• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

close and unstick please

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Ok. I have done some testing and every continuing jab can be rested interrupted except for Diddy Kong's (this includes Fox and MK). However, he can be rested in between his first and second jab.

Veril

Frame Savant
Ok. I have done some testing and every continuing jab can be rested interrupted except for Diddy Kong's (this includes Fox and MK). However, he can be rested in between his first and second jab.
I don't believe it is possible to rest interrupt GW's jab. The hitbox seems to completely cover him and I have never been able to do this.

Otherwise, yes, I believe all continuing jabs are rest interruptible.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
resting sonic's side b is now extremely easy for me just do it a half second after the animation starts and figure out thier pattern so they dont jump b4 it hits

Veril

Frame Savant
resting sonic's side b is now extremely easy for me just do it a half second after the animation starts and figure out thier pattern so they dont jump b4 it hits
Most moving attacks can be perfect rested: sonics specials (all of them) down and up-smash, rollout, DACUS, phantasms, some moving up-bs, dash attacks, dash grabs (non-tether), a bunch of forward smashes, falcon/gannon down/side b-s, etc.

Its good to know the ones that can feasibly be rested out of... snakes mortar slide, sonics... everything pretty much, lots of dash attacks, charged forward smashes, etc.

Veril

Frame Savant
I have been able to SDI into rest on dK's continuous jab consistently.

GW and pikachu are effectively impossible to rest interrupt.

I'll double post in my own thread if I want :psycho:

Veril

Frame Savant
Then it isn't very practical because I could not do it period. And G&W that might be true....... Weird......
IDK...

GW's jab hitbox basically covers all of him (I think it sticks behind him as well). You can SDI out and drill but you can't interrupt. I've never been able to do it even at 1/4 speed. I seriously think its either impossible or not worth attempting.

Pikachu has a similar issue.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
this may be helpful, may not be.

This is a failed drill rest that I did when I was not in my right mind(note the percentages....)

I dair, land, get hit by the first hit from Dedede's jab(NOT the continuous part, just the very first hit) and immediately rest him. It seems that when D3 turned his body with the first hammer swing, his foot moved out far enough to touch Jiggs, allowing for a rest.

This may not be what you are looking for, as since it's a single hit, the position may have been just right(and thus impractical/impossible to DI into) for the characters to overlap. Or perhaps it will happen a majority of the time, and is thus relevant. I can't test it right now, so I'll just drop it here.

Note: This was done over Wifi, if that matters.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Cain Grab counter? o_O

This is a crazy idea, but can you counter a chain grab with a rest? It only takes one frame, and the invincibility frame will help get through it, so I think it may be possible.
someone test it plz xD

Veril

Frame Savant
this may be helpful, may not be.

This is a failed drill rest that I did when I was not in my right mind(note the percentages....)

I dair, land, get hit by the first hit from Dedede's jab(NOT the continuous part, just the very first hit) and immediately rest him. It seems that when D3 turned his body with the first hammer swing, his foot moved out far enough to touch Jiggs, allowing for a rest.

This may not be what you are looking for, as since it's a single hit, the position may have been just right(and thus impractical/impossible to DI into) for the characters to overlap. Or perhaps it will happen a majority of the time, and is thus relevant. I can't test it right now, so I'll just drop it here.

Note: This was done over Wifi, if that matters.
If the wifi has little lag, it isn't that important.

Yes. That is useful. It is an interrupt rest, specifically of the second hit of DDD's jab combo. You were at what I've referred to as "close" spacing. That's one less thing I have to test. Thanks. I'll figure out the rest if you don't have the time.

o_O.....

how about the IC chain grab? Or can rest just counter a grab?
That is a mighty fine question.

Rest can counter most dash grabs. It DOES work vs. ICs. However, I have not been able to test their chaingrab for various logistical reasons.

If there are any frames in which Jiggs is not in hitstun than escape from the chaingrab is possible. This may work vs. certain grab methods. I doubt it will work on their d-throw immediate regrab bs.

Veril

Frame Savant
Lol this is like a peer reviewed journal. Makes me nostalgic for my cog sci research days...

Seriously though. If I put it in the blue list, I'm positive about it.
Either:
1. You can rest in between the hits without SDI out of the hit area.
2. You can SDI out in the direction of the attack and perfect rest the next hit.
3. You can SDI out of the hit area during the attack and still rest them before they finish.

This will work at some percentage w/ spacing restrictions (usually).

That's the criteria.

Veril

Frame Savant
I know its a little much but its just to make sure something insanely lucky or weird didnt happen and that its repeatable...
I completely understand. No need to explain.

I've performed all the interrupts at 1/4, 1/2, 2/3 and 1x speed. Some don't work at 1/4 or 1/2 because of the C-stick issues. That said. Peer review is an essential part of any (pseudo) scientific endeavor.

You may very well catch mistakes I have made... before I do that is :p

I'm retesting things as well, though its intermittent given I still have a bunch of characters to do.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I completely understand. No need to explain.

I've performed all the interrupts at 1/4, 1/2, 2/3 and 1x speed. Some don't work at 1/4 or 1/2 because of the C-stick issues. That said. Peer review is an essential part of any (pseudo) scientific endeavor.

You may very well catch mistakes I have made... before I do that is :p

I'm retesting things as well, though its intermittent given I still have a bunch of characters to do.
how long do you think it will take to get all the multi hit combos down? I wish I could help lol.

Lol alex, if you could rest cancel a gimpyfish combo, Mr.Eh will have the bowser matchup thread locked up xD

Veril

Frame Savant
another day for the whole list.

another few days for all the %.

within 4 days of christmas there will be video, possibly me showing off in friendlies (I have gotten... really really good at this...), maybe also a tutorial.

I will need the most help with spacing, %, and methodology of escaping/resting multi-hit forward smashes (esp fully charged ones). IDK, it would save me time.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
another day for the whole list.

another few days for all the %.

within 4 days of christmas there will be video, possibly me showing off in friendlies (I have gotten... really really good at this...), maybe also a tutorial.

I will need the most help with spacing, %, and methodology of escaping/resting multi-hit forward smashes (esp fully charged ones). IDK, it would save me time.
Improving this AT is no doubt worth this effort. i wont be surprised if this isnt finished by the end of january. but we can take our timeon this. I can do some tests with characters that you dont have listed if you want me to. just list them and ill try them.

Veril

Frame Savant
Pokemon trainer, Zero suit samus, shiek, wario (don't forget the dacus), toon link. Don't worry about perfect rest, shield, or any of that stuff, just their multihit moves and SDI and... stuff. If you feel like trying to interrupt MK's f and b-air... good luck sah. I'm almost certain it can done.

Also, snake's D-air. I know it can be DI'd out of (yay Overswarm) but not the best method of resting it.

We already know sheik's and squirtle's jabs work. I'm really curious about DI into rest vs. ZSS's up-b. That would be sooo sweet if you could DI into her after the hit before she gets out of lag.

I'm taking Pit on soon. Fox is gonna be easy for me so I'll handle him too.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Pokemon trainer, Zero suit samus, shiek, wario (don't forget the dacus), toon link. Don't worry about perfect rest, shield, or any of that stuff, just their multihit moves and SDI and... stuff. If you feel like trying to interrupt MK's f and b-air... good luck sah. I'm almost certain it can done.

Also, snake's D-air. I know it can be DI'd out of (yay Overswarm) but not the best method of resting it.

We already know sheik's and squirtle's jabs work. I'm really curious about DI into rest vs. ZSS's up-b. That would be sooo sweet if you could DI into her after the hit before she gets out of lag.

I'm taking Pit on soon. Fox is gonna be easy for me so I'll handle him too.
shure, ill test their muilti hit combos. Ill have most of them done by monday.

Veril

Frame Savant
Yeah, I want to do Lucas and Ness (personal reasons lol). I've already started Pit. Fox is a heck of a lot like falco...

Also, you'll see a ton of "unconfirmed" moves. Those are all fair game.

O.o help... that's crazy talk.

Veril

Frame Savant
... Why isn't this thread stickied yet??
:)

<3

When I get MK's info posted if this doesn't get stickied I'm gonna have to kill someone.

Seriously though its not complete. I'm meticulously going over all my research and attempting to organize and present it in the best possible way. Falco is essentially presented how I wanted and will be the template for all future updates.

The difference with MK, and why I've taken my time since the last update, is that I am evaluating ALL of his notable combos.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
:)

<3

When I get MK's info posted if this doesn't get stickied I'm gonna have to kill someone.

Seriously though its not complete. I'm meticulously going over all my research and attempting to organize and present it in the best possible way. Falco is essentially presented how I wanted and will be the template for all future updates.

The difference with MK, and why I've taken my time since the last update, is that I am evaluating ALL of his notable combos.
This should get stickied, let me PM the mod when this is done. If not, I'll add it into one of my areas and make sure you get all the credit for it (its going into my guide when its done anyway :), with your name attached).

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Dayum, if this **** actually make jiggs a somewhat viable character, then I may have to pick her back up.

Veril

Frame Savant
OMG! Bowyer didn't flame me. I must be doing something right. :laugh:

That means a lot to me though lol

When you see the things Jiggs does to MK...

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
haha, I haven't flamed anyone in the jiggs boards in a long time.

Also, if this **** makes jiggs a lot better, I'm making a group dedicated to how you are responsible for the intense major improvement in jiggs game.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Can I be Minister of Awesome?
No, you're actually going to be vice chairman... Alex, you're going to be the Secretary of Agriculture... Veril, you're going to be the Minister of Awesome... and I'm obviously going to be the chairman... until I get bored... LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom