• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Hall

Smash Ace
I asked around and got an email for public relations. Just waiting for a response now.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
yo hall
u gotta talk to some ursula lady cuz the department heads arent in charge of the booking and that junk
i finally talked to someone that knew something

Hall

Smash Ace
Gotcha. The person I emailed was a Nevada Smith of public relations (no response yet). If I have the time I'll poke around for an Ursula, but with finals coming up I think the two of us might be a little pressed.

Edit: I actually sent an email to this person on March 28 and I still haven't received a reply. I thought it was a dead end, but the way things are looking now our best chance is to either meet with her in person or find another venue.

Hall

Smash Ace
The only problem with having it at someone's house is that so far the only people suggesting it (myself included) can not make available our homes for one reason or another. Until someone else comes along and offers we're better off either searching elsewhere or resigning to other already established venues (UCSD tri-weeklies and such.

Btw dreamhack, I really should mention that the Gamer's Universe tournament went pretty well. It's good to know there's another place to smash relatively close by.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Btw dreamhack, I really should mention that the Gamer's Universe tournament went pretty well. It's good to know there's another place to smash relatively close by.
Yeah see thats why I want to start a smash scene in Chula cause I dont think its fair to the smashers down here to have to travel up there. Even though Gamers Universe is a lil closer than UCSD but its still a lil ways away......

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
Ohh actually i didnt knew about this thread...

anyways.. i live in tijuana but i study at swc..
bueno ps ahora ya sabes de este foro
vas a ir al torneo del cecut del 17
yo tambien voy al southwestern pero llevo ya un rato viviendo aca
por cierto acabo de postear en el smash mex bajo el nombre de mario ahi me encontraras en el thread del torneo del cecut

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL TOURNAMENT

Date: June 7, 2008

Time: 1:00 P.M. (12:00-1:00 P.M. set-up and friendlys)

(5269 Linda Vista Rd., San Diego Ca. 92110)

Events: Single's And Double's

Fee: $10-Singles Entry and $10-Doubles Entry ($5 Per person)

Pot Distribution: 1st-60%, 2nd-30%, 3rd-10%

Rules: 8 minute time limit, 3 stock, items off, and team attack on

Neutral Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter Picks: Brinstar, Castle Siege, Corneria, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Green Greens, Halberd, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 1, Rainbow Cruise, Skyworld

Banned Stages: 75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Mario Bros., Mario Circuit, Mushroomy Kingdom, Norfair, Onett, Pictochat, Pokemon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses Island, Spear Pillar, Summit, Temple, WarioWare, Inc., Yoshi's Island

First stage is selected at random from the neutral stages
Second stage selection goes to loser
IF there's a third, then it goes to the loser of the Second match

(*NOTE)

PLEASE BRING WII's, Brawl's, and TV's

If you can, call and let us know ahead of time if you will be bringing a WII or A Copy of Brawl so we can make a note of it. And of course bring your own controller. GameCube controllers only! Also just in case bring some tv's as a back up if we need more tv's.

More Info: Call "Gamers Universe" (619) 543-0800 or visit http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=854

noobmaster

Smash Apprentice
does anyone know if bones is in IB today??????
i needa get some practice in for next week
dreamhack/hal/aioria u down for some smash
hey, i'm going to the tournament in tj next saturday... maybe we can practice sometime next week, just pm me when u can...

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Hey let me know of some melee tournaments cause I prefer to play melee over brawl..... So let me know if anyone wants to meet and get some practice in? But again I live in Eastlake but I go to school in IB on Palm Ave. so anyone who wants to play let me know.....

eastlake person

Smash Cadet
ya we could prob host some melee tournaments or some **** in my garage (eastlake)

no brawl, i don't like it.

let me kno if u want to set something up

LHG

Smash Journeyman
ya we could prob host some melee tournaments or some **** in my garage (eastlake)

MC TO THE P. THIS GUY.

Yo man, if you're Brawl anti man, come to the UCSD Melee Triweekly. You know you want to. :laugh:

Hall

Smash Ace
If finals and so many tests weren't coming up for I'd be down for some casual play. After it ends maybe? Also, there seem to be a couple SWC smashers around. The school year is ending, but we've got a good get-together opportunity going here.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
the chula venue we have been looking for???

dude i would get creamed at melee in my current state but im still down just to see how bad i got, im down for some melee or smash in general
plus if u can host that is great just set the time and day and id be there
anyone else????

GriM.

Smash Rookie
So.. whos going to the COSPLAY Smash(Meele & Brawl) Tourney @ TJ this next saturday ? I heard its going to be packed.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
mario returns to a tj tournament!!!

So.. whos going to the COSPLAY Smash(Meele & Brawl) Tourney @ TJ this next saturday ? I heard its going to be packed.
im going and probably a friend and my bro, but im probably just entering brawl since coppetiton is more even at the time
i am very far from my best level in melee but i think i can still do some stuff take out noobs (i hope so, ill retire from melee if i dont)
and yes its going to be packed

GriM.

Smash Rookie
@Gamers Universe June 7

$20 Singles.. damm thats alot of cash right there.. winners are gonna be very happy... ^^

$BONE$

Smash Ace
does anyone know if bones is in IB today??????
i needa get some practice in for next week
dreamhack/hal/aioria u down for some smash
I WAS IN IMPERIAL BEACH LAST WEEKEND.
I wont be there this weekend though, due to a Brawl tournament.

DEAR MEXICALI FRIENDS,

Please inform me more of your tournaments. I want to meet more of you all. I remember you guys being really talented. I'm usually near you guys on the weekends, unfortunately I wont be able to make it to this one on Saturday due to me being in LA on Saturday prior to UCLA. Good luck with the tournament though. P.S. Do I need my passport to cross the boarder now?

You have my number!
El hombre no puede volar pero puede soñar.

Edit : AUGH! I Totally would go to this but, I just made plans for my weekend! I wish I knew earlier so that I could have made the time for it. You guys should try getting a hold of Rickety, he might be free this weekend for all I know. He's always been trying to get San Diego smashers to go to your tournaments.

Aioria

Smash Cadet

DEAR MEXICALI FRIENDS,

Please inform me more of your tournaments. I want to meet more of you all. I remember you guys being really talented. I'm usually near you guys on the weekends, unfortunately I wont be able to make it to this one on Saturday due to me being in LA on Saturday prior to UCLA. Good luck with the tournament though. P.S. Do I need my passport to cross the boarder now?

You have my number!
El hombre no puede volar pero puede soñar.

Edit : AUGH! I Totally would go to this but, I just made plans for my weekend! I wish I knew earlier so that I could have made the time for it. You guys should try getting a hold of Rickety, he might be free this weekend for all I know. He's always been trying to get San Diego smashers to go to your tournaments.
Hi Bone, do you remember me? Im pablo

Im the guy who used Marth/Fox/Falco at the game raven triweekly when we met...(or something like that)

You sent me to losers bracket and I went against rick on the losers finals

Well whenever you want to come you are welcome.. but im not sure if you still play melee? i dont play brawl... still some others play brawl... but melee is still the prefered one.

Btw... Mexicali is another city, Tijuana is our city.. xD.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
. P.S. Do I need my passport to cross the boarder now?

You have my number!
El hombre no puede volar pero puede soñar

ooooh that sucks u were in ib last weekend, i wanted to play one of the better placed brawl players @ the GU tourney and ur not attending the tj tourney
yes u need a passport if ur a us national (u are one right???)
that is a neruda quote right????
tell rick, he might be good to go or something

edit : i forgot, ill add it on another post

$BONE$

Smash Ace
**** bone I played you in Brawl now I gotta go up against you in Melee which is my stronger game. Man I was getting annoyed with your Peach! LOL!!!
LOL. I get that a lot. I'm worse now that I camp.

ooooh that sucks u were in ib last weekend, and ur not attending the tj tourney
yes u need a passport as a us national
that is a neruda quote right????
tell rick im sure he could do stuff (or at least think about it)
I'll try to tell rick about it. I'm in Imperial Beach every weekend. With this weekend to an exception. I forgot where that quote is from. My Spanish is horrible either way. LOL.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
I might go to the TJ tournament but if I do I need to get some practice in for melee cause If I go imma do just the melee..... The tournament is this saturday right???

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
smashers ASSEMBLE!!! but where?

I might go to the TJ tournament but if I do I need to get some practice in for melee cause If I go imma do just the melee..... The tournament is this saturday right???
correct this saturday the 17th
sounds like a melee smashfest at ???
i need to polish up ASAP for saturday seing how i havent played melee in a while and brawl in like a month

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
correct this saturday the 17th
sounds like a melee smashfest at ???
i need to polish up ASAP for saturday seing how i havent played melee in a while and brawl in like a month
Yeah whenever you wanna play you can come to my house which is like 5, 10 minutes tops from SWC..... But again you would need to bring the system and controllers! Just let me know what you think?

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
its on

Yeah whenever you wanna play you can come to my house which is like 5, 10 minutes tops from SWC..... But again you would need to bring the system and controllers! Just let me know what you think?
im currently out one cube but im down ill probably get it back this week (or tomorow) i loaned it to a friend w/melee

$BONE$

Smash Ace
I'll give you guys some practice Friday evening if you guys want.
I'll find out what Romeo is doing this week.. despite the fact he never plays.

Top Bottom