• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CLASH 1 - Results Thread Is Up!

What extra Brawl event would you like to see?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lolwut? It's first week back at school. This was also announced too soon in my opinion. Like right after Ktar when Xanadu is the week before.

:018:

:phone:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yo talwind, is paul comin? trying to figure out teams between me/you/mark/paul
I don't think I can drive Paul, I'm unable to get my mom's SUV for the day so driving 3 people as it is will be tough. I still need to get all the TVs I can. I have 2 that fit in my trunk and I figure I can get 2 more in the car with everyone else. Paul Marshall and maybe some others should try to find another way to get there.

Unless I can borrow Mitri's Jitney. I'll drive it and bring like all 8 TVs I own.

If there's only 3 Melee ToS there I'll let not me team so I can just focus on running the event and Brawl.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Gotm u should play with me so ur not rusty :). GF might be visiting me this weekend so not sure if I can go but if I can ill need a teammate for melee

GOTM

Smash Champion
Gotm u should play with me so ur not rusty :). GF might be visiting me this weekend so not sure if I can go but if I can ill need a teammate for melee
haha yeah i got your facebook message, but when i got it, it said you sent it like yesterday so i was like wtf, haha. i didn't know what day you meant.

sometime this week we should play

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Venue fee here has always been $10, and I have a bunch of discounts to make it more affordable to people.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
That doesn't really answer the question. The venue fee could just be 5.

Never said I was coming to this on aib swf or fb btw. Don't know why my name is on there.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Because it can't be 5? I answered your question. The venue costs money. I added a lot of the replies to this thread as interested in the event. It's not a confirmed list.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So I just did a bunch of work to get the livestream all set up, and I think you guys will enjoy it!

Be sure to watch in HD, it makes viewing the bracket easier. And yes, the stream will be in HD.

[yt]vXS8DES6etY[/yt]

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
That livestream is legit!! I love it when I see other hosts putting dedication into the other details of their tourney. I'd love to be able to do everything myself for my own tournies in the future too so I may be bothering you about this sometime in the future cause that looks just as good as VG's stream.

M@v

Subarashii!
Ok, pretty much confirmed along with berserker. Umbra melon and TKCK are maybes.

Berserker doesnt do teams, so teams anyone? :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm sure there will be a bunch of rides from NJ, ask in the state thread or ask whoever normally takes you to events

Keitaro

Heavy Garbage actually lost money *over $100* from his pocket hosting his tourney at this venue here a while back with 25ish players and a $5 venue fee + discounts. I wouldn't risk going below $10.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
it was either risk losing money, or going $10 and offering discounts - which will bring in more people I think overall to make a better tourney, and more of an incentive for people to bring setups.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
New update everyone, this is pretty exciting!

CLASH is not just a single event, it's a series. To tie the entire series together, I have made both a Website and Facebook Page for the series. These two new parts to the CLASH puzzle work hand-in-hand to deliver a better experience from one event to the next.

Check out the website here

You can still find all the basic tournament information for the CLASH series on SWF and AiB, but for full in-depth coverage this is where you want to go. News and articles pertaining to the CLASH series will not only be posted before and after the event, but during the event as well! All posts made to the website not only live there, as they will be republished to the Official CLASH Series Facebook Page, and republished to my Twitter account. Users may comment on the website and on Facebook, and retweet via Twitter. All three hubs of this information helps to spread to more users, and visitors can instantly share information on the website with buttons to post on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Google+, and Email on every page and post. Expect to see awesome articles about upsets as they happen, full results and analysis on them, and interviews with players.

This isn't the end of todays update... I am presenting the Current Standings feature of the website. Every time someone competes in the Brawl Singles event of a CLASH Tournament, they will be ranked and can find themselves on the CLASH Tournaments Website. This ranking system will use the ELO System as seen in Smash on the Texas PR system. Every player will have an actual number rank given to them, based on head-to-head results with other players, not just by placement number. The Current Standings will be updated after every event on the website, so players can track their score and compare their placement with all other competitors. In the future this may be used for seeding purposes, or for special invitational events - similar to the ending of a circuit.

