• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

close and unstick please

Status
Not open for further replies.

PND

Smash Champion
She pretty much already is without the rest. Hint: Bananas don't work if you never touch the ground.

Okay, pretty much same time post saying the same thing. Lol.

Veril

Frame Savant
idk if ur off by a second in alot of these ur pretty much done for
Try a split second. Oh nos, its almost like every other method of landing rest.

If you fail at this just try it again with less suck.

Veril, you're going to be the Minister of Awesome... and I'm obviously going to be the chairman... until I get bored... LMAO
Holy sh**. I'm flattered. Absurdly. I don't even know what to say...

I guess I'll talk about diddy:

this technique ***** him all over the place. Interrupt vs. dash attack is a true combo that works at any percent with any spacing. Interrupt vs. f-smash is hard but equally possible with good SDI. His up-smash; rest. His recovery; gimp. His banana's are completely useless whether or not Jiggs is on the ground and his KO potential is garbage without banana combo's (spike ftw) or his f-smash, so Jiggs can rest as much as she wants. If you ever jab ever at all... rest.

This technique counters diddy. I will make the unscientific estimate of 65 : 35 Jiggs favor with these techniques mastered. If you want hard solid proof that these techniques rock, interrupt diddy's dash attack. Every single time.

Since discovering this technique I've 3-stocked every scrubby diddy kong I've played (I need to find a good one lol).

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Just for a bit of clarification: Ness's fair cannot be interrupted by rest. It keeps the character in stun for as long as fair lasts. SDI is possible, but hard against spaced fairs since you have to DI towards Ness and fair covers a fairly large area.

Veril

Frame Savant
Actually he is.

If Diddy had no bananas, then Bowser would totally **** him. XD
Bowser can use his up-b to escape Diddy's dash attack... I'm pretty sure.

You should really test that. Really. Like. Really really. Because I'm not gonna.

PND

Smash Champion
I've done it, and it's in the combo video I'm working on, actually. (In person, too. No wifi clips in my vid.)

Veril

Frame Savant
I want to see a vid of jiggs resting a G&W out of key from below.
I've done it. A lot. I mean, like at least 30 times in testing and probably 10 times in friendlies.

Speaking of GW. He's gonna be up in a minute. It is significantly more detailed than DK or falco. I put a lot of time into this one and tried out everything in actual matches. Good stuff. Long read though.

Veril

Frame Savant
Nice, but its only if he leans in.

Actually, it works if he's falling without moving horizontally as well. Retreating b-air can be rested if he's passing through you with 3 hits. I just put that disclaimer in to cover my a** since I'm not familiar enough with still and retreating b-airs.

And the key > rest always works if you time it right.

Shh. Its a secret :p

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Actually, it works if he's falling without moving horizontally as well. Retreating b-air can be rested if he's passing through you with 3 hits. I just put that disclaimer in to cover my a** since I'm not familiar enough with still and retreating b-airs.

And the key > rest always works if you time it right.
Oh wow. Thats pretty awesome.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
haha, this is information that all jiggs players should know but nobody else should, it falls into a different catagory. lol

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I call firstsies to announce the 12/26 minor updates XD... I'm not even sure what you updated, lmao.

Edit: so it turns out that the update was simply an announcement about upcoming video plans XD LOL :)

Veril

Frame Savant
I call firstsies to announce the 12/26 minor updates XD... I'm not even sure what you updated, lmao.

Edit: so it turns out that the update was simply an announcement about upcoming video plans XD LOL :)
Nope, I posted short descriptions of the characters I haven't been able to finish due to TV hogs and work and Christmas.

I fixed that. I always forget about the "reason for editing" field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom