• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
He's not making that argument, he's simply pointing out that ONE Sonic player will have more chances of placing than NONE.
Actually he's not making that argument either. What he's saying is this. Unless the odds of a character winning the tournament are exactly 0%, having more than one (or more than two, etc.) of that character, increases the odds of that character doing well. By definition.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

Browny

Smash Hater
Now this really is interesting. Sonic rank #16 over two months. Why is it that of all the low tiers, he is the only one who’s mains have the guts to actually bring him to a tourney, and place high, if not win them? So many low tier character mainer’s pulled out the excuse they shouldn’t be in low tier on the official list coz they have low tourney representation, when its entirely their fault. Take a hint from the Sonic mains, stick with your character and actually show what they can do, prove they are mid tier or higher! GG all Sonic mains were doing an awesome job now :D

Mmac

Smash Lord
So where exactly did these statistics came from, and what is the basis of them?

Yoshi has gotten about 3 Top 8's, 2 Top 4's and a Top 2 in the past 3 Weeks, yet he apparently FALLEN significantly from last month >_> (Which he was 20 something points)

I wish Ankoku would run the statistics again :(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Memphis, the steak joke isn't funny anymore. It really isn't... I'm let down in you man. You're not even cool.
you finally understand... for the record, he never was.
Now this really is interesting. Sonic rank #16 over two months. Why is it that of all the low tiers, he is the only one who’s mains have the guts to actually bring him to a tourney, and place high, if not win them? So many low tier character mainer’s pulled out the excuse they shouldn’t be in low tier on the official list coz they have low tourney representation, when its entirely their fault. Take a hint from the Sonic mains, stick with your character and actually show what they can do, prove they are mid tier or higher! GG all Sonic mains were doing an awesome job now :D
we ****.
its too funny, i told people he was better and nobody believed me. he sucks on paper, but mindgames and baits actually do matter in actual games adn we prove it.

and of course we are going to play sonic, sonic mains are the most devoted players in teh game
So where exactly did these statistics came from, and what is the basis of them?

Yoshi has gotten about 3 Top 8's, 2 Top 4's and a Top 2 in the past 3 Weeks, yet he apparently FALLEN significantly from last month >_> (Which he was 20 something points)

I wish Ankoku would run the statistics again :(
that could all be from 1 tourney with 13 people, in the grand scale that doesnt count for too much.
lol, maybe if you find a really good meme and rally the rest of the people who main your character around it and spam up your boards alot and do everything that you cna to alienate new players from your character. adn WIN TOURNEYS, than maybe yoshi will go up.

it worked for us

Tenki

Smash Hero
Dang a lot of Sonic's placing in tournaments lately, glad to see that :).
Now this really is interesting. Sonic rank #16 over two months. Why is it that of all the low tiers, he is the only one who’s mains have the guts to actually bring him to a tourney, and place high, if not win them?
A bunch of us finally found tourneys in our area.

Actual Sonic mains tend to be better players than the people around them, so go figure `.`;

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Yea but they are results nevertheless... But idk.

Anyways yes, memes work. No-one dare insult the steak.

I'm glad to see Sonic moving up. He may be one of the worst on paper, but his adaptability and potential come more into play in practice.

w00t.

Tenki

Smash Hero
in hindsight at the last few pages,

defensive sonic is defensive.
happy sonic fanboys are happy.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Actual Sonic mains tend to be better players than the people around them, so go figure `.`;
Really? Im not so sure about that, seeing how many of us are 08ers, and how few of us are like recognized top players.. And afterall wasn't our biggest issue that we need to player?(which I wholeheartedly agree on). But then again, experience doesn't always dictate skill.

I actually think that its the Sonic community starting to equal the skill of other players. But maybe thats just the Sonic community as a whole, and not so much the tourney goers. Whatever the reason, its nice to see Sonic move up in rank.

in hindsight at the last few pages,

defensive sonic is defensive.
happy sonic fanboys are happy.
Psshh, fanboys ftw =P. Or at least, non-scrub fanboys =P.

EDIT:

Oh, and as for the entrants discussion. By simple logic, those on the negative side are correct. By simple logic, the higher the amount of Sonic entrants, the more should be winning, unless as was mentioned the chance of winning is zero. However, I believe that unless these Sonic mains are of significant skill and/or knowledge of the char and his matchups, this number approaches zero against the top 8, lol. And very few sonic mains actually meet the aforementioned qualities, so yea.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I actually think that its the Sonic community starting to equal the skill of other players.
Probably more of that.

But you know, they say that to win a disadvantageous matchup, you have to be a better player than the one you're disadvantaged to.

And since Sonic is neutral/disadvantaged to like, the whole cast...

edit/opinion in response to next post:
This will become a character fanboy war in 3...2..

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't think sonic mains are the most devoted, ima have to go with peach mains, we never stopped representing her, and she's made huge jumps since the start of brawl, but i do think you sonic mains have done a good job representing sonic. now where are all you ganondorf mains!!!??

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Its a matter of opinion of course. It may have been quite bombastic to say Sonic mains are definitely the most devoted players, but I thnk its at least arguable to say that we are amongst the most devoted, and the only one's in steak tier levels of devotion.

EDIT:
Probably more of that.

But you know, they say that to win a disadvantageous matchup, you have to be a better player than the one you're disadvantaged to.

And since Sonic is neutral/disadvantaged to like, the whole cast...
Hehe that's very true, but as we've said before, on paper matchups don't always translate into real-life play.

But I think theres also a factor that people still don't know the best ways to fight Sonic. Like, instead of trying to hit him out of an auto-cancelled>shield dair, they should grab, because they wont hit him, lol. I learned that from the first ditto I had with you XD.

But now im changing my mind again. Gosh I'm so fickle. Because those are simply intricacies, and very few people actualy know the intricacies about fighting every char.

Rawrrr

Mmac

Smash Lord
Hm? I do not have said results. Please post links.
All from the Yoshi Tournament Results thread.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188787

They haven't updated the recent ones (Or they did but is a disorganized mess), but here are the recent ones they posted. I was pretty sure they contacted you about it though. You might have to contact them for further information, only a few have posted links to the tournys they went to.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5562650&postcount=297
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5557047&postcount=295
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5552280&postcount=290
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5548691&postcount=281
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5545345&postcount=275
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5504634&postcount=261
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5498191&postcount=258

Bwett went to a few more recently, and placed in the Top 8's, so you should PM him about that also

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I said the same thing to Shadowlink, Mmac. I can't do anything without a link to the actual full tournament results.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach's meta game came has improved and went up more than sonics, and it still is, Peach has come a long way to the point where she is now going even with Snake. And is getting on that same road with meta. If you would see the topics in the Peach area, you would see the hard work all is doing for that character.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Peach's meta game came has improved and went up more than sonics, and it still is, Peach has come a long way to the point where she is now going even with Snake. And is getting on that same road with meta. If you would see the topics in the Peach area, you would see the hard work all is doing for that character.
I don't deny that. Peach is definitely moving in the right path, and I expect her to move up the tiers a bit too. She warrants 11th position in that list of recent tourneys.

Also, not saying that you were referring to this, but Sonic mains put in a lot of hard work too. Its just masked by all the goofyness =P.

I think one of the admirable thing about the Sonic boards is that seeing as so many of us are 08ers, and we're starting to do better, it just shows not only a bettering of the character himself, but of us as smashers, perhaps more so than the other boards. We also don't exactly have a very notable player who has been well known since melee, like several other boards do. We don't have clear players we can declare the best, partly because there are so few of us. Some of the ones that are the best smashers have among the lowest technical know-how about Sonic. Basically, the Sonic community is starting from the ground up.

Match-up wise, I say Sonic goes even or near even with snake. Several other Sonic may agree, others may disagree(Sonic can really make lots of snakes options much less effective). Oh well =P. I don't think the meta match-up is too bad either, but the large majority will disagree. Not that it matters much, as it seems he'll be banned, as much as I don't want him too =P

By the way, I think mario has a lot of potential. I think he belongs in mid tier personally. Mario has always been in mid tier anyways. His name starts with an "M". And he's still what he's always been, a balanced character. =P

Mewto and Roy for extinct tier.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
now where are all you ganondorf mains!!!??
Losing to spotdodge.

