• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

RoalbeZ

Smash Cadet
Oh yea i'm thinking about hosting weekly tournaments at my place, is anyone interested?

this is a msg i sent to PKskyler

'Holding like weekly's at my place, I have 42 inch tv and a 50 inch. Every sunday or something. I mean i don't mind having a lot of people over (its my parents place and they wouldn't mind), so the more the merrier kinda deal you know?

We can have a pot and winnings can be distributed like (we can talk this over)
1st %60
2nd %30
3rd %10

All we need is some cooperation from people, some tv's wii's, people BYO controller kinda deal.

And it doesn't matter what time this can end because my parents won't care and I don't have school since im out now.
Any suggestions? What do you think? "

I would not keep anything from the pot, purely for the people. This can be a great way to get practice and so forth. =)

GriM.

Smash Rookie
Oh yea i'm thinking about hosting weekly tournaments at my place, is anyone interested?

'Holding like weekly's at my place, I have 42 inch tv and a 50 inch. Every sunday or something. I mean i don't mind having a lot of people over (its my parents place and they wouldn't mind), so the more the merrier kinda deal you know?

1st %60
2nd %30
3rd %10

All we need is some cooperation from people, some tv's wii's, people BYO controller kinda deal.

And it doesn't matter what time this can end because my parents won't care and I don't have school since im out now.

I would not keep anything from the pot, purely for the people. This can be a great way to get practice and so forth. =)
Sounds good... Sadly i cant this sunday.. [Finals Week] But after thise week ill make sure to give ya a call and we'll see what happens.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace

1st %60
2nd %30
3rd %10

Yeah im down! Im pretty sure im not doing anything tomorrow so yeah im in..... So from 1 p.m. to whenever then????

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
I'm cool with brawl or melee even though if it's melee I'll be coming to get whooped I've lost L canceling and short hopping to brawl lol

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
im back from the tj tourney which was cancelled on account of bad planning and the organizers unplugging the power source for the tvs/systems for other events (street fighter/guilty gear were cancelled as well)
my bro was ****** some dude using snake when the power went off

I'm cool with brawl or melee even though if it's melee I'll be coming to get whooped I've lost L canceling and short hopping to brawl lol
dont worry about it man i got bad at melee as well
if i recall i got 4 stocked twice by eastlake person and once by anto
like i said ur not the only one who got bad

EDIT: sorry roalbez i cant make it to ur place tomorrow im way too busy but ill see if its cool later on
lol chivas is losing to monterrey lol

GriM.

Smash Rookie
Brawl Tourney @ TJ was horrible.. 6 hours under the sun waiting in line for it to start >.<. And yeah.. the tourney never actually happened.
And no, the organizers did not unplug the power.. it was some kind of power malfunction. [power went down for some weird reason]

Ill post more details later.. 2:40 am >.<

RoalbeZ

Smash Cadet
that's fine, I just want to test the waters and see who shows up. Yea 6 pm is fine.

Edit: i have 3 controllers

mrbr0wn1e

Smash Cadet
Wow, if this becomes a regular meeting/tournament, I'll sure go and check it out, since I live in TJ, the line to cross it's a really pain in the ***. BTW I was too fried up for 6 long hours under the sun at Japonawa'08 (or Cosplay'08, or CECUT'08, why do they keep changing the name? :p) just so at the end we don't get to play. I was so looking forward to it, since it would be the first time my team would get to play a doubles tournament :'(

RoalbeZ

Smash Cadet
brawl, i never played melee lol

hey i can pick you up at the border, vienes de san ysidro O otay?

eastlake person give me a call first 619-921-9043

I'm going to make my thread as soon as I figure out some more details.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
brawl, i never played melee lol

hey i can pick you up at the border, vienes de san ysidro O otay?

eastlake person give me a call first 619-921-9043

I'm going to make my thread as soon as I figure out some more details.
Hey Roalbez try not to make a new thread because we have plenty of SD/Chula Threads already up. But its good that were starting up the Chula Smash scene now cause b4 it was all talk and now we have players taking action to set-up some kind of smashing scene here in Chula..... Let me know when your holding another one and I'll be down. Except, for next Sunday cause thats the day for my schools "Prom".

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
grim and mrbr0wn1ie u dudes went to japonawa??? (why do they always change the event name???)
my bro started ****** some snake user and the lights went out
ya ni la chingan
and roalbez please dont start another thread (like dreamhack said) since the chula scene is basically non existent and we should just gather up first to establish the chula scene
just post the details and il edit the 1st post along with some of eastlakeperson's info (if its cool w/ him)

the 1st post needs to be edited since it is very outdated

RoalbeZ

Smash Cadet
Chula Vista, SoCal Weeklies Starting 6/22

Attn all Chula Vista, Tijuana, San Diego (anyone for that matter) brawlers.

First and foremost, this is strictly to start getting a solid community together since Chula Vista doesn't look like it has anything organized. I took UCLA's basic tournament structure since I'm sure it's proven to be a good way to run one. Since it's at my house I would actually need some cooperation from fellow Chula Vista/San Diego players, I can provide a couple TV's but I would still need more TV's, Wii's, and copies of Brawl as well. Like I said I want it to be a community thing so I would like some suggestions please.

I will continue to host these every week if there is enough people that like it.

With enough interest we can commence Doubles as well, but lets start with singles.

Chula Vista weeklies (Brawl) Starting June 22!

When:
June 22, 2008
11:00 AM Sign up's Start
1:00 PM Tournament will start
The tournament will end whenever it needs to.

Where:

My house
1326 Whitaker Avenue
Chula Vista, CA, 91911

Tournament Rules:

Singles:
Double Elimination (winners/loser brackets)
Items OFF
8:00 Time Limit
3 stock
All Sets are Best 2 out of 3
All Finals are Best 3 out of 5

Rules:
-Respect everyone
-Abide by all the rules
-Wii mote controller setups will be used at owner's risk. Disconnections and/or batteries dying are at your consequence.

Stages:

Neutrals (both players agree to the first level):

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks (loser picks this):

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom
Norfair
Onett
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses Island
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
Summit
Temple
WarioWare, Inc.
Yoshi's Island

Entry Fee and Pot Distribution:
$6.00 - Singles Entry

Singles: 1st 60% - 2nd 30% - 3rd 10%

**** All of the money will go towards the tournament winners
**** Nothing and no characters are banned.

call or text
Carlos (619) 288-7828
Leave msg's if I don't pick up.

Basic

Smash Cadet
Sounds good

Nice, sounds like a good thing Roalbez set something up cause I wouldn't want to drive to UCSD for triweeklies. I'm interested in the weeklies and I'm pretty sure I can provide a copy of Brawl and maybe even a Wii.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
finally.

And with that, we start something that I've been dying for since 2004. Thank you.

I'll show up.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace

First and foremost, this is strictly to start getting a solid community together since Chula Vista doesn't look like it has anything organized. I took UCLA's basic tournament structure since I'm sure it's proven to be a good way to run one. Since it's at my house I would actually need some cooperation from fellow Chula Vista players, I can provide a couple TV's but I would still need more TV's, Wii's, and copies of Brawl as well. Like I said I want to be a community thing so I would like some suggestions please.

I will continue to host these every week if there is enough people that like it.

With enough interest we can commence Doubles as well, but lets start with singles.

When:
June 22, 2008
11:00 PM Sign up's Start

Where:

My house
1326 Whitaker Avenue
Chula Vista, CA, 91911

Tournament Rules:

Singles:
Double Elimination
Items OFF
3 stock

Rules:
-Respect everyone
-Abide by all the rules
-

Stages:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks:

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom
Norfair
Onett
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses Island
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
Summit
Temple
WarioWare, Inc.
Yoshi's Island

$6.00 - Singles Entry

Carlos (619) 921-9043
Yeah Roalbez thats sounds good man! Again if you need help I can help you put these together cause I know a few things about hosting tourneys and putting them together as well.... Like I said im more than happy to help you out just give me a holla if you need it!!!

Basic

Smash Cadet
Typos?

First and foremost, this is strictly to start getting a solid community together since Chula Vista doesn't look like it has anything organized. I took UCLA's basic tournament structure since I'm sure it's proven to be a good way to run one. Since it's at my house I would actually need some cooperation from fellow Chula Vista players, I can provide a couple TV's but I would still need more TV's, Wii's, and copies of Brawl as well. Like I said I want to be a community thing so I would like some suggestions please.

When:
June 22, 2008
11:00 PM Sign up's Start

Where:

My house
1326 Whitaker Avenue
Chula Vista, CA, 91911

Tournament Rules:

Singles:
Double Elimination
Items OFF
3 stock

Rules:
-Respect everyone
-Abide by all the rules
-

Stages:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks:

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom
Norfair
Onett
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses Island
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
Summit
Temple
WarioWare, Inc.
Yoshi's Island

$6.00 - Singles Entry

Carlos (619) 921-9043

For the scheduled time for sign up, it should be 11 AM not PM right? I was also wondering if we would be able to use the Wiimote + Nunchuk? I know in some tourneys you can only use the Gamecube controller, which I'm bad at using. Just wanted to know

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
1ST POST IS UPDATED (check it out now)

dude eastlake if u decide to start hosting melee wheneveries (?) post it and ill edit the 1 st post agian w/ ur info

allrite it looks like we can get some stuff going in the area!!!

RoalbeZ

Smash Cadet
Yea that's fine. Just be aware that if your batteries give out on you or a disconnection happens, that is the risk you run.

Yea for sure dreamhack, thanks. One thing I would absolutely like for you to do is: Show up! That way you can give me some feedback on how things are, what we can do to make it better, etc etc

RoalbeZ

Smash Cadet
hey eastlake, you want me to include your melee stuff on my flyer's? Give me all the details and i'll set it up.

Two birds < One Stone

oh hey dreamhack, I know you said don't make another thread but should I post this on the "tournament listings" I think a lot more people look into those.

oh and fixed typos

-will add wii/nunchuck tidbit

eastlake person

Smash Cadet
i'm smashing today at my house if anyone wants to come, doesnt have to be a smashfest or anything.

and ill post the details and stuff later

Basic

Smash Cadet
Any free time?

Hey Roalbez, are you available anytime during the weekdays next week? I can free some time during the afternoons if you want to practice then? Hit me up on my AIM sn on my profile. I haven't played anyone in a long time and I'm looking for practice.

RoalbeZ

Smash Cadet
how about today? we're practicing for the FFA tournament. We got nothing else to do today XD

edit: nvm, people left. I'm bored anyone wanna play?

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Yea for sure dreamhack, thanks. One thing I would absolutely like for you to do is: Show up! That way you can give me some feedback on how things are, what we can do to make it better, etc etc
Yeah I'll be done just I can't this sunday but other than that im done for it..... But I wanted to ask you how are you gonna do the brackets by hand or what? Cause you should have the Tio tournament organizer. Which makes everything run completely smoother when it comes to tournaments Heres the Link so you can DL and check it out? http://allisbrawl.com/tio/

Oh hey dreamhack, I know you said don't make another thread but should I post this on the "tournament listings" I think a lot more people look into those.

oh and fixed typos

-will add wii/nunchuck tidbit
If your gonna have more than 1 wii you really shouldnt have the wii remote cause sometimes it can get crossed with other wii's but you can allow it I guesse but just make sure that if it happens to disconnect it and make him use a cube controller. And when you meant your own thread you meant just little local tournamets? If its for chula you kinda shouldn't cause there's 2 chula threads, A San Diego Love thread, One for National City/Chula/Spring Valley, and I have my Gamers Universe Thread so I think you should just stick to this thread if you can? Besides most of the players going to these tourneys that were gonna have are gonna be from the south bay anyway so they'll see it in this thread....

RoalbeZ

Smash Cadet
ok so dream has a point, we don't want freak matches with wiimotes crossing and whutnot. So im going to investigate a little more and see what info I can come up with on the subject.

eastlake person

Smash Cadet
umm for the tourney i'll just make stages/counterpicks w/e the same rules as UCSD

fee would be $5 for singles, idk if we'd have enough for a good doubles bracket, we'll see.

winners: 60/30/10

warp-up/sign-up at 11 and start at 12-1230 end wheneva

and you can post my address and **** on the 1st page if u want, aim is HikaruTorii

when do u guys want to start this? as in what day

Hall

Smash Ace
ok so dream has a point, we don't want freak matches with wiimotes crossing and whutnot. So im going to investigate a little more and see what info I can come up with on the subject.
All you need to make sure something like that doesn't happen is some wireless etiquette. Syncing doesn't take long if you do it properly and one at a time. I myself just take out the batteries when I'm not playing and I haven't gotten crossed with another wii yet while syncing.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
gg's today dreamhack lol
Yeah man 4 reals! Your snake, Mind Games!!! LOL! Just let me know when you can play and I'll stop by plus its on my way home so its all good.... And ill help you put together the tournament at your house then. So it can run a lot smoother.

Also, Hall does have a point too but what about when to people are playing with the wii remote on different systems then what happens???

Top Bottom