• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters With REAL Potential to Move Up

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Well! That's what I get for running my mouth. By lightning fast on the bair, I meant the speed in which the hit comes out. Not the duration part. :X In hindsight, the lag on the landing I was aware of being dangerous.

My apologies. Haven't seen you play before. Nicely done. :D But this isn't a "Praise *insert player here* Thread", so in any case...

I'll stand by my belief that he could move up in time, but you know more then I do. So I'm running on beliefs while you probably run on what could be the truth. *shrug*

Thanks for the enlightenment there.
8 frames IS when the move comes out. I said nothing about the lag at the end.

Out the 3, Falco is the easiest i would say. Than D3 but not by much. Olimar is to me if played perfectly impossible. His aerials lag and he cant approach on the ground. The olimar can spam grabs and when he jumps just shield.

Roihu

Smash Ace
I actually think Squirtle is a very good character.
Ivysaur's ok.
Charizard isn't incredible, but he's ok.
I think Ness is a bit underrated, though.
Olimar's grab range is a *****.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Seeing as how diddy is my main and zss is one of my secondaries i just have to say my name is phillyrider807 and i approve this topic!!!

Also peach is another char i see moving up. The major fault of peach is her lack of kill moves but no doubt she can lay on the damage. With the newly discovered b air lock if people can find a standard of getting that lock in place or find some type of way to rack of the damage without wasting smash attacks so they can be fresh at the end peach will deftinaley move up a few spots.

Also don't really have a deftine answer but maybe PT will move up at least a spot or 2? I mean 3 different movesets you have tons of options am i right?

Diddy,peach,pika,zss. It feels good to know my team is underused!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Sadly smash is the only fighting game which tier list isnt updated regularly.

Im the one at fault for the burst of diddy's...........sadly most of them suck though....whoopsies

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
i seriously think that yoshi has big potential to move up. he already has a chaingrab on meta knight that works great. and once you play him some more, you get use to his irratic moveset and can use it well. plus theres some other AT that yoshi has but idk what its called though

Blad01

Smash Lord
Samus and Peach for sure.

The first one should be in middle : Awesome defensive game, impossible to combo / juggle, good combos, wall of projectiles, very hard to gimp, a various moveset. Her lack of kill moves is a lie, since she can edgeguard easily. If she doesn't, her DTilt, FSmash and Charge Shot are still very good. The only thing is that she has a hard time against superior campers like Falco or Wolf.

Peach is middle right now, i believe she could move up a bit, or be low high. Well... She is awesome in every aspect, she can juggle all day (A Snake above Peach is virtually dead), she has awesome combos, very good gimping game, she's hard to edgeguard... She doesn't have really hard match-ups. Leon destroys Snakes, whatever their level of skills. He also destroys Falcos. Well, the only characters that could give Peach serious problems are ROB and maybe MK.

The only real problem is that they are both difficult to play.

Bowser will rise a few spots too i think. :)

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
mario - look at this mario from Republica dominicana is excellent and look at the day of the replay : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKrDUERPD5g

Sonic- look at this sonic from Puerto Rico , he is a friend of mine. sonic will definetly move on.
The mario is good but that snake is..........>_<. Better comp. I shown sonic already. New char and reasons please.

i seriously think that yoshi has big potential to move up. he already has a chaingrab on meta knight that works great. and once you play him some more, you get use to his irratic moveset and can use it well. plus theres some other AT that yoshi has but idk what its called though
Dragonic Reverse ur probably talking about.

RATED

Smash Lord
NinjaLink- that snake is good really is just that mario is a beast I saw a vid of that snake playing agaisnt a diferent person is just that Mario he did a 3 stock against a PR metaknight(I will not mention name) and that MK mainer is really good , I used my mk against that mario I he beat me but it was 1 stock. but u saw the potential of mario now?

now with reasons and characters;

Yoshi- awesome proyectile , grab range excellent with pivot grab is awesome, yoshi's nair is excellent for breaking out of "combos"and have kill potential too and is fast as hell, Upair is annoying and kill and have some armor frames, and yoshi can camp and be agressive and can vary in a match both. and excellent yoshis are almost imposible to gimp or edgeguard.

Mario- very hard to edgeguard with all characters even mk , the fire balls are annoying , good grab game ,, excellent smashes, good aerials, excellent gimper(the cape) he is a great characters and have excellent potential for mindgames.

peach will move on good peaches are serious deal really and I know of what I am talking about. I played against a excellent peach from puerto rico "excel zero" and that peach is hard to beat as hell.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
That vid is pretty old news and doesn't really show Mario's potential, especially since that Snake wasn't up to par.

