• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Matchups & Strategies

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
yeah, lets move on to next week...and that way you can work your butt off and make the summary for Ike so I can read that instead of browsing the whole pages :D

and about that video vs Jin as sonic, yeah that was pretty bad, but I mean you gotta post what you can find...I'll try to record some matches myself, my friends are good with lucario, marth, link, sonic, and bowser (and ofc MK but im sure there are lots of vids of that)

gallax

Smash Hero
hey guys. i am truly sorry for that vid of sonic. i know it was bad but its the best i have so far. i have some vids but i dont have the time right now to fix them. all my vids are gonna be on by saturday night though. please wait for the new ones(will be marked) and tell me what you think. while we are talking about viedos, what do you guys think about the other vids? which is your favorite?

as for the comment by SSBbo, i am the op but this is a thread where pika users can input and will be listened too. if someone still wanted to talk about ike then we would still be talking cuz there would be more to say.

so, this weeks character. hmmm....Who was it again? hahaha. jk guys. It is.............................Lucas! rollerking has it right first. the grab part of the hint was referring to an infinite by marth.

gallax

Smash Hero
hey guys. ive been informed lately that i may not have enough space to cover all characters for the matchup. i am gonna have to redo it so please bear with me. i am gonna have to make a new thread for each character. this makes it easier to talk about a matchup and post vids for a certain character. more to come.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
You should give Lucas his own thread now, so people can start discussing it...and also, good job with organizing this, very helpful :)

BTW my guess for next week is MK

gallax

Smash Hero
i just want to make sure that everyone knows that i did not do a triple post. there was something in there between two of them and it got removed cuz it was not supposed to be there. someone posted something that was irrelevant to anything here and it was removed. thanks.

good guesses, but keep guessing.

**EDIT** I have a vote now on the floor. Is it time to move forward to next weeks character?

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Yeah I'd say the lucas was pretty thoroughly covered, and thanks for all the lucas mains who helped out with the information, as well as people who play the matchup regularly, so lets get on to MK!!!!!!!

Roller

Smash Legend
"This character may be doom to anything less than top tier though due to some serious flaws that most people can easily take advantage of."

Clarify. Grammatically speaking that is an atrocious sentence. I can't even get your meaning.

Clarify

gallax

Smash Hero
ok...i changed the hint a little. and thanks for making me feel like crap about the grammar...i didnt think it was that bad.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I would have to guess olimar. we can both spam at each other (though oli wins. pikmin eat thunershocks for breakfast). and he can have huge difficulty getting back on stage.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
I would guess olimar too, because he changed the clue! But based on the previous clue, it was totally ROB. gg gallax :p

gallax

Smash Hero
the wolf eh...i had another character in mind for next week cuz ive got problems with this character. but...we will see.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Ok. I want to change my vote from Wolf to Olimar. I as a Wolf seconder, I believe that Olimar poses a much greater threat to Pika than Wolf does.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Well, I already know the ins and outs of Wolf (and so do a lot of other people), so I feel that he can be put off til later.

Also, I was playing my friend's Olimar today and he was beasting all over me. I could just analyze my matches by myself, but I feel that it would be helpful to myself and others if the Pika community analyzed Olimar together.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
hey dudes im new to the pika threads (and to competitive smash for that matter)
anyways wolf is supossed to be really tough against pikachu but playing smart this match is a breeze. i played a wolf in a tourney last week and i 2 stocked him and the gut threw a fit (then i beat his snake w/ fox, his reaction was deserving of some lulz) so yeah i read some posts and olimar is waaay tougher on pika in my opinion plus i would like to suggest peach since my brother's peach and bone's (san diego) peach are both hell on my pika
btw pika is not my main hes my 3rd but i like playing pika the most out of my "good" characters

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I dont mind debating this fact. this matchup favors pikachu. I dont know why you like to say it doesnt favor either one, everyone from our area agrees that pikachu has the advantage. oh btw it is snake.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
I dont mind debating this fact. this matchup favors pikachu. I dont know why you like to say it doesnt favor either one, everyone from our area agrees that pikachu has the advantage. oh btw it is snake.
Dude, snake has more than one projectile...I think its ROB, pretty sure anyway so yeah its neutral!

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
so does ROB :p he says a strong projectile, not that this character has only one. and ROB has a better combo ability then snake.
he does, he says " 'a' strong projectile", meaning that there is one, and its strong...but ROB's recovery is better than Snakes, and esp. than lucario, so yeah. Although snake and ROB both have more than one, so Idk anymore...

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Im not sure if olimar is even.I think most of his aerials have better priority,he's definitly stronger.His grab range is ridiculous.I think the match is in favor of olimar,65-35.

What do you guys think.I always have a hard time against olimar,but it can be done.

gallax

Smash Hero
idk who you are talking about when you say i dont like to say it doesnt favor either one. if you are saying this about next weeks character then i have a bone to pick with you. first of all, you have no idea who it is at the moment so you couldnt possibly say pika has the advantage. second, at first this character was thought to be less favored. but, as i talked to more people on this characters thread and read more about this matchup it seems to be nuetral. so bleh. lol.

but i will say this about next week...someone has guessed right.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
If played right the olimer matchup is quite even imo. he can dominate the ground, but if you approah correctly, and dont rush in you can knock him off. where pika is full of win is in the edgegaurding. using tjolts or just any aerial to knock him away then grabbing the ledge works very well. just watch out for him using whistle armor. I believe it is very even.

idk who you are talking about when you say i dont like to say it doesnt favor either one. if you are saying this about next weeks character then i have a bone to pick with you. first of all, you have no idea who it is at the moment so you couldnt possibly say pika has the advantage. second, at first this character was thought to be less favored. but, as i talked to more people on this characters thread and read more about this matchup it seems to be nuetral. so bleh. lol.

When you say less favored, if you are talking about the hint, that reinforces my opinion that it is snake. i remember thinking snake sucked at the begining.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
My thoughts on Wolf:

A good Wolf will actually be tricky for our beloved Pika. The F-Smash comes out fast and out-ranges our F-Smash. The reflector works on Thunder AND T-Bolt. To add to the pain, he has a blaster. I would suggest the jump + T-Bolt stratagy to stall if you need time to regroup. Pika usually won't be hit by his own T-Bolts, and the Wolf will have to reflect or be hit.

In terms of offense, Pika will always have his awesome D-Smash. It could be used to counter Wolf's extreme predictability.

Try to get Wolf off the platform. Wolf's recovery is trashy, so sending T-Bolts off the edge and intercepting him works wonders.

Throws. Never forget Pika's chaingrab. Wolf is a space animal, he is heavy, and falls fast. This is prime chaingrab material we are talking about :chuckle:

In the end, I'd say Pika will have a hard time with a good Wolf, but with the right tricks Pika can win this battle fairly easily.

PS: Next week is ROB. The clue is very obvious.

krehz

Smash Ace

i still think Lucario..................

Nitrix

Smash Ace
As one of the newcomers to the game, it is hard to believe that a character that has very little combo ability could be so high on the current tier list.
ROB and Pit lack combo ability.
With a strong projectile combined with some fast move sets and high priority attacks it is no wonder why this character is good.
This hint favours Pit instead of ROB. Projectile is singular, and ROB has 2. Otherwise the other hints apply to both of them.

With one of the best recoveries in the game it can be hard to kill this character. Overall though, this matchup does not favor anyone as of yet.
ROB has the best recovery in the game, and is heavy so he is hard to kill. Pit's recovery can be gimped, so idk.

If the OP made a typo regarding the number of projectiles then it is definately ROB. It could also be Pit, but the recovery clue just doesn't make sense when he can be gimped so easily.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
How do you quote multiple places? I have never figured that out, but yeah I agree with you, except I am not sure that Pit's arrows have any decent priority...whereas the top has alot. Just my $0.02 but I do think its ROB

Top Bottom