• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Discussion (The ARF Engine.)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Updated http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Clone_Engine

This is gonna be a monster code, I am not looking forward to making this easy to use.
Ill probably do that after making it work 100% for Project M.

Anyways, adding GFX is where I am going to need help.
Apparently, adding to most of the files that we need in order to get CSPs and such to appear....is hard.
I am going to make a status page for that stuff eventually.

Slashy

Smash Lord
My question is:

Will I be able to choose WHICH PSAs and characters I'd want to use for these extra slots? Or will the code be completely made for 7 characters Project M is picking?
I'm sure Danty has everything handled. Trust me, he isn't making this specifically for Project:M

zeno503

Smash Rookie
Basically I put this up for people who just can't seem to grasp the concept of what Dant and everyone else is doing on this Clone Engine. I mean seriously, clone engine? Not too hard to understand but if someone needs a photoshopped (GIMP'd) picture explaining the code in visual format I might as well do it.

[collapse=This is what brawl has now]
[/collapse]

[collapse=This is what you can do with Brawl with hacks now]
[/collapse]

[collapse=AND THIS IS WHAT THEY'RE TRYING TO DO HERE!]
[/collapse]

Hope you get it, MORE CHARACTERS. NO REPLACEMENTS, JUST ADDING.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
My question is:

Will I be able to choose WHICH PSAs and characters I'd want to use for these extra slots? Or will the code be completely made for 7 characters Project M is picking?
Now why in the world would he make it without giving people the choice?
:embarrass

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
It was explained few times already.

I hope PAL codes will be released too.

Slashy

Smash Lord
More like this:
(Warning! Flame War Approaching)

I'd rather keep things official and follow Sakurai's guidelines for characters

1. Naruto originated from a manga
2. Cloud only fits in by technicality, he's never been the main character in any Final Fantasy on a Nintendo console.

I'm sure regions will have their own preferences of what characters they want once this gets underway.

The announcer also never says Naruto and Cloud's names, all of the other characters have calls or very close approximates, but I realize myself that I'm taking this too seriously.

Revven

FrankerZ
I would have expected this thread to have blown up after an hour has passed due to Dantarion's success at making what you all dreamed of.

Just so you know in case you couldn't tell, he did complete it. It works 100%

/requests temporary announcement of it at the top

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I can't view the stream, but I can't wait to try this out!! Time to stalk all the backrooms and chats...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
This is gonna be a monster code, I am not looking forward to making this easy to use.
Ill probably do that after making it work 100% for Project M.
@Aaron20b: Clone Engine isn't exactly public despite being functional.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf

Top Bottom