• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

clowsui Presents: Christmas Smash Bash @ Dr X's [Brawl + 64]

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
There should be no restriction to the number of crews. As long as it's semi-regional, crews are fun as hell. And GUNPUNCH! is going to destroy any and all other crews anyway, so it's not like we have to worry about ties.

Sui, this is your first tournament, everyone will be willing to help in any way possible. But, really, tournaments are much more chill than you think. Don't worry about it so much.

We may need a megaphone or someone with a loud mouth to announce matches. Either that or we should go to meijer or something to buy huge sheets of paper to create a giant bracket (instead of a small tio laptop screen), much like the Japanese did in BYOC Japan. We could also use said giant sheets of paper to: designate which house is Steve's, rule rooms off limits by posting signs with the paper, and draw funny pictures of Sliq when he isn't looking. Yes? No?
HMMMMMM......GOD KAIS FTW....Get wit it or get LOSS....

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Quivo should join the God Kais. It comes with the luxurie of ur name being in our theme song and since ur a minority, u will fit in nicely

Overswarm

is laughing at you
i hate to blame this on culture + what i've been raised on but yeah, my parents + my culture have imparted to me the importance of this dead-on accuracy + overpreparing/overachieving stuff.
You should learn from Q. He has learned to suppress his asian tendencies.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Quivo should join the God Kais. It comes with the luxurie of ur name being in our theme song and since ur a minority, u will fit in nicely
Ahhhh!!! That's not a bad Idea....Actually that's a great Idea....Then I can have a partner for Team Matches.. Wow...ummmm Do I hear Q...Accepting the offer to become an official God Kai???

QUIVO

Smash Master
I'd rather just be like.. an honorary member.
and yes, i have learned to suppress my asian tendencies.

clowsui

Smash Legend
So I know this is going to come a shock to a lot of you and is going to anger a lot of you but I've talked with some ppl and I realized that I really don't have much reason to ban a lot of the stages I had off before.

My list is basically SBR now, but I can explain reasoning for a lot of this.

wangston

Smash Lord
In the interest of saving time can you get ride of Delphino and Halberd from the starters. Those two will always get crossed out let's just cut to the chase and play.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
In the interest of saving time can you get ride of Delphino and Halberd from the starters. Those two will always get crossed out let's just cut to the chase and play.
You, sir, need to go to tournaments. I've started on Halberd and Delfino many times.

wangston

Smash Lord
You, sir, need to go to tournaments. I've started on Halberd and Delfino many times.
O rly? I guess no one in utah likes those stages. It always goes down to bf, fd, and sv. Once in a blue moon it's Yoshi's island or lylat. Those are always the first two stages to get struck off. So we took those two stages off our strike list.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Works for your region, but it would be more likely we'd take off FD and BF here >_>

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ummmm...How bout we just keep it as it is...seeing as I have started on Delfino alot. Ummm Yeah...So POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER!!!

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
O rly? I guess no one in utah likes those stages. It always goes down to bf, fd, and sv. Once in a blue moon it's Yoshi's island or lylat. Those are always the first two stages to get struck off. So we took those two stages off our strike list.
Well, I think every TO in the MW has had horrible stages lists since I've started playing.

(FoD is not neutral, screw you all.)

nojoes

Smash Ace
we can't arrive until 1:30ish, mind entering us into doubles and advancing the bracket and waiting a little for us?

we'll call and give team names and teams as we're on our way and you open up registration but we need a guarantee you'll wait or we're not coming down.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Joes, I'll make sure you guys get some time. We should have enough time for matches, but if we don't we could do a few featured money matches.

Fresh_Daddy_Normand

Smash Cadet
Or we could all warm up with a little 64 tournament eh eh? Hopefully that could keep people entertained while the brackets or pools are set up. It doesnt have to be competitive just something to pass time while we wait for everything to get situated. I know clowsui is swamped with things to do so i can set this up if there is interest.

clowsui

Smash Legend
64 tournament would have to be done in an hour, here's my preferred settings for this if it's going to happen:

SSB64 Side Tourney
For Pride's Sake - No Entry Fees unless People Want It
Stages: Hyrule Castle, DL64, Kongo Jungle, Saffron City*
No Items
Six Stock, Best of 1; Finals best of 3
Single Elimination
* - Banned if you or opponent is playing Ness
Blind picks can be called.

i'll be playing in this, i'm rusty at 64 but pika is nucking futs to play as. bring extra controllers!

Fresh_Daddy_Normand

Smash Cadet
64 tournament would have to be done in an hour, here's my preferred settings for this if it's going to happen:

make it six stock best of 1
single elimination
ban mushroom kingdom + peach's castle + sector z (so that leaves like DL64, saffron city, Hyrule Castle + Brinstar)
no items

i'll be playing in this, i'm rusty at 64 but pika is nucking futs to play as. bring extra controllers!
Alright i can bring extra controllers, i suggest we ban planet zebes too just because everyone hates it lol. Also can we leave a tv open for 64 if i bring one just for that purpose and you guys already have enough for brawl. If you need mine for brawl that is fine tho

wangston

Smash Lord
yeah leave one dedicated to 64 my friend really wants to play it. That is if we can afford to leave one open.

clowsui

Smash Legend
we can, we have about 3 setups already for it
everyone hates zebes but you can play on it, it's not ****ty like MC or Kingdom
mushroom castle is just ******** though, gimps all characters BUT top tiers, bumpers + slopes + awkward stage structure :(
so is mushroom kingdom, killing power is ridiculous enough that you don't need close blast zones, i was about to ban saffron but then i thought about it and you can kinda camp + there's a lot of cool wall combos on there

Nope

Smash Lord
actually in most 64 tourneys zebes is banned and saffron is banned if the player is playing ness (at least the ones i've been to)

clowsui

Smash Legend
really? hmm i guess zebes should be banned then, don't see what's wrong with it
saffron is banned if you play ness because you can't recover there, so i'll accept that rule

Top Bottom