• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
It was the first tournament in Finland so far.
Incorrect. Many Fox mains have counterpicked and taken their prey to Cornaria to establish Campgrounds in FINland.

We call the point at the tip-top Helsinki.

Fox laser camps it to hell, and when someone comes to approach, an Upsmash'll kill at like 40%.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Well ofcourse we've had tournaments In Finland, but the main "game" has always been Melee while a smaller Brawl tourney has been held. This would be the first Brawl only Tourney here. Great job with the tourney. You really should start hosting more of these LzR =) Next time the max entrants should be 16 or more.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
i got 2nd/30 something today going all rob

1 - fatal
2 - me
3 - bizkit

i dont remember past that lol, im going all rob at mlg

Man, Melee is so great.

Sooo many **** kills and recoveries I've pulled off with Samus and Link today my gosh.

Sudai

Stuff here
I was at a LAN center playing Brawl today. Someone goes "I found a Melee disc!" Brawl was literally turned off mid-match and melee was put in despite not having a memory card. I <3 my group of friends lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i have a copy, got it for christmas.
however with my innate ability to mess up every sengle button input i try, its sucks hard

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I've been dealing with similar problems, when I broke my left thumb it turned out I severely damaged one of the ligaments and will need surgery. but since the accident I've learned to play by clawing my pointer finger over the joystick and I play like that now, I've won a local and placed halfway decent at another tourney since.

edit:
Just thought I'd pop into to congratulate Silhouette on his AMAZINGLY funny avatar.

It's just so twisted.
How do I always miss these things until I namesearch?? Thanks man.

Ill prob change it back, just wanted toothless again for awhile.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ok, i'm had there. that is absolutely amazing
still i'm not exactly dedicated to melee as i am brawl, and to be honest i end up getting really depressed if i try to do tech skill stuff and constantly fail at it. so avoiding it works fine, seeing as you realyl dont need it in brawl

stingers

Smash Obsessed
hey I was watching jerm play and it made me think of something that could really help us ROBs back on the ledge (doesn't work on SV or BF though as far as neutrals go though =/ at least we have lylat/yoshis/fd...but less useful)

if you ledgehop back, start charging your gyro immediately, then shoot it when ur at the right spot (basically the gyro should hit the ledge), it'll bounce off going at an angle the same direction you're falling, and then u can fair + gas back up to the ledge. then you have a gyro in your hand and getting back onstage will be easy. only thing is that it requires enough gas to get back (you are decently far down after the fair ends)

and someone has probably thought of this before, but it just occurred to me now lol.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Yeah I've been using it for awhile, and it is viable on BF, just bounce it off the cylinder thing hanging off the bottom of the stage.

and its not as necessary on SV since you can retreat to the platform when its on your side.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You know you can grab the gyro with Z and it won't do any attack or anything, right? Much faster than fair.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Yes, and if you trust your precision 100% of the time than use it, but if your off slightly and you airdodge too low it can cost a stock.

Other places you can bounce gyro to catch it (or neat gyro tricks):
PS1 (rock formation left side, windmill, and tree)
Bowser or Charizards fire
Link/TLs bombs
smakes Dsmash (or nades)
Halberds bomb (or laser)

Theres others..

<3 Gyro tricks.

Sudai

Stuff here
ZCatch is an easy way. lolol

That's like saying "I want to get 3 for 6 dollars instead of 6 for 11 dollars." Both are pretty good, but one is obviously the better choice in a vacuum, while in reality, both would be awesome in diff situations.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That extra half a second you waste catching with fair not only costs you a ton of gas, but also precious time where they might edgeguard you. Z is not the riskier option.

Sudai

Stuff here
Thumb between the CStick and DPad, index on the Joystick, ball of palm for cstick, pinky for XYAB, press against leg for shield. You leave the controller on your leg for support/shield. \ That's my most comfortable 1handed grip anyway,

Top Bottom