• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I want to announce a change to the rankings. For the next list this will be a Chicago-Land Power Ranking and the total number of ranked player will be increased to 15.

Sveet said:
The requirement of IL residency changed to Midwest residency. The number of tournament attendances during this period will be increased from 2 to 3, and for a tournament to count it must have 6 points from ranked players on the current list.

Points will be calculated like this: ((16-n)*10)/50 where n is the rank of the player

[collapse=Points Table]
1 - 3
2 - 2.8
3 - 2.6
4 - 2.4
5 - 2.2
6 - 2
7 - 1.8
8 - 1.6
9 - 1.4
10 - 1.2
11 - 1
12 - .8
13 - .6
14 - .4
15 - .2
[/collapse]

That means, at least 3 ranked players must attend and the quality of players matters as much as the number of players.

This will allow players in sub regions from the entire Midwest to be allowed on the list as long as they are willing to travel to tournaments that ranked players are attending. Initially, this will bias Chicago as the players within an hour of the city or so constitute 8/10 of the list. Once a subregion gains a ranked player or two they will have a strong "share" of the list enabling them to more easily host tournaments and get other sub regions to travel to them.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah I know, but I wasn't originally using those numbers. Just didn't simplify it when I posted it =/

This is the only fair way to really allow other state's residents who are active in the IL/Chicago scene to be on the list. If you have a suggestion for how it should be ran, I'm all ears.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Matt's pretty smurt at algebra. That's why he's gonna be an actuary.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
If my internet wasn't working, I have to wonder why I felt it was so urgent to respond that I would call someone. Anyway, there are new mods in this room who are more active than I was, but it's up to them what kinds of dumb things you can post. As for me, I'll continue to post the same dumb things I always have.

Vro

Smash Lord
we should just make a list of

who are our favorite or

most intelligent smashers are.

and type

like this all

the time.

Rat & Vro @ #1

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
apparently this is the new "MW **** talk each other" thread

... oh wait thats every MW thread, nvm

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
le's see, i can beat you ^ with the following ppl i bet:

sheik, falco, fox, falcon against falco, luigi, dk against fox, GaW, jiggly, ganon against falco, marth against falco

im quite good against falco now i think

or toms falco sux its hard 2 tell somethyems llol

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
I'm glad I found this thread

When you change to a list of 15 players and a "Chicago-Land Power Ranking", would that include Chicago (and nearby areas) + the rest of Illinois ...or just Chicago + nearby areas? It sounds kind of funny as "Chicago-Land" :S

probably, anyone who isn't on that list or isn't in chicago is me and oranos
lol there's more than just us 2

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Its a PR thats based around the Chicago scene, but with no state residency requirement. If you want your name on the top 15 all you have to do is go to tournaments with ranked players and beat people, place well, ect.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
le's see, i can beat you ^ with the following ppl i bet:

sheik, falco, fox, falcon against falco, luigi, dk against fox, GaW, jiggly, ganon against falco, marth against falco

im quite good against falco now i think

or toms falco sux its hard 2 tell somethyems llol
is this directed at me?

if so

L O L

Top Bottom