• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
I can't believe this thread is about to rip. Hahah lame pun.

Cmon chula vista. Represent your self and do something
Im down to smash whenever but everyone is all talk!!! Its all BS about the venue and all that crap!!! If your serious about getting something going, someone like Supermario is, then send me a message and well see whats up!!!

romeo619

Smash Ace
jon had a smashfest a while back at his place i guess i'll make his bitch ass hold another one

it'll probably be a melee smashfest/mini-tourney since brawl sucks and everyone hates it

Rickety

Peace and Love
From the first Page.

I wish your thread the best of luck, but the problem with the National City/South Bay smash scene is the lack of smashers able to host or find a venue. Many smashers end up having to come to La Jolla or Rancho Bernardo or even as far as Oceanside to play, and some can't play because this is too far for them.
Paul has seen this movie, too :]

By the way, isn't Morse High doing MH3: "Revenge of the Orange" ?

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
this thread sucks balls...

nobody does **** in the 619
anybody cool from the 619 like jon, bone or romeo comes up here anyway.
you too, paul

...yeah... sucks balls...

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
**** it!!! Cause all we need is a garage or something just to get this **** rolling!!! If anyone can put up a house or garage just let us know, I'll try to find a spot but everyone else keep a look out for a spot in Chula.....

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
**** it!!! Cause all we need is a garage or something just to get this **** rolling!!! If anyone can put up a house or garage just let us know, I'll try to find a spot but everyone else keep a look out for a spot in Chula.....
whoa man chill
i have been absent from the boards (until now) but im goin down to hilltop and see if they can loan us their cafeteria or drama room even kellogg elementary might work out well for this type of thing i would volunteer my place but my parents said no

ANYONE WHO HAS READ THIS POST HAS TO GO FIND A PLACE AND TELL 10 OTHER PEOPLE OR SOMETHING BAD FROM WILL HAPPEN TO YOU (like in those annoying chain emails)

lol

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
whoa man chill
i have been absent from the boards (until now) but im goin down to hilltop and see if they can loan us their cafeteria or drama room even kellogg elementary might work out well for this type of thing i would volunteer my place but my parents said no

ANYONE WHO HAS READ THIS POST HAS TO GO FIND A PLACE AND TELL 10 OTHER PEOPLE OR SOMETHING BAD FROM WILL HAPPEN TO YOU (like in those annoying chain emails)

lol
Yeah aight then cause I would put up my house but I cant either...... Just let me know of anything new!

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
ATTENTION TO ALL SAN DIEGO SMASHERS!!!

Alright, I've been talking to a guy from "Gamers Universe" here in SD, and he's been wanting to get a Brawl tournament going. He wants me to find out how many people would be interested in going to this tournament? It would be the same as a tri-weekly with cash prizes and even some prizes provided by their sponsors. We would still have to bring Wii's and copies of Brawl to this thing. Also, (Dont quote me on this) early June there will be a Gears of War, Halo 3, and Call of Duty 4 tournament at Gamers Universe which representatives from MLG (Major League Gaming) will be attending. So if we can get everything organized and scheduled we might be able to squeez in Super Smash Brothers Brawl in that same period. So I just need to know how many people would be interested in attending so if this tournament does happen we'll know how many to expect, and we can get this done. I will update when I get more info if this ends up happening....

For more info on Gamers Universe visit http://www.gamersuniversesd.com/ or call (619) 543-0800

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
And just a lil update for the tournament at Gamers Universe. The date is set for May 3rd. I will have flyers at that next triweekly and I will be passing them out ,and I'll be posting it up on the forums here. You should expect it up like in about a week....

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL TOURNAMENT

Date: May 3, 2008

Time: 1:00 P.M. (12:00-1:00 P.M. set-up and friendlys)

(5269 Linda Vista Rd., San Diego Ca. 92110)

Events: Single's And Double's

Fee: $10-Singles Entry and $10-Doubles Entry ($5 Per person)

Pot Distribution: 1st-60%, 2nd-30%, 3rd-10%

Rules: 8 minute time limit, 3 stock, items off, and team attack on

Allowed Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Smashville, Yoshi's Island, Castle Siege, Corneria, Delfino Plaza, and Luigi's Mansion

(Each player or team will choose a stage once. From there all stages will be chosen at random from the allowed stages.)

(*NOTE)

PLEASE BRING WII's And Copies Of Brawl

If you can, call and let us know ahead of time if you will be bringing a WII or A Copy of Brawl so we can make a note of it. And of course bring your own controller. GameCube controllers only!

More Info: Call "Gamers Universe" (619) 543-0800 or visit http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=637

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
allright brawl at gamers universe i hope i can make it

in a story i presented you not that long ago hilltop just got back to me and they say that their cafeteria was not available for this anytime soon (saturdays schools are starting to be done on sundays as well from 8 to 12) and the drama room at hilltop was a second option but i have to ask the drama teacher and she would have to bid for us to the principal. the people at kellogg have not called me back but im hoping it turns out well (cuz its like two blocks from my house) anyways ill keep you informed about this stuff
also if u got time check or call the community center near chula high next to their football field (cuz i know i cant)

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
bump
also on the other chula thread there seems to be some activity so you might want to check it out and can any one in CV give me a ride to the next tourney at UCSD since i have recent movility issues

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
bump
also on the other chula thread there seems to be some activity so you might want to check it out and can any one in CV give me a ride to the next tourney at UCSD since i have recent movility issues
Well the next tournament is the one at gamers universe and its in 2 weeks and its actually closer than having to go to UCSD. Plus the triweekly isnt for another 3 weeks......

prinnykurtis

Smash Rookie
I decided to give brawl another try and the first thing I see is this thread, awesome. I also go to swc and my friend used to bring a portable dvd player and a cube to the student center at swc. I don't think thats a problem. We did take it to the library once and while we didn't get in trouble, the librarian gave us a mean look. My friend's bday is on may 3rd so I don't think I can make that tournament. I live near Plaza Bonita and really could use some comp. It would be really cool if we could have a scene here. They hold some awesome tourneys at UCSD but its a very long trip for us here in Chula.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
a newcomer huh
well thats awesome, and thats the whole idea of the chula thread to build a good local scene
if ur good to play anytime soon PM me and well see where it goes

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
I decided to give brawl another try and the first thing I see is this thread, awesome. I also go to swc and my friend used to bring a portable dvd player and a cube to the student center at swc. I don't think thats a problem. We did take it to the library once and while we didn't get in trouble, the librarian gave us a mean look. My friend's bday is on may 3rd so I don't think I can make that tournament. I live near Plaza Bonita and really could use some comp. It would be really cool if we could have a scene here. They hold some awesome tourneys at UCSD but its a very long trip for us here in Chula.
Yeah man like ive been saying to everyone Im down to smash it up whenever just give me a time and a location and ill see if im not doing anything..... if anyone has AIM just hit me up my SN is M4 K1ll3r so just let me know!

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
blast i cant go to the GU tourney
i want ro roll up into a little ball and die
dont matter i havent played brawl in like a month so huh (cpus are not worthy of my time)
ooooh my friend told me that there was going to be a tuorney in tj so ill keep u guys posted on that
to finish off i know that the next triweekly is in like 2 weeks (or 1?) but can anyone give me a ride 2 dat

Hall

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I figured since there is a Chula Vista thread I'd make myself known. My buddy and I have also been looking in to venues for a CV smashfest.

@supermario27mx~ What else can you tell me about SWC? I'm also a student there and when I asked around I was told I'd have to speak with the heads of the different departments to find a room. I was also told that the student center wouldn't allow us to set up inside. If we are able to host at SWC then parking shouldn't be a problem as Friday and Saturday we can park for free after 4:30PM and Sundays are free.

I've also been meaning to look in to a place around 3rd avenue. If I get the time I'll investigate and post.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I figured since there is a Chula Vista thread I'd make myself known. My buddy and I have also been looking in to venues for a CV smashfest.

@supermario27mx~ What else can you tell me about SWC? I'm also a student there and when I asked around I was told I'd have to speak with the heads of the different departments to find a room. I was also told that the student center wouldn't allow us to set up inside. If we are able to host at SWC then parking shouldn't be a problem as Friday and Saturday we can park for free after 4:30PM and Sundays are free.

I've also been meaning to look in to a place around 3rd avenue. If I get the time I'll investigate and post.
Aight Hall thanks a lot man! We appreciate it, and yeah just give us a location if you find one and SWC would be great or even around 3rd. But also a thought what about like the boys and girls club is there any way they can lend us a room or something??? Cause isnt it by Chula Vista High???

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
welcome to the CV thread

@supermario27mx~ What else can you tell me about SWC?
cool a newcomer!!
bout SWC i have been told to ask department heads but i have not been able to schedule anything since this whole chula thing started, i have also been told to talk to the GOTY club chairman but i cant get a hold of him, i heard of some guy that brought his cube to the student centre and they didnt tell him anything, same thing with the library downstairs studyrooms (actually me and my cousin played there once) i would reccomend finding a spot and keeping us posted even ur place might work out for this type of thing since the boss uses his house to host some smashfests

Hall

Smash Ace
I'll keep you posted on SWC, and as far as my place is concerned that probably won't be happening as my home is not only a neat-o place to live but a daycare as well.

Top Bottom