• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

close and unstick please

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Veril what's your friend code?

oh hello topic, sorry, I didn't see you there.

Yay now we don't need to explain our reasons for editing.
Also don't worry we're not in any rush to know every character.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Oh sorry I forgot to ask, you're a regular here too Bowyer :)
What's your friend code?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
This should have been handled in PM's or wall posts and def not in Veril's thread...

I don't own a wii.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Wow. This thread is great. I started trying to incorporate rest and besides a few little mess ups, they've been helpful as hell.

'cept when I prematurely rested Captain Falcon while he was jabbing...that Falcon Punch to the face was bittersweet.

Veril

Frame Savant
Wow. This thread is great. I started trying to incorporate rest and besides a few little mess ups, they've been helpful as hell.

'cept when I prematurely rested Captain Falcon while he was jabbing...that Falcon Punch to the face was bittersweet.
I'm glad its helped you. Be careful with CF, unless you get the chance to rest the Punch. Sublime.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I've got a clip from testing of perfect resting a falcon punch. I'm gonna upload that for you.
AWESOME

By some freak accident I rested a DEDEDE as he was crushing me with his UpB, SO EPIC I tried to set it up again but no dice, just got pwned.

still cool though

Veril

Frame Savant
AWESOME

By some freak accident I rested a DEDEDE as he was crushing me with his UpB, SO EPIC I tried to set it up again but no dice, just got pwned.

still cool though
Yeah, that's a "brute force" perfect rest, and a tough one at that. I've done it in training when he was going down and in friendlies when he was going up.

Unfortunately I do not have a clip of it yet. I'll probably get that one done sometime tomorrow.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I have a really good question: can you perfect rest gay men watch's turtle o_O and his other arials may be nice if they were restable

rinoH

Smash Lord
liked the new vids even though some were off i especially liked the diddy ones nice job veril

EWING

Smash Apprentice
School: Nashville, TN Home: Long Island, NY
when you list the moves that you can sdi out of then rest, are those perfect combos (cant be even perfect shielded)?

im just wondering cause it seemed like some moves that you DId out of in the vid could be shielded (like ganons or robs dsmash) though i might just be underestimating their ending lag

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Please explain the button sequencing for god DI.

Also in theory, couldn't god DI completely remove anyway for jiggs to be killed vertically.
The only reason it wouldn't prevent kills altogether is becasue she would fly to the other side of the stage, still getting KO'd.

Obviously I no nothing about God DI, so could you please explain it further.
Also if used well god DI > sing >rest?
seems plausible.

DJ Kat

Smash Apprentice

Also in theory, couldn't god DI completely remove anyway for jiggs to be killed vertically.
The only reason it wouldn't prevent kills altogether is becasue she would fly to the other side of the stage, still getting KO'd.

Obviously I no nothing about God DI, so could you please explain it further.
Also if used well god DI > sing >rest?
seems plausible.
Well, I don't know about the application, but it's diagonal (downwards works too) Advanced DI toward the ground. In the video it's to the right and downwards.

Apparently, it only works if you can hit the ground fast enough. Yay hitstun....

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Part 2 ***** through the *** and out the mouth. Good job! Falcon pawnch has met it's match!!???

Veril

Frame Savant
when you list the moves that you can sdi out of then rest, are those perfect combos (cant be even perfect shielded)?

im just wondering cause it seemed like some moves that you DId out of in the vid could be shielded (like ganons or robs dsmash) though i might just be underestimating their ending lag
Rob's D-smash is not a combo UNLESS you drill rest, which can be. I should have put that in. Next vid, promise :urg:

If I hadn't done the Gannon d-smash thing with one hand it would have been.

Everything else was a perfect combo.

Also if used well god DI > them s***ing their pants > them throwing their controller
God DI could in theory work vs. any move that had a ~90° knockback trajectory and enough hitlag to make this humanly possible. With Lucas' up-smash you have to input ADI 2x, once for both hitboxes. It might work only because the first hitbox pops you up slightly, since you obviously can't just ADI into the ground on all hits.

That's why I called it GDI, because its so absurd. I don't know about the % it will work at for vertical knockback moves. Honestly, I need to put a lot more work into it before I can give you the detailed answer I want here. It might work vs. the first hit of snakes up-smash (not the mortar).

It also works on any move with set knockback, notable examples being the first hit dK's f-smash, Snake's F-tilt (grounded only), and others.

Inverting horizontal momentum is possible with all moves (I think) with ADI. That isn't GDI since it uh, doesn't save you in an epic way (see the first hit of Link's F-smash).

Metatitan

Smash Master
I don't see any conclusion to it... just a bunch of people asking how to DACUS and then you asplode from hearing it too much

Veril

Frame Savant
I don't see any conclusion to it... just a bunch of people asking how to DACUS and then you asplode from hearing it too much
My bad, it actually was in the testing grounds thread. Here's the relevant stuff.

Motionless pound also has to do with your opponent. The only reason everyones freaking out about it is because its at the end of meows combo video. Did you notice that it happens right afters falcos N A combo? I've done it accidentally too. Theres just something that pushs you back, but since pound moves forward, it appears that you aren't moving at all. Like walking on a treadmill.

Way to crush my dreams, jerk. :(

I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
there's always b-reversed or wavebounced pounds :urg:

I'm gonna have to discuss wavebouncing and b-reversing at some point... as a former Lucas main.
Breverse pounding is very impractical. You pretty much can't time it right without adjusting your hold on the controller.

Veril

Frame Savant
Breverse pounding is very impractical. You pretty much can't time it right without adjusting your hold on the controller.
Again, I used to play Lucas. I can b-reverse and wavebounce easily. Trust me. You don't have to change your hold on the controller.

B-reversing is way easy.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Again, I used to play Lucas. I can b-reverse and wavebounce easily. Trust me. You don't have to change your hold on the controller.

B-reversing is way easy.
I've never had a problem in general. I just can't get the hold of Breversing pound. I always screw it up.

Is there a trick to Breverse sideBs easily?

Veril

Frame Savant
use the cstick for it or do it really fast and dont do it at an angle
don't use the c-stick. All you need are fast fingers and a little practice. Its much easier to b-reverse than wavebounce, and both are very possible.

If you can't b-reverse rollout... you make me sad.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
don't use the c-stick. All you need are fast fingers and a little practice. Its much easier to b-reverse than wavebounce, and both are very possible.

If you can't b-reverse rollout... you make me sad.
No, I only have a problem with sideBs, not neutralBs. Rollout isn't a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom