• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Update: From now on I'll be placing Zelda/Sheik as a single character. That means any instance, of Zelda, Sheik, or Zelda/Sheik will just register as Zelda/Sheik. This is because of stupidity like Sheik being in C rank with twice as many points as Zelda/Sheik even though Zelda/Sheik can categorize a Sheik player who uses Down+B.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Update: From now on I'll be placing Zelda/Sheik as a single character. That means any instance, of Zelda, Sheik, or Zelda/Sheik will just register as Zelda/Sheik. This is because of stupidity like Sheik being in C rank with twice as many points as Zelda/Sheik even though Zelda/Sheik can categorize a Sheik player who uses Down+B.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have Zelda as a character and Zelda/Sheik and Sheik as the same character?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That'd be even funnier, because Zelda solo inexplicably has the lowest representation of all.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Idk if you got these or not Ankoku, but here's some recent-mid recent results from WNY.

Arena51 Biweekly: 8/9/08
1 Jesiah (Snake)
2 Silverspawn (MK)
3 Asylum (Snake/MK)
4 Ryoto (Wolf/ROB/Fox)
5 Shiri (Yoshi/D3/ROB)
5 Vac (Sonic)
7 Pika Pika (Pikachu)
7 13370 (Ness)
9 Don
9 Court
9 Tuxedo Mask
9 Goggles
13 Aaron
13 Jeff
13 KoJ
13 l33t Core
17 Randy
17 Axel
17 Odinfs
17 J
17 Hiro
17 Jeremy
17 Dan
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183715

Arena51 Biweekly: 8/23
1 JesiahTEG (Snake/MK)
2 Pika Pika (Pikachu)
3 Ryoto (Wolf/ROB)
4 Silverspawn (MK)
5 Asylum (Snake/MK)
5 Goggles (Sonic/Lucario)
7 KoJ (Falco/DK/ROB)
7 Tuxedo Mask (Lucario/Kirby)
9 Wafflez
9 J.
9 Ridik
9 Paco
13 Himoru
13 Evil Doom
13 Sean
13 Nitro
17 Mike
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183715

Arena51 Biweekly: 9/13/08
Singles

1 JesiahTEG (Snake/MK)
2 Silverspawn (MK/D3)
3 Neil (Pika)
4 Asylum (Snake/MK)
5 Owna (MK)
5 Great White aka KoJ (Falco/ROB)
7 NessOnett (Ness)
7 Banisher(Ike/Mario)
9 Court
9 Nick
9 Xiivi
9 Yannick
13 Saph
13 KBMF
13 Goggles
13 Case
17 Brandon
17 PHISH
17 Tawny
17 J
17 GBird
17 Donald
17 Jesse
17 OdinFS
25 VAC
25 HML
http://www.arena51.com/nuke/modules....=asc&start=105

Arena 51 Biweekly: 9/27/08

Singles

1 JesiahTEG (Snake/MK)
2 Pika Pika (Pikachu)
3 Owna (MK/Sheik)
4 Xiivi (MK/Fox)
5 KoJ (Falco/MK)
5 Tuxedo Mask (Kirby/Lucario)
7 Voidious (Pit)
7 KBMF (Falcon/Ike)
9 Ness Onett
9 Yannick
9 Wafflez King
9 Sacred Phoenix
13 Nick
13 PHISH
13 Jeremy
13 Eric
17 J
17 Yeti
17 ALex
17 Ranjiz
17 JD
http://www.arena51.com/nuke/modules....=2259&start=60

Arena 51 Biweekly: 10/11/08

Singles

1 JesiahTEG (Snake/MK)
2 Pika Pika (Pikachu/MK)
3 Asylum (Snake/MK)
4 Silverspawn (MK/ROB/D3)
5 Xiivi (MK/Snake)
5 Ranjiz (DK/Mario)
7 Goggles (Lucario/Sonic/Fox)
7 Owna (MK/Sheik)
9 Matt
9 Sacred Phoenix
9 Wafflez Kingz
9 Echo
13 Kyle
13 Phish
13 Court
13 Yannick
17 Igloo
17 Mike Schaefer
17 Harry
17 Majordork17
http://www.arena51.com/nuke/modules....r=asc&start=45

Most of them say Snake/MK. When I use MK, it's vs a Pikachu Player on counterpicks. That's it. I don't even win half of them either so do what you will with that.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Wichita Bi-weekly (Meta banned)10/18/08
$5 Entry Fee
27 Participants
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5215539#post5215539

1: Karmacide - Snake
2: KY - Pit/Falco
3: Nynja - Diddy
4: Clel - Fox/Marth
5: Zeton - Fox
5: Steeler - Pokemon Trainer
7: ChaosTheory - Lucas
7: 2girls1bucket5buffalo4indians2midgets1gerbil.com (This is me heh) - ROB, Zelda, Game & Watch, Random, Pikachu, Toon Link

Pay Attention to Weegee
$1 Entry Fee
13 Participants

1: ArkiveZero - Luigi
2: KY - Luigi
3: Steeler - Luigi
4: Insane-o-tron - Luigi
5: Affinity - Luigi
5: Clel - Luigi
7: Attackstorm - Luigi
7: ArtikFox - Luigi
(This tournament actually happened I'm not joking)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You really think Luigi will get points from a Luigi-only tourney? <_<

or was it just for the lulz?

