• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Civil War 4, Richmond, Va Feat: PPMD and Cacti Streaming: twitch.tv/bifuteki

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Every single person from sova should be at this.

I don't wanna hear no johns. Its time they went out of their little bubble.

This should be so easy to fill up

25ish Richmond entrants
~25ish NoVa/MD entrants
~15ish SoVa entrants
~15ish NC entrants
~15ish random FGC people (I'd expect a lot more actually if this is properly advertised around campus. College bros love to play some smash)
~5 WVA

Thats 100 right there. E-Z P-Z.

Tell OoR folks about this and we can blow it up some more.

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
I have updated the first post with the hotel info. We also will be using the Apex ruleset. I'm still am not sure about how to handle ties in pools and since that was a problem at Apex I will address it. What do you all think?
When I run pools (groups) I always count total match scores. For example 3-0 is better than 3-2.

Then the tie breaking process is as follows

1) Total set wins.

2) if two people are tied in total set wins, tiebreak goes to the victor in their head to head match.

3)If more than two people are tied in set wins (i.e. A beat B beat C beat A), winning % is calculated by calculating total number of games won vs lost.

For example, let's say we're doing best of 3's and there's 9 players in a group. 3 players tie for 3rd with 5 set wins and 3 set losses.

Player A has a record 12-7 .631 win %
Player B has a record of 12-10 .545 win %
Player C has a record of 13-8 .619 win %

Player A advances. The extra loss hurt more than the extra win helped.

As an organizer I would try to keep the score counts private to a degree. You don't want players colluding and dropping games on purpose to give their friends tie breaks.

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
im planning on taking the bus/train to get here, is anybody offering housing for out of state peeps? PM me if your interested in helping me out plox
I'd lean to the bus. The greyhound station is literally a 20 minute walk from the venue.

As far as housing, the hotel rooms are only 59$ a night, so split one w/ some friends.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
lol nobody else is coming from my city and im not sure how if anybody from MA is planning on coming. Its still early thought so im hoping more people from NE notice this tourny

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
When I run pools (groups) I always count total match scores. For example 3-0 is better than 3-2.

Then the tie breaking process is as follows

1) Total set wins.

2) if two people are tied in total set wins, tiebreak goes to the victor in their head to head match.

3)If more than two people are tied in set wins (i.e. A beat B beat C beat A), winning % is calculated by calculating total number of games won vs lost.

For example, let's say we're doing best of 3's and there's 9 players in a group. 3 players tie for 3rd with 5 set wins and 3 set losses.

Player A has a record 12-7 .631 win %
Player B has a record of 12-10 .545 win %
Player C has a record of 13-8 .619 win %

Player A advances. The extra loss hurt more than the extra win helped.

As an organizer I would try to keep the score counts private to a degree. You don't want players colluding and dropping games on purpose to give their friends tie breaks.
Pools in smash are usually 6 people at most so it's hard to keep them private haha. People usually don't collude to get out of pools. People do try bracket trixies though, which I will be careful to avoid. This is a good idea though.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im sure housing can be discussed here, all activity in the thread is good. maybe sage can update OP. with people who need housing.

i gotta say tho $60 a night for the hotel in the venue with a 24 hour freeplay area is sweet as ****

sage if u need any help getting **** done efficiently come tourney time let me know

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
im sure housing can be discussed here, all activity in the thread is good. maybe sage can update OP. with people who need housing.
Yea I don't mind. More activity the better.

sage if u need any help getting **** done efficiently come tourney time let me know
Will do.

I wanna go

NC people try to ride with me plz

hope exams don't get in the way
This is mah kingdom.

maeby a housing thread? for people trying to set-up sharing rooms and what not
You can discuss this here. You're the only person who's brought anything up. Once the thread gets bigger, make another thread. I'll update the first post when more people are trying to find people to share a room with.

Make a facebook event -> invite every smasher you know. I don't care what state they are from.

---->PROFIT

lesssgooo MD/VA
This has been done by Tope already I think.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
You can discuss this here. You're the only person who's brought anything up. Once the thread gets bigger, make another thread. I'll update the first post when more people are trying to find people to share a room with.
yeah lol, im trying to get my housing plans out of the way early. i dont like leaving things for last minute when trying to attend majors.

P.S This tourney needs more advertising :awesome:

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bump for good measure, I'm requesting a sticky, cause this is about to be a big thing.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Sova can bring up 15 people. Richmond is another 15. That's 30 right there already. If nova/md and nc comes I'm pretty sure that'll be 50 total. If you are interested in coming please post to hype up the event.

unknown522

Some guy
I may be able to plan a trip to get there and back for $38. The problems I face so far is that it'd take me like 14+ hours by bus to get there, and would need to get picked up 10 mins away from the venue (apparently there's no local bus that goes from 'the plaza' to the venue). I'd also have to leave from toronto on the thursday to get there, then leave on the monday.

I'm gonna work things out and try to plan a trip

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I may be able to plan a trip to get there and back for $38. The problems I face so far is that it'd take me like 14+ hours by bus to get there, and would need to get picked up 10 mins away from the venue (apparently there's no local bus that goes from 'the plaza' to the venue). I'd also have to leave from toronto on the thursday to get there, then leave on the monday.

There is a bus. You would have to walk a couple of blocks north until you hit broad st and then head west ward on broad st.

http://www.ridegrtc.com/TripPlanner.aspx

Use this to plan out any bus trips you will be doing locally.

Edit: I've updated the first post with more information about traveling to/around richmond. You should check this out Uknown.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer

If you make the trip down, I'll ensure that someone will give you a ride.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I am interested in going to this... but only if Tope promises to teach me the Falcon MU and it intersects nicely with my exam schedule.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Damn, Sage wasn't kidding when he was promoting this is as a major regional; UVA will contribute the modest amount of hype we have to offer.

unknown522

Some guy
Alright. Once my Internet decides to work at home the I'll start planning the trip and purchase the bus tickets.

Hate doing that kind of stuff on a phone

:phone:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The FGC is organizing the streams. You are free to record whatever matches you want to. I'll talk to Renegade about possibly getting you to handle the smash stream things, since I know very little about that stuff. I know that ether and soak have recording setups. You probably should record a couple of matches too Zant.

The FGC is organizing the streams. You are free to record whatever matches you want to. I'll talk to Renegade about possibly getting you to handle the smash stream things, since I know very little about that stuff. I know that ether and soak have recording setups. You probably should record a couple of matches too Zant.
Ideally I'd like to record Melee and SFXT. I will need SFXT to be played on a 720p tv because I can only record off of component cables. I have a 720p TV of my own, but it's only 18.5 inches and the response time is kind of high. I can't stream. What about Redd? Can Redd take care of Smash streams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom