• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Hitboxes - HARDCORE DOTS EDITION

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
requesting mario's uair hitbox.

also, is there a hitbox on samus' bomb? (i request this also)

along with other projectiles and or specials.
edit: most likely, but it'd still be neat to see.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
Could I plz see Yoshi's U-air, f-air, B-air and n-air. =). I would like to see all of yoshi's air game basically.

And if its possible I would like to see the diff between him starting the attack from a 2nd jump so that I can see when his armor frames stop during the attack. plz and thank you.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Can we just get Yoshi's double jump, too? I'm curious as to how long the armor frames last.

Also, I've seen a few videos of Yoshi surviving what should be deadly Falcon Punches with a double jump, yet there is still knockback. What gives?

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I figured as much, although there seems to be a threshold where if the attack is powerful enough, like Falcon Punch or Donkey Punch, then there is significant knockback. I don't normally see knockback as large as this with any other move, even smashes. For example (same match), Falcon's Bair here barely makes Yoshi quiver, at a higher percentage than the Falcon Punch.

Then again, I don't usually play as Yoshi or against Yoshi, so I might just not be seeing enough cases with knockback.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
If that happens chances are the Yoshi tried to attack. Any attack will instantly cause you to lose the superarmour.

Would watch the video but my bandwidth died, so it's only hypothetical :\

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Haha, I went way over my bandwidth this week... :(

It's kind of comical, actually. My school's connection is so good, that when I forgot to throttle a torrent's upload speed, it ended up uploading over 30GB of data overnight...

I'm loving this dial-up speed now.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I figured as much, although there seems to be a threshold where if the attack is powerful enough, like Falcon Punch or Donkey Punch, then there is significant knockback. I don't normally see knockback as large as this with any other move, even smashes. For example (same match), Falcon's Bair here barely makes Yoshi quiver, at a higher percentage than the Falcon Punch.

Then again, I don't usually play as Yoshi or against Yoshi, so I might just not be seeing enough cases with knockback.
ive had a falcon punch hit me past like 90 percent and I DJCC'd it just fine. I accidentally DJCC'd a get up attack and I died at 0 (vs a mario)

It seems like it depends on what portion of the body the move hits.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Does it depend on what stage of the jump you're in? Will Yoshi be affected more at the beginning, end, or middle of his jump?

Perhaps something to test...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
There isn't any difference, as far as I've seen.

About a second into the fall, Yoshi loses the superarmour, which is why you shouldn't recover high in most cases.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Hmm, I don't know, recovering high can be ok. Makes it harder for them to grab you or hit you with a high damage ground move. Depends on how far into the stage you can get before the fall.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Haha, I went way over my bandwidth this week... :(

It's kind of comical, actually. My school's connection is so good, that when I forgot to throttle a torrent's upload speed, it ended up uploading over 30GB of data overnight...

I'm loving this dial-up speed now.
Wow limited bandwidth
that must SUCK HARD :(

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Granted, it's 16 GB a week, which is actually really hard to go over unless you're actually trying, so it's not all bad. I'm more than happy with it as long as I get my 100 Mb/s connection!

The only other times I've gone over have been when I forget to close uTorrent or something after returning from home, and accidentally download like 6 HD movies over the course of two hours.

And, torrenting isn't even supposed to work here, but where there's a will, there's a way... ;)

P D

Smash Ace
fire is it possible to look at item hitboxes for fun?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
fire is it possible to look at item hitboxes for fun?
i'm trying to figure out how to get items to spawn in that stage.

as for everyone else's request, hang on because I've been flooded with lots of work and probably will be flooded for another week or so.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
this thread needs more views

btw fire could you put falcon nair

like king funk recommended

plz

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Added:

• Falcon's Nair
  • Fox's jab
  • Samus's Jab
  • Ness get up attack
  • Jigglypuff's up B

I will now start to take requests. If you find any broken links to the images please tell me so I can repair them.

rpotts

Smash Lord
sing is weird.

I assumed is was a constant hitbox, not 3 separate ones. Also, the last one is larger than the first two, I would've never known if it wasn't for this thread. <3 Fireblaster

Thanks for all the time and effort man, we all appreciate it.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
interesting, i assumed the get up attack hitbox was possible since ness can hit himself with up+b, but not possible for other chars? same for ledge attacks...

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Kirby's Uair hitbox is like covered by 98% of his hurtbox lol. Thanks for the uploads.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Ness jab is terrible, in the first one he has the head exposed and can be outranged easily, only the third one is good

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I'd go a step further and say it's the best overall. Fthrow>UpB/fair/giant punch and Bthrow are gimp machines. + very quick and solid range too.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I'll Agree to that.

I was mostly talking about the grab it self though. (Its ability to actually catch the foe) vs it's practicality.

Even in that sense though i feel DK would be very close to the top

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I agree with you too.
But I meant that I thought it was gonna have a bigger range, that's it.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Guys, what are you talking about? Sure, DK's grab is poor in relation to the rest of his body, but look at how fast it comes out and how far he leans forward from his initial position. That gives him superior range, and really the only drawback is that after the hitbox ends, he just sorta hangs there, opening himself up for a hit.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
best grab is either DK or falcon I say, falcon due to his dash speed and DK just due to its size.

Worst grab is probably Yoshi

Top Bottom