonna turn all the images into links. However, depending on the type of move, I might also include the still image in the thread itself (for moves like Shine and Sleep).

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Hmm there is a few other moves i forgot about.

Fox's down air and up air

and Luigi's Up b.

teganyavo

Smash Rookie
^ oooh good thinking, yeah. Comp photos of falcons tilted/untilted fsmash or fox's tilt would be neat

rpotts

Smash Lord
I didn't know yoshis head was invincible before the hitbox came out during usmash. Falcons dair hitbox retracts him under his feet towards the end, explaining those times when you get spiked by another falcon below you, while you're both dairing.

craiigg

Smash Lord
wow fire good****, i've been wanting this for a long time

can i request fox's jab, yoshi's nair and either dk's utilt or up-B? =)

rpotts

Smash Lord
does the "hitbox cheat" show grabboxes? If so, i'd be interested in, well pretty much all of them, pika, falcon, dk, samus.

malva00

Smash Master
fox after getting thrown by KIRB

seems like that hitbox gets smaller and smaller as you fly through the air

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
As soon as I fix an issue that windows 7 seems to have with LAN cards, I'll begin uploading animated GIF's again. For some reason uploading animated GIF's to a website seems to crash my internet just for my computer (not the other computers on the network).

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
As soon as I fix an issue that windows 7 seems to have with LAN cards, I'll begin uploading animated GIF's again. For some reason uploading animated GIF's to a website seems to crash my internet just for my computer (not the other computers on the network).

Virus? But, i'm guessing you're not stupid enough to get viruses so maybe its your internet connection to your computer its self. My laptop disconnects from my Wireless internet sometimes when I load full flash games on my internet webrowser for about a hour even though my router is only about 6 yards away.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Virus? But, i'm guessing you're not stupid enough to get viruses so maybe its your internet connection to your computer its self. My laptop disconnects from my Wireless internet sometimes when I load full flash games on my internet webrowser for about a hour even though my router is only about 6 yards away.
I used a wired connection. And when I upload heavy amounts of files, my network card dies and I KNOW this because I can't even access my router through a local ip. Only way my internet gets fixed after that is by restarting my computer.

Imainlowtier

Smash Cadet
Well, thanks for the ups so far. They are good to look at and trying to understand why moves seem so weird and new chances to use certain moves.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
I used a wired connection. And when I upload heavy amounts of files, my network card dies and I KNOW this because I can't even access my router through a local ip. Only way my internet gets fixed after that is by restarting my computer.
Does ipconfig /renew work instead of restarting your computer by any chance?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
This is so weird. Lazy network card gets tired lol. Try disabling/enabling it on the PC administrator to see if it works, or ultimately buy a newer/better one

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
LOL. Samus's Screw attack and Kirby's up + B hitboxes resemble the first 3 hits of Snake's Nair and MK's well.... a lot of attacks.

Why does Pika fair cover his whole body and more?

Wow, some of these hitboxes are bigger than Snake's utilt.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
LOL. Samus's Screw attack and Kirby's up + B hitboxes resemble the first 3 hits of Snake's Nair and MK's well.... a lot of attacks.

Why does Pika fair cover his whole body and more?

Wow, some of these hitboxes are bigger than Snake's utilt.
But Samus's up b has much less range than Snake's N-air (and is more diffcult to DI out of/punish

The only move that uncannily reminds me of Snake's up tilt is Kirby's up tilt, just a quicker less powerful more comboable version (as if Snake took a move out of MK's arsenal).

Also, make sure you know that the orange area is just tht character. It is the red that is the hitbox

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I've fixed my internet issues (I think). I began converting all the still pics into GIF's and for future use will organize everything into the first post.

Added Kirby's Up B and Samus's Up B (animated).

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
So when Samus is doing her Up B it's best to hit her on the side, right? That's interesting to know. Thanks for the uploads.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero

I am always like WTF WHY when i see someone get clipped with the yellow area i highlighted...you can actually pick people up from their recovery with this more then people think...it does send them upwards though so make sure they will die from impact xD

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Converted some pics, will convert more tomorrow.

If any of these pics are really big in size and is hard to dl or takes a while, tell me and I'll try to optimize it to make it smaller. I can't really compress the file size since my program will not let me do much with animated GIF's, but I can re-record the hitboxes in a smaller picture and cut out the non-hitbox parts of the animation to make the file smaller. Yoshi's Up B is currently the worst offender for this and I will definitely fix it.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Finished converting all the stray pictures into animations and placed everything into the first post. Will organize the moves within each character when the time comes.

At the special request of a pm from dandan, I will do all of pikachu's moves first and then do the other requests from this thread.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Hate to semi double post but can a mod delete the quote on the second post with the two ridiculous huge pictures? They look like a big obstruction and just get in the way.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
could I see some of Yoshi's attack boxs on his tilts.....?

Also...... during Yoshi's F-Smash..... how far back does his hit box move before the attack? I like to pivot smash with yoshi just for the lolz..... but hey, knowing the technical side can only make me happier.

Plz and thank you. =) =) =)

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Someone should make a TAS showing off some of the lesser known stuff on here. For example, it would be pretty ****** to see DK absorb hits with his down B invincibility.

dandan

Smash Lord
thank you very much fire, i intend to start writing the guide this weekend, unless something unexpected happen, and this will help me so much.
much appreciated.

Top Bottom