There's better Marios out there.

EDIT: Let me elaborate on what I mean. The Mario in that vid is has a very good aggressive game, what the vid doesn't show is his defensive game (besides the usage of FLUDD), and his KO power. First stock that Snake survived up until the 200's. If he saved his U-Smash up until around 140% he would've KO'd him. D-Smash would've worked too, and F-Smash kills Snake at around 120% (he did use it but Snake was saved by a grenade).

Yes, Mario has an excellent aggressive game, but he has more than that.

matt4300

Smash Ace
holy crap that mario was insane... best i have seen ^_^

"That vid is pretty old news and doesn't really show Mario's potential, especially since that Snake wasn't up to par.

There's better Marios out there."

hmm im gonna go check the mario boards....

RATED

Smash Lord
thanks Ninja link and perdon to everyone is I sounded agressive or something like that I just wanted to help in the thread. Ninjalink- I am a nice guy if I sounded agresive pardon, if u like or anyone like here's my msn: candyman89926@hotmail.com

I am a DDD mainer and I watch almost every vid from USA tournaments. I am a competitive smasher from Puerto Rico.

Edit Boss 's mario is awesome too! great vid and the spike was cool!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
screw you ninjalink for breaking diddy.

if it wasnt for you we would all still be making fun of AZ for acting like diddy is a great character.

lolj/k

Aketo

Smash Rookie
Wolf should move up. He has evened his matchup against the blue Chicken, which was horrible before. He's even with most characters and has some very good matchups. He should move up a bit.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, Yoshi, ZZS, Diddy, and Pokemon Trainer has major potential to move up.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ness doesn't have the potential to move up. Far from it, in my opinion, he's misplaced. He deserves mid tier, at best, and deserves to be better than Lucas by far. (I mean going by results alone, Ness is top of E)

Once Ness gets into mid tier, I doubt he would move up. And these grab release statements are being taken to far, they are far worse things than that, and some can be averted.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Im obviously gonna say olimar cos i main him, but seriously, mid tier is definitely underrating him. His only obvious drawback is his recovery but every olimar works tirelessly to try and reduce this problem as much as possible working with the order of their pikmin to knock their opponent off if possible. His overall ground play is fantastic and is almost unapproachable if under capable hands.

Also, I think shiek has plenty of potential. She can follow up ground moves very well due to her ability to get into the air quickly to pull off an airial. Only real problem is lack of killers but you should save the more powerful moves to higher percentages.

Hmm, mayb lucas too, I believe the best brawler in Europe mains Lucas so thats either saying something about Europe's ability as a whole or its saying something about the potential ability of lucas when played at his best. Im hoping its the second one, but lucas does take quite a long time to learn due to a ridiculous number of ATs.

Meh, theres probs others that have been mentioned countless times on this thread like Diddy and Zamus tht i cand b bothered to go into detail bout. But yeah, definitely olimar, in Ankoku's character ranking list, Olimar comes in at joint 9th with diddy, and is the only one in mid tier in the top 10 characters. That must show some indication of how effective olimar is in tournament play under skilled hands.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
ZSS up to high. Olimar and Diddy could move up. Wolf could move up a few spots, people are rather ignorant of the character. Sonic and Mario to mid. Some characters would have to move down to accomodate the changes. Oh yeah, Falco up to 2nd or 3rd best.

Tamoo

Smash Master
yeah, falco is fine where he is, i can win 50% of the matches against the best falco in england so i know how good falco can be played at a decent level. He will never reach the heights of snake but he deserves to be in that tier bracket. Sonic is interesting, ive recently found a good sonic and, tho it may be because i dont know the match up, i found it very difficuly to get many hits off on him. Maybe if played to full potential, may have a chance of moving up. Also, never played a decent yoshi (yoshis at my tourneys are generally grab spammers, which is not good gainst olimar lol) but i can imagine him moving up after watching a fair few matches on youtube.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Sonic will definitely move up, he has too many gay combos not to. People have trouble mostly just killing with him, but in the hands of a master he is vicious.

Anther's Sonic is sooo gay, unDIable combos left and right.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
did the olimar player just say something about priority?

cause last time i checked, all I have to do is have a hitbox out to beat all pikmin attacks

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm so tired about hearing about sonic and olimar. I can just pay the player $20 to stand there and eat Fsmashes and win. >_>

Top Bottom