• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash Of Fighters: Angry Shinobi Circus 02/20-21/10 Winthrop Harbor,IL (RESULTS)

Wafles

Smash Lord
I dunno, running elimination on 2-stock pools makes things rather scary. I would accept it when pools are only done to seed, but when it's literally done to cut the number of players in half, then I'd rather just let the whole thing play out.
Pretty much exactly what my thoughts are. I did 2 stock pools once to save time and a lot of people hated it, and would've rather had pools take longer with 3 stocks.

Also, it's very difficult to seed a bracket if the number of pools isn't a square of 2 (ie 2, 4, 8, or 16 pools). We had to do 8 pools because there wasn't 16 setups, and in reality, pools really didn't take too long for the most part, but some pools took twice as long as others which is why the whole thing seemed to go on forever

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
scythe i love your scream
cosmo we did good we will be unstoppable with real stagelist at next one
zack152hotstuff and bil king of the snow pile *****
gary use the finger ****it

ORLY

Smash Master
RE: why I entered Brawl: I had money to burn and hey, I try to talk you Brawl kids to enter Melee (and you do sometimes) so I figured I would do it back for once. And at least I had fun doing it. Everyone let me go to stupid stupid levels too! <3 you brawl kids

And re: tdk: I'll go down into that death hole if I wanna! Falcon has no fear, no remorse, and no mercy! And I'm still pretty new around the tournament scene, so that might be why you haven't heard'a me.

RE: Corneria: hey now, we -really- wanted to go to Poke Floats, but you banned it!

Hope to see all you guys at the next one!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Chris 4 president!!!

When I come back from El Paso, I WILL DO SHOUT OUTS!!!

...I promise!!! :)

EDIT: I'm starting to feel better!!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
One last shoutout:

Webster: I wanted to MM you in Naruto or Melty Blood, I'm going to try to do it next time. I'll be sure to bring Daisy along for the ride.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
1: Ally (Snake/Falcon): Go back to Canada (just kidding your a cool guy)
2: Lain (Ice Climbers): I retain my 1-0 record against you (in connect 4)
3: Judge (wario/Meta): Even drunk you could still beat me and Josh in teams... good stuff!
4: Logic (Olimar): We never had time for a match, but your fro was impressive as hell
5: FilthyFrederick (Wario): Who da f....
5: Anther (Pika): Keep doing what you do, I'm learning alot from it
7: Arty: Dude.... stop being so good, share the wealth!
7: Boss: As a Luigi I'm required to love you in a no homo way, keep it up
9: Chu Dat: WAAAAY too fun to play, come back soon so the edge of Poke Stadium can gimp you for me again
9: Ook: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK (if you don't watch out you'll have a second dajayman on your hands soon!)
9: Kain: Embodies wolf in my mind now
9: Quik: Needs to play me again and walk into a misfire
13: BMX: Gooood stuff in pools, but mellow out a bit
13: Grimace: I still don't know how you do half of what you do, you rox my sox
13: Fatboy: I swear you wear the same shirt every dang time
17: DLA: Sombrero powers activate!
17: YoshQ: Give me your Luigi powers!
17: Meneil: Lol, if you really were akashi's sister you kissing him becomes just akward
17: Sekibum: I only realized Ankoku was there because your laptop's adress for the recording went something like: "C:/Ankoku/Blah/blahblah" But I didn't know who it exactly was until later on (on the plus side my pools got recorded by you so I can review them)
17: Akashi: Sup
17: Corms: Sup x2
17: Wafles: Good job edging me out of pools, you rage mad hard sometimes
25: Kennispam: Get a car

Below didn't make it out of pools
41: Sothe: Lolsonic
41: Raid: Great playing you again, you're a great guy
41: Red Ryu: I'm only making you stroooongerrrr! (unless you're not lucario at the time)
49: Dedede: iz fat
49: Sponge Jordan: Slapchop! You're gonna love my nuts! (I was so sure you were gonna ragequit on the spot that whole time you were freaking out about the doubles comeback)
57: Chris: Is quite possibly the most hilarious man on the planet (and Ankoku's computer recorded me taunt spiking you! AWSOME!)
57: Fade: Start snitchin again
The unkown doubles team me and MagicJosh MM'd: You guys were fun to play and great sports. Keep it up and come back next time!

Didn't actually play Brawl:
Webster: Mad props for EVERYTHING, I'll play you in Rev 3 next time
18spikes: Is king of the slide (and strange animated children doing ballet on keyboard games)
Sago: Has the strength of many Dietzs
Dajayman: Has the best freakouts about OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK! I have ever seen.
Razor: Came all the way from California? Are you KIDDING ME!? But is still a great guy.

This tourney was the best one yet. Next time I'm out of pools for sure. JUST YOU WATCH.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Shoutouts, you know it.

1: Ally - Watching you play scares me. Its just like... whoa.
2: Lain - Wait, when did you use MK?
3: Judge - You're much different than I'd thought you'd be. That's a good thing, btw.
4: Logic - DAT HAIR
5: Hunger - I'm still curious about the single's name o_O
5: Anther - Those matches with Chu, man. Absolutely nuts.
7: Arty (and Quik)- I know three sets of twins and learned how to differentiate quickly, you'd think I'd be able to figure you two out through just looks by now. I know that has absolutely nothing to do with Brawl, but still!
7: Boss - I got your friendlies / mms / whatever they were with Bo, youtube's just being a biatch.
9: Chu Dat - Since when was Kirby in this game!?
9: Ook - OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK! Sorry I spread lies about you after that game, I thought you had two stocks and high 100s due to my poor viewing angle. I'm ashamed, and have disgraced my entire family.
9: Kain - Wolf is too fun to watch. Keep at it, you're unfairly good.
13: BMX - Yes, yes those were pools matches.
13: Grimace - I tried the Throwback Mountain Dew. It really wasn't that bad!
13: Fatboy - Wow, thanks for giving me that brief summary of Naruto. I read it and its pretty **** good now.
17: DLA - Dat sombrero. I would've MM Ganon dittoed you again, but I left my money at home D:
17: YoshQ - AKA one of the only people who saved replays on my Wii.
17: Ankoku - I need help with Virtualdub settings. I'll hit you up with a PM.
17: Wafles - Your bracket SUCKED lol
25: Kennispam - Get a job, scrub. Also, get a car. Also, learn to drive better. Also, way to lose TO A KIRBY OMG. Pointless hype, really.
25: Kappy - Thanks for telling me the time like, 4 times :p

Below didn't make it out of pools
41: Raid - ****, those were some pretty fun pools matches.
41: Red Ryu - Scrub. We gotta work that Lucas/Lucario more often, I got a good feeling about it.
49: Sponge Jordan - Scrub. Also, the only player at this tournament who both lost and won in 39 seconds. True story.
57: Chris - Oh youuuuu. I'm doing melee next MAS, just for you. Assuming its one day, of course.
65: Jordan - Nice name, yo.

Wait, Sago didn't enter? Anything? lol, wow.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I would also like to know the answer to that.
It's hard to balance respect for what webster wants and getting what we want (youtube matches)
>.>

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Only if you buy the DvD.

It's really not my decision, but it's that of the company I work for and that sponsored the tournament.

We are allowing mid tournament vids to be uploaded to youtube, if people decided to capture and upload them.

It was tough to make a decision that'd make everyone happy.

hunger!

Smash Champion
that's so gay that you have to buy a dvd to get matches. that's not supporting your community at all. people brought the capture cards. people can upload what they want. that dvd idea is fricken ********.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
this dvd thing is why we have so many pot bonuses. i say deal with it.
THIS
THISTHISTHIS
I agree it's really gay considering the community did the work to get the videos, but the community is also the beneficiary of pot bonuses
Pot bonuses>>>>>>>>youtube videos IMHO

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
that's so gay that you have to buy a dvd to get matches. that's not supporting your community at all. people brought the capture cards. people can upload what they want. that dvd idea is fricken ********.
Well I certainly can't stop people from doing what they want.

If people really want to support our efforts they'll purchase the dvd.

No one HAS to buy it!

But if for some reason we don't have the funds to add pot bonuses to our/my tournaments. I definitely don't want to hear people complaining about that. :urg:

Like (YOU)I have said earlier (BEFORE), it's hard to please everyone. :(

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I approve of this.
Lol of course you approve of it, you're the one that got the pot bonus :p (JK)

Webster, I'd buy a DVD if I had a job/source of income. Unfortunately I don't. Will the DVD sales affect next tournament's bonus pot?

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I just think its weird that it was sponsored yet I didn't hear by who once.

Also, I'm in the same situation as DLA, except I have a job, it just doesn't pay well enough for me to buy stuff like this.

*edit* I doubt it'd judge how much of a pot bonus. Probably just the company trying to get some money out of it.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
number of dvd sales don't have a HUGE influence on how much the next pot bonus will be. but it does have a tad.

probably 90 precent of the profit goes to the next pot bonus and the rest goes into helping pay staff (company) travel's expenses.

i clearly see nothing wrong with this.

s.jordan: the sponsors of this tournament have been on the first post of this tournament's thread since day one lol. :)

Tink

Smash Hero
the only prob is when ppl buy the DVD and then rip the matches like they did for OC stuff a couple years back....hopefully this wont be a prob....but im sure it will -_-.

ORLY

Smash Master
My only question is if the footage of finals is outta that over the shoulder handicam. If so, that'll be pretty weak quality!

muffin9124

Smash Rookie
Dang man I got destroyed in this tourney. :mad: I don't even know what happened lol I played like poop. Didn't expect that many people though, at least it was a good expierence and I learned a lot (need to pick up a MK/dedede/snake counter or at least someone who can't be chain grabbed -.-). Shout outs

Ally/Lain/Judge - Nice job on winning top 3 in singles.

George - Sorry I killed you in doubles so much >.< we coulda beat that team in losers bracket man.

Anther - You're pikachu was pretty beast, I didn't even know what was going on half the time.

Luke - Nice job on almost getting through pools. You almost had it.

Meneil - First good Ike player I've seen, really caught me off guard

Sima Matty - Magical Loli Fighting School game was pretty fun to watch and playing swr was fun. Sorry we had to leave mbaa early I'm still pissed at my friend for making me leave >.< I'll show you how a real man plays ryougi next time we meet :D

webster - grats on hosting tournament, you did a good job. Too bad about that ******* move subway pulled off.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
TIME FOR SHOUT OUTS!!!

1: Ally - Yo thanks for coming to my tourney. Congrats on your win(s). It's always a pleasure talking with you. PLAY MORE GANON!!! For...me! :D

2: Lain - You know you're my ****!!! <3 <3 <3 Glad u were able to make the tourney. Congrats on 2nd!!! You worked hard for it. And this time you were hella prompt. So extra <3 <3 <3's for that. ;p

3: Judge - J.U.D.G.E!!! Maaaaan that **** happened soooo long ago. And I forgot who told me u ran out *** naked, looking for a towel @ DK's place. But I'm sure that strat was applied to your Wario!!! 0_0 Beastin wit Wario, who would've guessed. :D Always great seeing you. EPIC <3!

4: Logic - Yha make MD "look" good!!! :D Nice meeting you (hell yeahz). And talking mad **** with you. I wouldn't call that it flirting!!! :p

5: FilthyFrederick - (HUNGER!!!!) Yo you are too gdlk. Love having you arround. Definitely a highlight of every tournament. Congrats on placing. Definitely a strong player.

5: Anther - Yoooooo!!! Surprise for u to come to my tourney. Made me very happy. You know waz up... :p !!!! Next time pika needs to slap more foos around, granting you 2nd AT WORST!!! :D

7: Arty - Arty good **** man. Always displaying great play at our tournaments. Thanks for all your previous help in the past. TWINS ARE TEH BEST!!!

7: Boss - LOL logic called us mountains. :laugh: Thanks for coming to the tourney reppin MD!!!

9: Chu Dat - A pleasure meeting yha bruh. Glad u had fun. Congrats on Doubles. Looking forward into seeing you again.

9: Ook - OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!! Man I am sooo happy to see you're having fun at every tourney I run. You're mad chill and very very good at this game. Reppin DK is not easy AT ALLLLL. Let's get some games in next tourney.

9: Kain - Thanks for showin some luv bruh!!! <3 Good seeing you again, always cool. We should also play some games next tourney. I STILL have not seen that wolf in action. :(

9: Quik - Quik. First to smile walking in and out. :D Good seeing you again, thanks to you as well showin some luv in the threads. Def appreciate it! :D See yha in March!!! HYPERAID GO!!!

13: BMX - Ur a cool bruh. Nice glasses. Looks like MW was scured to do crew battles!!! :( Next time we'll make it happen fo shoooo. :D Good seeing you.

13: Coney - Hella cool guy. Thanks for riding out to the tourney. Hope it was worth it. And I SERIOUSLY hope you'll do it again soon.

13: Grimace - GRIM, good **** man. I saw yha doing well in Smash and in Naruto. Very solid in each games. Always good talking with yha. Thanks for being really supportive of my tournies. I really mean that. <3

13: Fatboy - FATTTTTTTBOY!!! We didn't get to play anything either in this tourney. :( But it's always cool seeing you. We'll get some games in soon.

17: DLA - Great seeing you again. We finally had our debate lmfao. It was def a healthy conversation. And I enjoyed it. Got to understand both sides of the discussion, so no hard feelings. You're still my boy regardless. Besides...you make Ganon look sexy. <3 I NEED TO STEP MINES UP THOUGH! :(

17: YoshQ - DUUUUDE~~~~~! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Man you know I gotta show some luv to people who heart my efforts. Yosh (Josh :p), thanks buddy for coming to all my events. And motivating me to keep em going. You're always fun to talk to and hang out with. And next time we play, that falcon is through! -_- lolz.

17: Meneil - I seriously can't imagine a tourney without you and Akashi there. Thanks for all your support. I am sorry we couldn't get low tier started at this tourney. But fear not, in March Low Tier will be the FIRST EVENTS WE DO!!! :D Great seeing you both again!!!

17: Sekibum (ANKOKU!!!!) - Gahahahahahaha...you definitely pulled a fast one on us ALL!!! Good **** man. You are hella awesome too!!! Our talk downstairs (with the Melty players) was very very nice. A pleasure in meeting you. And thanks for your shout outs too, much appreciated man. I really hope we cross paths again, maybe get some games in too. :D

17: Scythe - Just like Quik, always a smiling at my tournies. I think that's awesome. Thanks for also being hella supportive at my tournies. We need to get more games in too. See u soon.

17: Akashi - See Meneil. But I also want to add, I think how you handle yourself online and offline is really motivating. Hella professional, humble, and respectful at all times. I think that's ****ing amazing. :D I could learn a thing or two from u.

17: Corms - Yo good seeing that u made it to my tourney. Hope u like the new venue. Looking forward into seeing u again soon.

17: Wafles - WAFLES!!!! Without you, I wouldn't know what I'd do...and my voice would be gone a lot sooner. But YOU ARE DEFINITELY ONE OF THE MAIN STRENGTHS OF MY TOURNIES!!! And I am greatful to have u on staff. I am imensely proud of all of your efforts. And I seriously can't thank you enough for being hella supportive of my events, thanks man!!! <3

25: Loki - OMFG Trying to hustle me for my wee lil monies lmfao. You must know what the streets are like!!! :laugh: Every tourney u be hustlin... :D OKAY next tourney we MONEY MATCHIN we'll play for a couple bucks. I'll hand u the money before we start though jajajahahaha. GREAT SEEING YOU AS USUAL!!! You're too fun! :D

25: Oro - ORO!!!! PLAYED!!!! BRAWL!!!!! ...+ hahahaha. Man thanks sooooo much for coming to the tourney...ON BOTH DAYS!!!! Hella fun weekend, hope u enjoyed it. March is gonna be sick. And like u and everyone else said, these tournies can ONLY get better and better. :D Looking forward to it.

25: Box7 - BO!!! Man holmes I am hella stoked everytime we hang out. It's ALWAYS FUN!!! I'm also glad to see yha family supports u by coming out to my events too. I think that's mad cool. Force 7FO to come to the next tourney, or I'm going to drag him there myself...by u know what!!! :laugh: Wait...he's still a minor. So I can't do that hahahaha. Good seeing you as usual, LOW TIERS WILL HAPPEN IN MARCH I PROMISE U THAT SON!!! :D

25: Sima Matty - Yo Matty THANKS FOR HELPING RUN MBAA!!! Thanks for the shout outs earlier in the thread, MUCH APPRECIATED MAN!!! :D Next tournament we'll definitely have to get some casuals in both Brawl and MBAA. Hope to see u at the next tourney. :D

25: That's What She Said - Best screen name ever!!! :laugh: Glad u had fun at this tourney, hope to see u soon.

25: Kennispam - LOL I have never played u yet either in Brawl. Let's fix that next tourney. April I will run Marvel just for u...to get destroyed in lolz. But seriously good seeing you at the tourney Kenni. Glad u had fun. Hopefully your grades on decent so u can come to the March tourney with noooooo PRE JOHNZ!!! :p

25: Kappy - Kappy good seeing you again, Thanks for coming out to the tourney. Hope to see u next month.

25: Moozle - Moozle I didn't get to see u play at all. :( I hope u had fun. I still want another shot at that peach. Hope to see u again soon.!!!

TIME FOR SHOUT OUTS!!! PART 2!!!!

33: Luke - Luke I'ma feel bad when I say this, but I definitely can't say I remember who u are. :( Next tourney, let's talk a lil bit more.

33: Buuda - LOL man C4 didn't even happen :laugh: !!! We were all hella too busy. But yo in April we'll run dat ****tt foo shoo!!! :D Good seeing yha at the tournament.

33: D PhantaCy - Name doesn't ring a bell in my mind bro. Sorry. But make sure we talk a lil bit more at the next tourney. Hope u had fun though.

33: Nathan - GET CHER CHEEZE BURGER SON!!!! Wasn't even expecting yha to show at this. Glad u did. Next tourney we gotta step it up!!! RACILLA REPRESENT DAT ISHHHH!!! Yeeaaah boi!!!! LOLZ!!!

33: Ewok - Yo good seeing you as usual. Haha we haven't played anything EVER YET!!! =/ We def gotta fix that next tourney. Hope u had fun. See u soon.

33: Dietz - DIETZ!!!!! Great seeing you man. Always fun. Did u get to play Naruto that weekend? But yeah next tourney we'll casual in whatever u wanna play. Glad u had a good time bro.

33: Apostle - YO thanks man for making the trip and bringing the MD folks. You're hella mad cool to talk with. I think we may have some great potential events planned for the future. Let's get one of those VG Bootcamp circut events ran at my venue!!! :D

33: Pagedown - My fellow black man!!! :p Hope u had fun at the tourney bruh. We'll get some casuals in soon. YOU ALMOST MADE THE FINAL BRACKET!!! Gotta step it up yha know. Might gotta change your name to "pageup" :D

41: Tom - :( can't honestly say I remember you either. Guess we gotta talk more next tourney. Hope u had fun though.

41: Ficha - Hey it was hella great seeing you at the tourney. Hope u as well, liked the new venue. Looking forward to seeing you at more events.

41: Magic Josh - I LOVE THAT SHIRT!!!! Not even gonna lie. :D Always fun seeing you at the tourney man. Thanks for your support. Hope to see u in March.

41: Sothe - You're always lookin like you are having a ball. That makes me happy. Thanks for comning to the tourney manz. Hope to see u soon too.

41: Tony - RACILLA REP!!! I am convinced now that our crew needs to play more often. We gotta level up son. Thanks for making it out to the tourney. Wonder where folk was? =/

41: Raid - YOOOOOOO!!! You are tooo ****ing awesome. Love hanging out with yha. Hella fun times EVERY ****ing time. Hope to see u soon again. I know school takes the biggest priority, so I wish u well with that. Looking forward to next time. :D

41: Red Ryu - RED SHORYUKEN, RED HADOUKEN, RED DAISY!!!! -_- :laugh: Good seeing you again!!! You're always fun. I think I saw u wanted to Money Match me in Naruto and MBAA, is that right? Well u are on son!!! But I warn u, if you bring Daisy with you...you'll lose faster than the match ever started!!! ohhhh Snapps I WENT THERE!!! :p

41: Zwarm - Yo good seeing you again man. Thanks for making it out to the tourney with Kappy. And if I remember u guys housed MD? If so good **** on that too. Looking forward to March's tourney. :D

49: Dedede - Thanks for making the tourney. You kind of remind me of King DeDeDe lol!!! Which is cool, because DeDeDe is awesome.

49: Tetsion - Why does this screen name look familiar? =/

49: Andrew - Yo Andrew thanks for making the journey to my tourney. Hope u had fun. Definitely looking forward into
seeing you again soon.

49: George - Yo George, don't think I remember u either at the tourney. Let's talk a bit more, next tourney. Hope u had fun though.

49: Zack152 - ZACK 1-2 lol. Thanks for helping out at this event. Definitely happy to see u made it out. You're hella fun and it's always a pleasure in kicking it with you. But we NEED TO PLAY SOME GAMESZZZZ MAN!!! :D Til next time.

49: Sponge Jordan - GANON FOR THE ****ING WIN!!!! WHooooo!!!! :laugh: Yo good **** Jordan, we had some fun matches. I think you're the ONLY person I played Brawl with lmfao. Thanks for being a great help to this tourney as well. And as I mentioned before, being prompt with those vids. Looking forward to March.

49: Benothebeno - Good seeing you at this event, hope u had fun man. We all need to play more MBAA haha. :)

49: Diska - Good meeting you this weekend at the tourney. Infact you're the very first person I saw haha. I hope you enjoyed you're self. Hope to see u in March.

57: Muffin - Muffin, I think I have you're gamecube wireless controller. But yeah, thanks for being a good sport. You're screen name made me laugh a lil. It's too cute. :laugh: Hope u had fun buddy. Come to March's tourney.

57: Jonomatic - Why does this sceen name look familiar? =/

57: Umashi - It was nice meeting you! Hope you had fun.

57: Payne - MAJOR PAYNE!!! Great movie. lol!!! But glad to see yha made it to my tourney. Hope u had fun.

57: mimeman - Good **** in introducing yourself to me. I almost missed yha at the tourney. Hope u had fun man.

57: Chris - CHRIS FOR MOTHER ****ING PRESIDENT!!! That's all there is to it. :D

57: Fade - Yo what happened bruh? But yeah always a pleasure in seeing you. Hope you had fun at this tourney. Let's get some games in next tourney. K!!!

57: Ici - This screen name looks familiar too!!! =/

65: Jordan - Oh man, I have no remembrance of you. :( Next tourney show some luv.

65: Akako - Haha, the one time I saw yha, you forfited all your matches. Great strat. :laugh: But it looked like you were having a good time at this event. I am hella glad u were able to make the tourney. Hope to see u again soon.

9: Team Charisma (Lesgolrocks + Vare)
13: Team Ka (Adam + Kyle)
17: The Boss (George + Scottie)
17: After Effect (Versa + Artisto)

I HOPE YOU ALL HAD FUN AT THIS TOURNEY!!!!

4: Blind - Mr. Sassy!!!! :laugh: You are simply amazing! Thank you soooo much man, for running Brawl+!!! You're definitely an inspiration, a leader for the Brawl+ community, just awesome. VERY VERY VERY dedicated to the scene. Even put up your own money, to ensure other's experience with this game. I should have gave u that hug u requested (I think at the time I was dealing with an issue :( ). I'll make sure I do that next tourney. Good talking with you as well.

PEOPLE PLAY MORE BRAWL + ****IT!!!

Rest coming soon!!!

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Thanks for the shoutout and for running another great tourney! :D

Lol we DID play, a LOOOOONG time ago in doubles. (like, the first tourney i went to XD) We can play again though :p

lol i havent played marvel since i got tvc. but if youre bringing it, i guess i have to keep practicing :D

Top Bottom