• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backward

Smash Cadet
Fox has some huge Glaring weakness. He's got a predictible approach (read: Dair), a subpar camping game compared to Falco or Wolf, and a recovery that while being slightly better than his clones is still massive Meta Knight fodder. He also has problems with not being able to outrange alot of characters with hardly anything. Meta Knight and Snake can completely wreck him because of this. In the current competitive atmosphere if you flat out lose to those two characters you won't be placing. Not to metnion ZSS, Pikachu and Sheik all have the ability to lock Fox in moves that he can't escape until he's in kill range of their other attacks. You don't even have to be that good with Pikachu to beat good Foxes with him. The Dthrow chain can go to 90+ depending on the followup move. You can duck under his laser and all of his approaches are easily shield grabbed. He's ****ed.
N-Air is a better approach, yet is still mediocre at best.

Agreed matchups kill him.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
sigh*

Mario's, results would be much higher than E if it wasn't for D3.
And Ness?

Think of it as a placebo. The Ness mains think that Marth can infinite him, so they don't bother...

Browny

Smash Hater
so?

every character can just spam dtilt and Sonic might as well forfeit every match, they become 0:100 matchups but you dont see sonic mains not bothering

PKNintendo

Smash Master
so?

every character can just spam dtilt and Sonic might as well forfeit every match, they become 0:100 matchups but you dont see sonic mains not bothering
Okay. Ness vs Sonic is 80-20 Ness. Downtilt ***** him since it's fast. Stop bull****ting.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Yeah, well we have a few other Link players who post videos in the forums that are pretty awesome, but if I can count the Link players that participate in tournaments, that can't be a good thing :p I was just curious if a lot of Link players are still trying to win tournaments, or if it just us select few that have placed in tournaments.

Link has some pretty awesome videos to watch.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Mr. 3000 beat my GW in pools at Oh Snap 4 with Sonic. It's ****ing amazing.

Look at our placings though kekeke.

Sonic is bad :/.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Mr. 3000 beat my GW in pools at Oh Snap 4 with Sonic. It's ****ing amazing.
Truth. Although he does seem to still make alot of silly mistakes from the last vids I saw of him

Sonic is bad :/.
Yeps. Although that was just one tourney, with what seemed to be only one major Sonic player. Not that bad enough so that he's not toruney viable though. Or at least IMO.

EDIT:

Before angry Sonic mains come in and turn this into the Sonic boards again:

Because every character has a jab or d-tilt that stops most of his approach.
You know, I actually like you OS, despite lots of disdain towards you from the Sonic boards XD. But I wonder if this is sarcasm. Because, most good Sonics approach most of the time with running sliding shield, or something thats shield cancellable or cancellable/uncommited in some other form. So um, dtilts and jabs don't exactly work. We don't just plainly spindash across FD unless its totally safe -_-

Rawr

/Sonicdiscussion

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Because every character has a jab or d-tilt that stops most of his approach.

Please stop talking like that, you're just ridiculing yourself.

It's actually got to the point that people who hate Sonic are disagreeing with what you're saying (as shown by that god awful character write-up (Samurai Panda's attempt on our boards was good >_<))

I'm going to put a wager on you have absolutely no idea how Sonic's approaches work at all, but I don't really care, I just hope people aren't taking you seriously.

Yes, he's a bad character, but not for the bull reasons you've ever posted.

[/not ranting, just being disappointed]

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dude, i got brickwalled by ganons up tilt once, i couldnt do anything. it was rediculous...

on a serious note
i agree with rooooy

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
i know, i should host one. oooo0o0o0o maybe during the break.

we should get on topic before we get infraction.

ankoku isn't this a tier list? oh my look at sonic's position....
crazy insane or insane crazy?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm going to go back a few pages and start handing out infractions again in mass if you guys don't cool it.

Stop spamming.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Wow, didn't
you
we talk about that like several times? Go a few pages back and read >_>

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Something 2 Do weekly tournament
Louisville Ky
20 entrants, $5 entry fee
1) Jiano (snake)
2) Paladin (MK)
3) Hoboz (Kirby)
4) Hilt (olimar/diddy)
5) Joey (olimar/jiggly)
6) Protein (ness/MK)
7) Calic (Pika, Pika, Pikachu)
8) ME! Crash (Luigi/Luigi)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hell, I love that tournament. Jiano winning a tournament, hah.

I don't even remember him playing the game in recent months.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Hell, I love that tournament. Jiano winning a tournament, hah.

I don't even remember him playing the game in recent months.
Lol, it's because he hasn't. We aren't ALL scrubs, but yeah, jiano is better than us, at least by the end of the tournamet (hilt de-****ing-stroyed him in friendlies before the thing started). I think he just has better innate smash skill than most of us. He even dominated the side games on smash 64.

is hylian still a mod?

and oh god at that tourney
snake beating MK
inuis gonna love that..
Just for reference, it isn't because snake is better than mk, or because (LOL) snake has an advantage in the matchup. It's becuase jiano is CLEARLY better than paladin at smash. If anything, if you had watched the matches, it would be further evidence of MK being broken. Sorry paladin, no offense, but jiano is just better than you.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
and oh god at that tourney
snake beating MK
inuis gonna love that..
God bless Snake. In Snake we trust. :)

Just for reference, it isn't because snake is better than mk, or because (LOL) snake has an advantage in the matchup. It's becuase jiano is CLEARLY better than paladin at smash. If anything, if you had watched the matches, it would be further evidence of MK being broken. Sorry paladin, no offense, but jiano is just better than you.
Stuuuuupid. Snake has the advantage. The vast majority of top players agrees. Only random nobodies say otherwise. Oh, and chillindude829, who then proceded to have his MK twostocked twice in a row in tourny by M2K.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
God bless Snake. In Snake we trust. :)

Stuuuuupid. Snake has the advantage. The vast majority of top players agrees. Only random nobodies say otherwise. Oh, and chillindude829, who then proceded to have his MK twostocked twice in a row in tourny by M2K.
He speaks the truth(directed to all the non believers)
DSF, who typically goes MK and plank, who always goes MK met during the end of Axis, the biggest smash tourney ever in late summer. DSF went to snake(used to be his main till MK, and plank went MK, both being high level players(plank camps though lolol) DSF would win this match-up to then play futile so he could get 1st at axis when plank got third. So if ur good with snake, it aint a bad idea to use him against a good meta, if you know what ur doing.

Slightly off topic: did DSF beat M2k to get first at that C3 tourney in VA? You gotta love them west coast smash, we are the sh**, but east coast is still hela raw at smash and everything else lol

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Lol... if only people knew crash. If only people knew.

Louisville is still in its infancy as far as smash is concerned. It has potential, bu right now they're still figuring things out. Jiano doesn't own the game, nor play it; he wins based off previous smash experience, and that's about it. =P

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
dsf and m2k split, m2k usually wins against him though like 80-90% of matches
Well m2k would be smart enough to take that 1st place money from dsf if he wins most of their matches dont you think? M2k must have something in mind or was just a little anxious about playing another top lvel smasher like himself to risk his 1st placing. Regardless they are both dominant smashers on both coasts since melee and they play at the highest level of the brawl metagame(which is nothing like melee lol)

M15t3R E

Smash Master
dsf and m2k split, m2k usually wins against him though like 80-90% of matches
Actually M2K, DSF, AND NL all split.
Snake having the advantage is still a new argument, first perpetrated by you, Jesiah, and M2K. It's always been said that MK has the advantage. You have no reason to say otherwise, yet you do...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hylian, I suggest upgrading to pro on photobucket, or deleting some images on your account because your bandwidth exceeded and I miss your old sig.

:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom