• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Matchups & Strategies

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Lets move on! oh, and yeah the hints are good, this week is a little short

my guess is Diddy Kong or Zero Suit Samus

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Hey gallax, while testing my new thing tonight, i found out some things to add to the stage list if it applies:

Norfair: the little device attached to the bottom can stage spike you if the lava pushes you into it

Pirate ship: the ship itself if you hit below the bow, will spike you to your death as well

Bridge of Eldin: if you are caught inside the bridge when it gets rebuilt, you also get killed with a stage spike

I haven't tested Green Hill Zone, nor Spear Pillar or Summit (lol)

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
sorry for double post but I know the above one belongs in the stage thread, it was last when I made it, and I thought this was the right one

on a second note, since this is the weekly character matchup, we skipped diddy, but i saw this vid and i was like holy ****, so maybe we should do some investigating on this issue...from the gaw boards, he gives them problems too but platform levels help, so maybe it will help us too

btw the vid is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV8NmhSBXmw

James177

Smash Rookie
If you really don't know, It's GaW. :O

his b move is pretty useless, b air is shield poke, his d air can spike at early frames.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
oh true, i was thinking gannon but then no projectile, what about weight on gaw? so i say either gaw or ddd....

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
U-smash and F-smash have bad startup lag, but end up being brutal. If it is G&W, somebody get to anther cuz he plays a G&W all the time, Needle of Juntah.
Also, if it was DDD he would say he has a CG

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
He doesnt necessarily have to say that. if he is trying to be like the real character discussion, he is making it so it is not obious. you would not say a char with disjointed hitboxes, an annoying projectile, and oh btw his recovery sucks and it is easily gimped. then it would be obvious it is olimar. so far he has suceede. we have a debate going. I will stick by my ddd.

Yaya

Smash Champion
A Lot of this stuff fits Fox.

Except for the hard match-up, you just gotta grab the guy and he's pretty much dead.

Jedstwiilite

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I think it's Ice climbers. I don't find their projectile really helpful. And nana can spike as well when doing fair. I'm not sure if they can stall the opponent or shield poke though, considering I don't know what a shield poke is. But that's just what i tihnk.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Like with a multiple hit attack it will hit your shield until it is small enough and it will hit you through the shield

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, it can only be Zelda. EVERYTHING fits prefectly. shield pokes, useless projectile, a spike, easy killer, hard matchup for pikachu, etc.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Lol, it can only be Zelda. EVERYTHING fits prefectly. shield pokes, useless projectile, a spike, easy killer, hard matchup for pikachu, etc.
WaitWaitWaitWait, Excuse me?

Din's Fire has to be in contention for one of the most buffed moves from Melee, Din's Fire is the entity of evil in this game.

Except for Snake.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
no one knows a lot about diddy, what are we going to do about this? ninjalink is a really good diddy, maybe we can get him to provide some stuff?

Top Bottom