Bear with us as the website and Facebook Page are still under construction, and are in the early stages of development (just made them within the past 4 hours). As time progresses (especially after the first event), they will grow into a greater hub of information, with more graphics and content to draw in users. In the future I also plan to move the website to a dedicated server, which will give me a lot more freedom to make a fully customizable site.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Heavy Garbage actually lost money *over $100* from his pocket hosting his tourney at this venue here a while back with 25ish players and a $5 venue fee + discounts. I wouldn't risk going below $10.
But HG isn't Chibo. Chibo is established and can pull in numbers easily given a good location(which fits the bill this time)

10 bucks seems to becoming the standard around here for venue and i guess there's not much wrong with that, as long as it's necessary to charge 10 for a local if the venue costs a lot(otherwise, you might as well put in the OP "'i want to make good profit from this event'") I just don't see it fair that there's actually a cheap venue now but we still have to pay 10 when we could just pay 5-7.

150 isn't a lot. Venues around here are 400 for 4 hours. Yes's was 400. That's my issue really. And of course my 'ignorant' opinion since I've never hosted yet.

it was either risk losing money, or going $10 and offering discounts - which will bring in more people I think overall to make a better tourney, and more of an incentive for people to bring setups.
OK. I'm not supporting this event so good luck.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
as of now I'm pretty much confirmed for this ^_^ melee and barlw singles only b/c i'm too poor for teams!

Keitaro

@ Ksizzle: Yes's venue is now $400 but it was about $225 when he used it. They hired the price after he used it saying that they gave him a discounted price and that its actually normally $400.

I do see where you're coming from. I honestly think a host should profit at the same time. The more attendance they get, the more the profit which they can use to pay off helpers, their gas for picking up people, allow discounts to people, etc. Chibo imo puts more than twice the amount of work into prepping for his tourney and based off of his last couple updates its looking like 4 to 5 times as much. Him making only $50 bucks or even $100 off of hosting this would be silly imo.

Decent hosts should be profiting around $100. Good ones $200. Great ones $500 to thousands.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I would rather this discussion not bog down the thread, I'm trying to explain this with Ksizzle privately. I'm open with details but don't find the Tournament Thread to be an appropriate place to discuss finances publicly.

Basically everything Keitaro said is right, and especially related to this event. I just spent like 5-6 hours two nights ago in making the website and Facebook page, and that doesn't include the hours I put into making the livestream, and all the time when I first announced the event, making the logos, planning everything, getting sponsors, and driving to the venue at the crack of dawn from South Jersey before anyone else. Also, I would like some extra money from this event to use for CLASH so I can move the website to a dedicated server, purchase an audio mixer and extra microphone, and more. I already purchased a video splitter and paid for the venue out of my pocket, I can't stand to lose any money since I don't have a job (yet, I start my new job the week after this event), running on whatever money I saved up from my last job in June currently at less than $50.

Glad to hear Umbra, been a while since I saw the whole PSU gang.

The current poll seems to be leaning towards Mid Tiers the entire time (not to mention it's my choice as well :p), so it's looking like that is what is going to happen, but the poll is still going on and the public opinion may change. I probably won't know for 100% which of those things I am doing until the day of the event.

Also when Nairo seemed bummed out about not making it into testing grounds (since he would be top 8 obviously), I'm considering making testing grounds top 16 and doing single elimination - I'll decide on this the day of the event. I'm working on trying to find some sort of small prize for the testing grounds winner, like a bag of swag or something.

Also Jabsy likely won't have their own customized t-shirts in time for this event, but will for CLASH 2 and will be bringing something else for everyone to have for free for CLASH 1.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
^ pretty much this.

Our regional events need to be better organized and planned. Chibo can do that and make it look just as professional. Also there are a lot of expenses that are taken into account not just someone getting the money paying for venue and then profit.

Chibo this will be great for the community keep it up! The more organized and planned out our regionals are the better chance we have at sponsors and cross-pollination ( got that from diem HAHA )

sadly I cannot make this one cause its on the same date as NoJohns ( I am housing MacD so ya xD ) but I will make an effort to come to all Clash events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom