• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Matchups & Strategies, v.2

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Well, in any case, thanks for posting them. You should submit the first one to the VTV thread. =D

Kenrawr

Smash Master
gallax's input is as useless as mine. Three stock is ****. *inb4lobos*

To ESAM's credit Chaz played really well.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
ESAM, are you feeling okay? x.x

That post was very..... cheerfully unlike you......

gallax

Smash Hero
o im so sorry bout that guys. i thought i watched the second vid after the first when i clicked a link form youtube which turned out to be a way different fight than the other vid posted which i just watched.

esam did get beat badly that second vid. lol.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Nice, a buffer so I don't double post.

Not that anybody reads this thread but the ATL South crew, Kenny, and me, but.....

Which character do you guys wanna do first for matchup rediscussions?

Let's do somebody fun please. :lick: Someone we haven't talked about in a while.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I read this thread, but I just never post. I'd like to see a rediscussion on Diddy or Olimar. Those two give me the most trouble now. Maybe G&W too.

PZ

Smash Lord
ok....shouldnt have read the 1st pages but...........i agree with the marth match-up but on wifi it should e just a little more equal i have a replay of me vs 007 sadly i lost im gonna post it on the critique thread when they are uploaded to youtube thanks to i think ESAM or Kprime heh idk capture card thread look it wish i could beat mk,olimar,diddy kong(o w8 i won at least once or idk), and well marth too but i have my lucky moments when my attacks go through=) personally you cant get shield grabbed if you Fh thunder or if you use thunder and your right above your opponent but practicing combos on bowser and fox is great practice by the way bowser for comboing fatties and fox for mediums and well if youwant to face the hardest i suggest olimar and mgw is not too hard hes easy to beat if your opponent constantly trys to attack and then once if they have bad spacing you can murder them and rob heh i say its 45:55(advantage cause of rob's side b or reflector) great Mu Kaylo wish the yoshi 1 was this good marth 35:65(offline) 40:60( online depending on the lag) diddy kong 45:55(bananas but if they dont use them its 50:50) snake 45:55 cuz of the powerful moves even if you cg if that snake has even a little DI its just a little unfair ness 50:50 bait'em with some tjolts i say but.........that could fail if your far away try to trick em if you think your running out of time when you come towards him lucas 45:55 heh all i got to say is that its like a super ness the stick is stronger then the bat but.......... on the other hand ness has a spike that is more reliable so..........52:48 Note: these are on my experiences facing online offline these could be different.......mario satys where he ats :laugh:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
OriginChu, not to come at your writing but..... could you type in paragraphs next time? @.@ Or at least separate sentences.

It's just really hard to follow what you're saying when it's one huge run-on. :urg:

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
OriginChu, not to come at your writing but..... could you type in paragraphs next time? @.@ Or at least separate sentences.

It's just really hard to follow what you're saying when it's one huge run-on. :urg:
This.

Sadly, I wont be much help for whatever match up we discuss, The only good player I ever really play is a Snake =( That said, I just think it would be more interesting to read more about Diddy rather than Olimar (I just think Olimar is so boring -_-). But that's just my measly two pence.

Mew.

PZ

Smash Lord

o sorry but i was at school less then 10 mins to type that before the bell ranged omg im a smash cadet :bee: im goin to sign up for the army o wait i dont think they have a extra extra extra small unifrm :dizzy: lulz jk

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Hey ESAM. Just curious, what did you ban against Chaz? I would have banned lylat but since he took you there I think it's safe to assume you didn't.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Sounds like people want Diddy and Olimar, then. I'll post the rediscussion threads soon.

In the meantime: I updated the OP to the format it'll keep from now on.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
hey people i wana know how to play an olimar i just wana know some basic things to do against him...but on the other hand i know a thing or two about playing against diddys...^_^v

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The threads for Olimar and Diddy Kong have been posted. After we get some initial opinions, I'll invite the other boards over for their input.

Let's discuss. :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Sweet. Looks pretty much like I'd expect..... all neutral MUs with a few more/less favorable ones.

Their chart in general looks more conservative than what America's would look like, though. We tend to rate some MUs a bit more extremely (MK vs. Ganon, for instance), whereas a majority of theirs don't stray past 40/60.

I'm confused, though..... DDD vs. DK says 6, but DK vs. DDD says 2.5. @.@ Is that right?

EDIT: I think Donkey Kong and Lucas are switched on the top line. (24 should be Lucas, 26 should be DK.)

Anyways, I'mma share with the Zeldas. Thanks FlameWaveK! And Prime for posting it.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
We're like the middle man in MUs

According to the Mexican MU chart/tierlist, there's a lot more extremes than ours, whereas this one's pretty evened out, very few of anything past 65:35. I disagree with some of my character's ratios (mainly due to the fact that I think he has more advantages and stronger disadvantages lol).

The Snake boards are discussing Pikachu well actually its not really discussing but it's ARGUING about what the real MU is because you guys think it's 50:50 while we think it's 55:45 Snake so we're trying to verify the REAL match up. Feel free to argue or discuss about it.

Discussion starts at page 6, post#87

Link--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258686&page=6

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Luigi and G&W discussions seem to be pretty much over, so who do people want done next?

Already got a vote for Marth, but I try to do them two at a time, so.... who else?

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
well wifi sonics keep ****** me but that may just be wifi....if we havent rediscussed the MK MU yet id like that since theres alot of MK's in my region, Falco would be my second choice since i have ppl like Larry to worry about. Thou if we need a majority vote IC's would be nice imo, unless you haze the person those CG's can be a pain.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Well, based on votes, looks like we're doing Marth & ICs next.

Roller, I'll make sure either Wario or TL is in the batch after that!

Roller

Smash Legend
Well, based on votes, looks like we're doing Marth & ICs next.

Roller, I'll make sure either Wario or TL is in the batch after that!
No worries, lord knows I need help in the Marth MU; and I currently need to go ICs vs ICs; maybe I will be able to change that.. Or at least get closer to it.

Kantō

Smash Champion
great i could really use the ice climbers matchup advice. i know its not the best pika matchup to begin with, but it seems i just have extra trouble with it for some reason.

Top Bottom