• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Hitboxes - HARDCORE DOTS EDITION

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
so because yoshi's parry is a green hitbox, it causes hitlag to the opponent enabling yoshi to attack back while they are still in that lag.

jiggs invincibility on the other hand is a blue hitbox and therefore does not cause hit lag. If someone were to hit jiggs in this timing, it would simply go right through them and not give hitlag.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Thank you SO MUCH for this man, this has helped Project M substantially. Excellent work, Fireblaster.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Added:

- Mario's down B, air and ground
- Luigi's down B, air and ground

I feel like I have to explain the weird behavior of these two moves.

There is literally no difference between the air and ground version of both tornadoes. Every time you do a tornado Mario/Luigi does a little hop which means the move is always an air move and the only thing that affects the rest of the move is whether they land on the ground or not.

When Mario lands on the ground, he loses the hitbox on his head and feet which explains why you must raise just a little bit into the air to spike someone into the ground.

When Luigi lands on the ground, his hitboxes disappear entirely and the only saving grace of his ground tornado is his final killing hitbox that pops up at the end. His aerial tornado (assuming he never lands during the move) maintains the same hitboxes the entire move and during the last hit they just happen to increase in size and deal more damage.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
once again i complement your speed in replying fire

could you do kirby's downB? air and ground (or both in one)? seems like he can be grabbed and hit but not damaged, so green boxes?

also interested in samus neutral B, noticed recently it doesnt seem to hit as much area as it looks like it should

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Kirby's downb actually has yellow hitboxes because while it cannot be hit, it can be grabbed. I think this adds another invincibility class just for Kirby's downb, but the creators thought it wasn't important enough to assign its own color.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a custom designed status just for the tornado, but unfortunately we can only see these hitboxes on Mario's BtT.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Thanks so much for all these.
Could you do Kirby's Down Tilt next? I feel like this move has a really big *** disjoint lol

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
ah ****..lol owell i thought it had to do with the fact mario was so far bent forward

I can kinda see it now if i look really closely, pika needs one of those jaw hit boxes.

The more i look at it the more i debate what i am seeing.

It seems REALLY close (the hit box does have some room inside of pika and directly below his arms) and if mario was not bent as he is...i think this MIGHT have worked

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
ah ****..lol owell i thought it had to do with the fact mario was so far bent forward

I can kinda see it now if i look really closely, pika needs one of those jaw hit boxes.

The more i look at it the more i debate what i am seeing.

It seems REALLY close (the hit box does have some room inside of pika and directly below his arms) and if mario was not bent as he is...i think this MIGHT have worked
Not quite.

when pikachu dash grabs his hitbox extends much farther than what it normally is if just grabbed while motionless. Thats why dash grabs often miss if you are too close to your enemy.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Oh alright...theres nothing special about this missed grab xD

Thanks for insight though, next time ill make sure to not dash when i know i can secure an easy grab-->Bthrow

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Added:

- Link's forward smash
- Mario's backthrow
- Pikachu's dash attack

For anyone that has seen kirby's dtilt; go back and watch it again and **** bricks when you see the hidden hitbox inside kirby.

The Star King

Smash Hero
What status is a person in when they're in a tornado? Is that just the tornado keeping them in a grab?
I'm pretty sure it's a grab, since it goes through shields/Kirby's down B, and it resets the training mode counter while other stage hazards don't.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Time for some get up attacks?

edit: probably tough to do though given it's on the BtT stage, can you take a second player in there and knock down the hitbox character?

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
That's why it's so bad. It's not only slow, but she's vulnerably WHILE rolling!?

Looks like her body is vulnerable, too, at the very beginning of the roll.

Top Bottom