Matt07

Smash Master
Wow, if tournament results keep showing Luigi (top 8 out of 8 placed with him c'mon) he's going to get banned.

(I'm being sarcast by the way :).)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Wichita Bi-weekly 10/18/08
$5 Entry Fee
27 Participants

1: Karmacide_________Snake
2: KY________________Pit/Falco
3: Nynja_____________Diddy
4: Clel_______________Fox/Marth
5: Zeton_____________Fox
5: Steeler____________Pokemon Trainer/G&W/Lucario
7: ChaosTheory_______Lucas
7: InfernoRage_______ROB/Zelda/G&W/Random/Pikachu/Toon Link

[/SIZE]
i only used gw twice, and never used lucario. straight pt the other 13 or so matches. :laugh:

btw weegee is ****ing top tier

Shōryū-reppa *****es

gantrain05

Smash Master
omfg, will somebody just ban weegi already, seriously, this is getting rediculous, when i go to a tourney i don't want to just fight weegi's its not any fun, and i can never win.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
mk was indeed banned. idk, that's up to ankoku to decide. but it was a real tourney, no? what's your point there? that i only placed that well because mk was banned? i placed 9th at the last bi-weekly with mk's. it's not like i jumped from 23rd to 5th because meta knight was banned. i'm capable of beating the meta knights here. We had two Foxes and a Lucas place top 8, so you could make the same argument for them as well.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
mk was indeed banned. idk, that's up to ankoku to decide. but it was a real tourney, no? what's your point there? that i only placed that well because mk was banned? i placed 9th at the last bi-weekly with mk's. it's not like i jumped from 23rd to 5th because meta knight was banned. i'm capable of beating the meta knights here. We had two Foxes and a Lucas place top 8, so you could make the same argument for them as well.
Steeler I don't think he's making those arguments. Rather, he is stating that the data is inconsistent with the rest of the tournament results. If MK is not allowed there, then you are essentially not playing the same game. Therefor, you have to reassess how much value the result should actually hold. Because it not fair for example to the other tournament listings where MK is involved, and several characters may have placed higher had it not been for his usage. Its not a smite to your skills, simply pointing out the the issue that you are playing under significantly different conditions, and as such results have to be interpreted that way.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
well, not all tournaments even have a meta knight player in the bracket, and ankoku still takes those results.

thanks for clearing that up for me lopez, valdens' post was kind of ambiguous. my bad.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
The metaknight players were the ones who chose to ban metaknight, this is the same result as if nobody picked him by choice, therefore the end result would be the same either way.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I still say Peach is going to at LEAST pass Zelda. Remember that thread? Where there was a 30 page argument between you and Yuna? That was fun.
Peach does way better than Zelda in tournaments. Zelda is not even up there like that. Tournaments are what matters, not opinions. So from tournaments records, Peach does better then all under her. And last I checked. Zelda was not even close to Peach. And thanks to Edreese, I think Peach blow out Zelda by now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Tournaments don't equal character qualities. Otherwise Wario would be a better ncharacter than Dedede.

Although I agree that Peach >>> Zelda

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I feel there are a severe lack of highly skilled Zeldas out there. I would like to see her get more representation. I'm not a big fan of the Shiek/Zelda style. I tend to play as one or the other when using them.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
How you think a character is ranked of played in tier list? How does one come up with legit info on how characters hold thier own ground in tournaments? Tournaments matter. And don't go by the tier list that was made. Cause Peach was but over bowser, Zelda as well, yet Peach does better than both of them in tournaments.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Tournaments are based on popularity or certain palyers. Warios good results are based on 3 players: Futile, Reflex and DMG. He is #3 because of that. Therefore he must be a better character than KingDedede, Falco and Mr. Game and Watch, rith?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Dark he's just trying to point out that even though one character might be worse than others, if better players are playing it, it will often have overall better tournament results.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Tournaments are based on popularity or certain palyers. Warios good results are based on 3 players: Futile, Reflex and DMG. He is #3 because of that. Therefore he must be a better character than KingDedede, Falco and Mr. Game and Watch, rith?
Maybe he is? It's impossible to tell how good a character truly is at this point in the metagame, especially with the lack of large regional / national tourneys thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom