• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Hall

Smash Ace
Also, Hall does have a point too but what about when to people are playing with the wii remote on different systems then what happens???
As long as your wiimote is synced to the wii you're playing on wires shouldn't be crossed. I think the biggest problem is just people leaving their wiimotes on when they aren't playing.

Basic

Smash Cadet
As long as your wiimote is synced to the wii you're playing on wires shouldn't be crossed. I think the biggest problem is just people leaving their wiimotes on when they aren't playing.

Thanks for bringing that up because I'm only comfortable playing with the Wiimote. I can barely get by with the GC controller. :/

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
Yeah man 4 reals! Your snake, Mind Games!!! LOL! Just let me know when you can play and I'll stop by plus its on my way home so its all good.... And ill help you put together the tournament at your house then. So it can run a lot smoother.
who else showed up to that???

umm for the tourney i'll just make stages/counterpicks w/e the same rules as UCSD
fee would be $5 for singles, idk if we'd have enough for a good doubles bracket, we'll see.
winners: 60/30/10
warp-up/sign-up at 11 and start at 12-1230 end wheneva
and you can post my address and **** on the 1st page if u want, aim is HikaruTorii
when do u guys want to start this? as in what day
anyday seems good right now u just gotta be available

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
It was just me yesterday and some of his friends.....
so did u guys talk about the organizing the tourney at his place because its great that its happening
also a friend who went to the tj tourney is pretty bummed about what happened out so he's thinking about hosting at his place dude lives like a block from my house here in chula

TRA~

Smash Rookie
Attn all Chula Vista, Tijuana, San Diego (anyone for that matter) brawlers.

First and foremost, this is strictly to start getting a solid community together since Chula Vista doesn't look like it has anything organized. I took UCLA's basic tournament structure since I'm sure it's proven to be a good way to run one. Since it's at my house I would actually need some cooperation from fellow Chula Vista/San Diego players, I can provide a couple TV's but I would still need more TV's, Wii's, and copies of Brawl as well. Like I said I want it to be a community thing so I would like some suggestions please.

I will continue to host these every week if there is enough people that like it.

With enough interest we can commence Doubles as well, but lets start with singles.

Chula Vista weeklies (Brawl) Starting June 22!

When:
June 22, 2008
11:00 AM Sign up's Start
1:00 PM Tournament will start
The tournament will end whenever it needs to.

Where:

My house
1326 Whitaker Avenue
Chula Vista, CA, 91911

Tournament Rules:

Singles:
Double Elimination (winners/loser brackets)
Items OFF
8:00 Time Limit
3 stock
All Sets are Best 2 out of 3
All Finals are Best 3 out of 5

Rules:
-Respect everyone
-Abide by all the rules
-Wii mote controller setups will be used at owner's risk. Disconnections and/or batteries dying are at your consequence.

Stages:

Neutrals (both players agree to the first level):

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks (loser picks this):

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom
Norfair
Onett
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses Island
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
Summit
Temple
WarioWare, Inc.
Yoshi's Island

Entry Fee and Pot Distribution:
$6.00 - Singles Entry

Singles: 1st 60% - 2nd 30% - 3rd 10%

**** All of the money will go towards the tournament winners
**** Nothing and no characters are banned.

Carlos (619) 921-9043
Leave msg's if I don't pick up.
im down to go i live on Telegraph Canyon RD not far at all, if it goes down im pretty sure ill be able to bring a Wii and copy of Brawl if needed

Hall

Smash Ace
im back from the tj tourney which was cancelled on account of bad planning and the organizers unplugging the power source for the tvs/systems for other events (street fighter/guilty gear were cancelled as well)
^ Never happened apparently.

Basic

Smash Cadet
Roalbez, hit me up on AIM if you're still down to play on Wednesday, later today around 3? Or PM me.

GriM.

Smash Rookie
Anything happening this next weekend in the Chula Vista Area ?

Does anybody fee like brawling this next friday/saturday ? (May 23th & 24), im freking tired of beating level 9 comps.

PM me if something is going down this weekend.

Hall

Smash Ace
Roalbez~ Dude, you live on Whitaker? I live on Biernacki! We're in walking distance from each other!

RoalbeZ

Smash Cadet
lol Hall that's awesome, hey you wanna play today? Im'm pretty sure basic will come over, dreamhack is down as well. So yea i don't work today so anyone who wants to smash it up at my place is all good.

where's Biernacki? lol

I'll be home like at 1-2 pm today so yea.

Hall

Smash Ace
Biernacki is a coul-de-sac directly across from the boy's and girl's club. And I'll show up today.

RoalbeZ

Smash Cadet
Fer sure hall, Id rather go by havok but someone took the name! ugh lol

Anytime, same to dreamhack and basic haha

Basic

Smash Cadet
Fer sure hall, Id rather go by havok but someone took the name! ugh lol

Anytime, same to dreamhack and basic haha
Hey Roalbez, thanks for having us over the other day. That was some fun brawl and that little tourney was cool too. We'll do that again sometime.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
wow, an active smash scene in south san diego!
we should have our own tournament biweekly!
sound great
we just need roalbez or mcp (eastlake person) to be able to do stuff soon (or anyone that can for that matter)
btw i think im good to play if ur in ib this weekend (like i said in the other post)

$BONE$

Smash Ace
sound great
we just need roalbez or mcp (eastlake person) to be able to do stuff soon (or anyone that can for that matter)
btw i think im good to play if ur in ib this weekend (like i said in the other post)
i'll be at the triweekly this saturday, GO TO THAT.

RoalbeZ

Smash Cadet
anyone wanna come over tomorrow morning for some practice, i need it for sunday at FFA's.

I go to work at 5:30 pm tomorrow soooo anything earlier than 4 pm its all good. Anyone?

Basic

Smash Cadet
anyone wanna come over tomorrow morning for some practice, i need it for sunday at FFA's.

I go to work at 5:30 pm tomorrow soooo anything earlier than 4 pm its all good. Anyone?

I MIGHT be able to, if I get out of work early. I'll call you if anything though.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
sounds good man, this is RoalbeZ, its just I go by this everywhere else so yea. New account. Woooo!

hey, supermario27mx, can you change the name on the first post to Havok? thanks man

supermario27mx

Smash Ace

sounds great i think i can make it
and thanks to bone for reminding me bout the triweekly i just need a ride to that
and the 1st post says havok now (check it out now!!!)

Top Bottom