<3 Ankoku

I still say Peach is going to at LEAST pass Zelda. Remember that thread? Where there was a 30 page argument between you and Yuna? That was fun.

And for the record. Sonics game has improved a ****ton. We were in contention for worst in the game and now we're up with Falco....... sorta

BOOYAH!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The lists Ive posted are ones using the tournaments Ankoku has put on the 'list' he has in his post. Unless Ankoku has foiled my program by having (YOSHIKNIGHT) in there or something similar the results are as accurate as Ankoku publicly givest his list for.

Also, board war starts now. Marth mains are the most loving of his main.
Us Marth mains have to live with the fact that theres an upgraded Marth available in the cast who has wings and a ****ing longer dtilt range with better frame out, ****ing hell. He also has "Victory is my destiny" as his win taunt, holy ****. You know how dejected that must make the Marths feel?

Sonic definitely could argue that there contingency of 08ers that made the board without professional melee expertise to push them straight into a higher level of play has started to become more standardised :p. However, Donkey Kong did it better... and faster.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
By the way, I think mario has a lot of potential. I think he belongs in mid tier personally. Mario has always been in mid tier anyways. His name starts with an "M". And he's still what he's always been, a balanced character. =P
Thank you for going into detail about what I been saying since the Brawl tier list first came out :).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The lists Ive posted are ones using the tournaments Ankoku has put on the 'list' he has in his post. Unless Ankoku has foiled my program by having (YOSHIKNIGHT) in there or something similar the results are as accurate as Ankoku publicly givest his list for.
While that sounds like a hilarious idea, I don't think there's anybody I'm targeting for silliness right now in the tournaments2.txt file.

Tenki

Smash Hero
edit/opinion in response to next post:
This will become a character fanboy war in 3...2..
You're good, but I'm better! Can't let you do that, StarPeach.

Go Sonic!

M is for Mario and M is for Mid. lulululzuluzlulzuzluzluz
Peach?>Zelda

PS. Go Sonic!
sonic sucks though
Oh yeah. ****
Go Marth! but :( Metaknights

{1}Sonic definitely could argue that there contingency of 08ers that made the board without professional melee expertise to push them straight into a higher level of play has started to become more standardised :p. However, Donkey Kong did it better... and faster.
{1} we're freaks.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
{1} we're freaks.
{Two} You'd think the Captain Falcons were more patriotic? Hence freaky, hence also doing well in tournaments?

And Ankoku: ;) You can't imagine how annoying having 'RESULTS:' sometimes removed from individual tournaments were. It totally shocked and horror'd me with silliness for at least 5 minutes

Mmac

Smash Lord
Losing to spotdodge.
*Sigh* So I'm guessing nobody contacted you with their results.

Fine, I'll yellcontact them, and tell them to post their results.

I still don't understand how Yoshi dropped so significantly from September....

Luigi player

Smash Master
...What is everyone talking about? >_>

I don't see a current rankingslist anywhere...

Well I guess everyone's just looking at all those new tourney results...

Edit: Ah well I saw the other list. ^^'

I'm glad Sonic is so high... Great job at every Sonic main, this makes me want to play him more again =)

D

Deleted member

Fine ill post one of my yoshi results:

Chula vista XV
Chula Vista, California
7$
Out of 20
10/5/08
1. DSF (MK)
2. TKD(MK)
3. Hall(Snake)
4. Kaos(MK)
5. Burntsockz (Yoshi!)
5. Havok (Marth)
7. Bone(Peach)
7. Soid (Mk/snake)
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2996

Ill post my top 4 with yoshi once i find out full results.

icedragon-

Smash Rookie
Yay!!! Lucario moved up one spot! Captain Falcon isn't on the bottom!!!!! ROB isn't on top tier anymore!!!!

This truly is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom