• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Matchups & Strategies

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
lol its a counter and u cant do anything about it. the ONLY way u can win is if u spam thunderjolt but diddy has the barrel blast so no point. Have fun.

MWAHAHAHAAH!!!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It's not that bad dude...it can be irritating, but everybody is irritated by that monkey. What you should do is try to SH and air dodge to catch his bananas and combo him. Also...i think you can chaingrab him to like 30-40%. For edgeguarding...just T-jolt, or jump out and nair, but watch for the diddy hump, which will most likely kill you.

Edit: Ninjalink, you beat M2K in tournament right?

neji32

Smash Lord
Diddy is simple once you follow the pattern. Its like the chaos theory, it seems random but you will notice when to move in and when not too. I recomend QACers for this battle, it helps get to diddy. Oh and spam. Everybody likes to pursue a spammer and once they do......

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
>_> I prefer using Ike in this battle but thats just me. Pikachu i just try to prioritize diddy. I used to use pikachu to battle Diddy but meh, i found myself being too predictable. Down smash > Diddy but if you don't hit you'll eat a fsmash. Diddy's down smash though is really really good.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
This hint sounds very very very much like Peach. *prepares help* :laugh:

If the character was once envied, that hints that this characters was here before Brawl and implies the somewhat drastic change from Pika envying Peach's Down Smash in Melee to Peach envying Pika's Down Smash in Brawl as it could be argued that they have swapped Down Smashes from the changes from Melee to Brawl. Aerials are one of Peach's speciality along with her horizontal recovery and it's right that Pika's ground moves are argueably better than Peach's. And with Peach's changes, it's very easy to think the fight is easy but when you acutally play a good Peach, you find it isn't as simple as it seems

If this week isn't Peach then...woops indeed :p

Flandy121

Smash Apprentice
I think after this thread is all said and done someone should start a teams thread. Like how to combat certain teams, what to do and not to do with your partner, and who you should partner with.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It's not ridiculous, galax has had a lot of work to do, so even if we help in with information, he would still have to organize and post it into a coherent guide.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
So I want our ratios to be accurate and Marth has decided on 70:30 or 65:35.. like I said above. What is your take on it? I didn't see a ratio on the first page.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I personally think it is 65:35. marth can outspace pika and cancel any tjolt spam with sword, but pika can combo marth fairly well, as long as you watch out for the sword. marth does damage in large numbers at a distance while we nibble at him. basically marth has a pretty good avantadge, but i certainly wouldnt call it overwhelming.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
whoa new guy...

So I want our ratios to be accurate and Marth has decided on 70:30 or 65:35.. like I said above. What is your take on it? I didn't see a ratio on the first page.
well in my experience playing marths ill say that its 65:35 in princess martha's favor
marth outclasses pikachu in so many ways but the few parts where pika beats marth (speed recovery projectiles) are crucial to use them inteligently to aproach and kill since a marth can be difficult to KO sometimes (at least for me using pikachu)
san diego has really good marths so i do this match up constantly
havokz got 17th at AXIS (300+ man tournament)
SD #1 rank Pnoy plays a really fast marth and does extremely well at tournaments (didnt attend AXIS though)

Flandy121

Smash Apprentice
It's not ridiculous, galax has had a lot of work to do, so even if we help in with information, he would still have to organize and post it into a coherent guide.
Um... NO

That would mean doing pika with each different character, VS every combo of 2 characters... That is ridiculous.
Ridiculous as that may be all we have is time right? This game is going to be out for years before the next one so why could there not be a teams match up thread? It could start out with what is a good team mate for pika. It could include the most common match ups like MK+Dedede or MK+ anyone. Sure it would be long but why could we not do it? I don't think you should dismiss it that easily.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If you feel like doing it Flandy, go ahead. Nobody will stop you from doing it. Most people do not have the time (or patience) to do that kind of list.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I made a Compact Universal Matchup Template for you to use, if you want to use it. Just add in the Title/Numbers yourself, and whatever else you want to do with it. If you want me to make you a more Unique design, then PM me with a Rough estimate of what you want.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
You've outdone yourself, Mmac. Simply beautiful. We'll talk it over to find out if we want that exact template. Looks good to me though.
Galax will be the one to edit the template. He'll be the most grateful out of all of us. :p

gallax

Smash Hero
btw guys i am writing the snake matchup guide right now. there is a lot to cover so i hope i can get it done tonight. but its getting done!

and yes...i am pleased.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Guys, we must work diligently with Pikachu's matchups. Im having a lot of trouble.

Especially with Luigi, Wolf, Olimar, GW, and Falco. I have no problem with MK and Snake...weird huh?

fox219

Smash Journeyman
pikachu should rise in the tier list along with ice climbers

Top Bottom