• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Matchups & Strategies, v.2

Kantō

Smash Champion
ugh idk why these DK's keep ****** me. i know the CG, i try to camp, i try to be aggressive.
WTF do i do???

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Don't airdodge near him.

Keep DK in the air. He has a really hard time touching back down. Use a lot of grabs to do this!

DK is pretty safe to follow up on when you hit him. He can't really hit you as you follow him up. The DK's I've played always use their double jump or they try and tech/airdodge->dsmash/tilt. (really just gotta look out for when they mix it up with grabs)

If you get caught in his up b get outta that asap ;x! idk the best way to DI it. I'm guessing SDI up and jump.

Don't try to be aggro till he's off the ground pretty much.

If you do choose to approach him while he's on the ground make sure you have a fairly fresh shield. Shield stabs are a bish.

Don't go above DK!

Kantō

Smash Champion
Don't airdodge near him.

Keep DK in the air. He has a really hard time touching back down. Use a lot of grabs to do this!

DK is pretty safe to follow up on when you hit him. He can't really hit you as you follow him up. The DK's I've played always use their double jump or they try and tech/airdodge->dsmash/tilt. (really just gotta look out for when they mix it up with grabs)

If you get caught in his up b get outta that asap ;x! idk the best way to DI it. I'm guessing SDI up and jump.

Don't try to be aggro till he's off the ground pretty much.

If you do choose to approach him while he's on the ground make sure you have a fairly fresh shield. Shield stabs are a bish.

Don't go above DK!
thanks for the advice man! im not letting those DK's beat me anymore:chuckle:

King~

Smash Champion
can we do ike next, that character is ridiculous. like he spaces similar to marth, but he kills earlier and dies later and has a ridiculous disrupting move that racks damage.

jeezus

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Ike, ok now-

Nevermind, I'm going to just be a stalker until I have something to say. Just...making it known I'm here. :D
-sits in corner-

Code Lyon

Smash Journeyman
Hello again, I'm posting here in hope to get some more spark of Pikas to the Fox MU discussion.

I feel it's being over looked.

Thanks in advance. (again.)

Link is above. In my last post here.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Now that I'm back, I'll start a few more MU re-discussion threads..... I'll do 3 this batch instead of 2, adding Ike to the two I decided on before (Marth + ICs, I think).

Also, everyone remember that we should be helping the other boards with their Pika MU threads as well! We can't expect them to help us if we don't help them. (I'll try to do better with that too.)

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I was just about to say the same thing Leaf, I think it's because everyone is bored of discussing diddy at this point.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
The Prima strategy guide is terrible.

It said Captain Falcon was one of the best characters and Metaknight was bad, which is absolutely wrong. x.x

Reading that guide makes you worse at Brawl.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Mostly for unlocking stuff, probably. They make strategy guides for practically every game.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
o_o a guide for unlocking everything in smash is useful, but i wonder why no one has realized gamefaqs is free for guides on unlocking stuff and for other games they do well as well

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I mean, you can get a free walkthrough for anything, but a ton of people a) don't know that because they're not nerdy/old enough, or b) like having them just to have them.

I have a friend who buys the strategy guide for every single Pokemon game. Just because he likes having the "official" book for them. *shrug*

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I don't think the "official book" goes over EV training, or does it?

EDIT: umm crap well to be on topic even if its not what i intended, o-o are the numbers outdated?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
No, it's missing a lot of stuff like that. It's not the fact that my friend even needs the books, he just likes having them.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I've having a very hard time trying to understand that first sentence of yours. x.x

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Mine? It's like a train wreck, you don't wanna stare, but you can't look away.

Your responce should have been:
"You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense"

Hur's an explaination: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/has-a...ided-to-use-even-go-want-to-do-look-more-like

This should probably be in the PGD, lol.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Probably Pikachu. The matchup's slightly in his favor or solidly his advantage, depending on who you talk to.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
the 9b strategy is annoying. I'ma see if I can friendly Atomsk seriously and get used to it. It seems a lot more even with that strategy...

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I already think the Pika vs. DDD matchup is evenish, but nooo~ everybody wanted to say 65:35 and bull**** like that.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
9B is literally waiting there. Pikachu can't really get in at all...9b is a japanese D3, look him up on youtube.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
In that case, the 9B strategy could work in a lot of Brawl's matchups, especially against Pika since we have no range, lol.

DDD's probably one of the best at it, though, since his "long range" move is his grab.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
And his f-tilt keeps us away pretty well. If he needs to escape he FH dairs and we can't really mess with it. I'll beat Atomsk at MLG though so don't worry.

Top Bottom