• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chatting with the BBR! Today's session cancelled :(

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Hooray! Is this going to be on Skype again? That would be grand. Because I actually have a question this time. :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If it's going to be on Skype, who do I contact to get invited to the conversation?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
But it's tough to get your contact info on Skype...seeing as how there's no method of contact on your postbit thingy.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Will be asking my questions when I get back from eating. Before that, I read the first post, but could not find it. There is some sort of group discussion going on?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
It's over....
I still have a question though.

What does the BBR think about all of these new chain grabs for Dedede and Bowser? Could this possibly get Dedede out of his streak of falling down the tier list?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
It's over....
I still have a question though.

What does the BBR think about all of these new chain grabs for Dedede and Bowser? Could this possibly get Dedede out of his streak of falling down the tier list?
We've seen it, discussed it. Current verdict: probably not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to all that came out to the chat this week. It was kinda quiet, but I plan to make sure the word is gotten out better and have many special guests next week, so make sure you come out!

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Wait...Bowser has more CGs now too?
Logically....
If you can do a standing buffered pivot grab with Dedede then you would expect the same thing from Bowser. I haven't looked into it much but basically Bowser sits there and pummels until they can get and air release.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I wanted to take part this time but it was too late for me. Time-zone conflicts ftl

:059:

Yikarur

Smash Master
the infinites are so hard, it would'nt make sense to include the infinites in the Tier list because no one was ever able to do this in a real match.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Well, I'll put it like this:

While the BBR does consider a character's overall potential, we also look at how that character performs in the current metagame. If we see a character with "a potential infinite" but no player has been able to use that infinite at a consistent enough rate to matter, than I think it only makes sense that we don't really take that infinite very seriously for the time being.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
While the BBR does consider a character's overall potential
Seeing as I have basically no hope of getting to one of these chat things:

Why would you use something that you can't put a value to when making something that is suppose to be more or less a summery of values? How would you explain in a quantitate form to others how much potential Fox has, compared to Pit's potential, PT's potential, and Peach's potential for example? What factors are worth "more" potential wise? By how much? Ect. It was this whole "potential" thing that caused the whole "Hey, why is Pit so high up?" issue in the previous tier list, and the current "Hey, why is Fox so high up?" issue with the current tier list. Why hasn't the BBR gone "You know, this whole potential thing really didn't work out with Pit. I'm thinking maybe we should stop using it, seeing as we can't actually predict the future."?

Top Bottom