• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

clowsui Presents: Christmas Smash Bash @ Dr X's [Brawl + 64]

wangston

Smash Lord
Well considering everyone of my friends are cheap *******s we are all going to try to bring our set ups and scramble to find tvs. But I know I can get two for sure, maybe four if they are feeling cheap and don't want to pay $5.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
it's just the venue fee >.>

that doesnt even go to the pot anyways lol

edit: i like eric's idea better though!!

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Oh and I might not do Doubles depending on how my pockets looking...I got Christmas BS to cop...so I might not do the doubles Clowsui...so ummm yeah....plan accordingly.

clowsui

Smash Legend
hilt i just need you to put tio on it
it'd be a huge help if you fiddled around with it and taught me the basics duringi saturday morning

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I can provide my laptop for tioness, you know... It's already here.

We need more setups!

I have a gamecube for Melee and my roomate has a 64 with Smash. You can go ahead and put those on the list. If we have a TV to spare we will use both.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yeah we DEFINITELY need more setups guys

Also no 4-stock stuff now, thought about it and decided that it'd just result in the stronger players playing longer and wouldn't change much

EDIT:

eddie tell infern to bring his wii and you bring your tv for barlw, we need more setups for brawl

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hrm, would a 19 inch TV be big enough?
I could definitely bring that...
if not, I'm 50% sure that I could get a 26 inch TV instead.

Edit:
Also, I'll try my best to bring an N64 and Smash64 if needed.
Idk for sure how my supply of controllers would be. (At least 2)

smash64

Smash Champion
Yeah we DEFINITELY need more setups guys

Also no 4-stock stuff now, thought about it and decided that it'd just result in the stronger players playing longer and wouldn't change much

EDIT:

eddie tell infern to bring his wii and you bring your tv for barlw, we need more setups for brawl
yeah he will bring it of course and ill be bringing my TV so there we are

clowsui

Smash Legend
We need two more TVs.

Also I'm pretty sure venue fee is TV + Wii + Brawl but I'm not sure. Check w/ Doctor X on that? >_>;

Doctor X

Smash Lord
There will be as many melee setups as I can fit, and definitely at least one.

Oh yeah. I'll specify whats needed to waive the fee. We need the following five items:

TV
Wii
Brawl
Folding Tables
Surge Protectors/Extension Cords

For every 3 of the above items you bring, that's worth one waived venue fee. Cool?

clowsui

Smash Legend
How tolerant are you guys towards spicy foods?

ALSO:

Since there's only two crews now...second place gets no prize.

Sorry =(

wangston

Smash Lord
Since there's only two crews now...second place gets no prize.

Sorry =(
Ohhh come on!!!! We are traveling all the way from Louisville. Can't second place get a consolation prize...... Not that we are going to get second or anything like that.

Just to make sure there will be a set up with 64 on it the whole time. That's the only reason one of the guys is coming down with me. I'm sure he will play brawl singles but he really only cares about 64.

Nope

Smash Lord
Here's my explanation for my "order", but I wanna see what others think.

Doubles First - Standard.
Crews Second - Winners of crews will thus be determined and dinner will therefore be moved. This also prevents people from being "all Smashed out" during crews.
Singles Third - Will be much more exciting because people will have the chance to observe each other during crews and thus people will be able to adapt and have much more exciting matches!

since you are only allowing two crews now can you guys do crews last so the rest of us don't have to wait around while you guys finish that up?

Doctor X

Smash Lord
He's only allowing two crews? >.>

Why not make it based on like... metropolitan area or something? I'll host it if you won't.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Okie, I'll promise 1 TV, Wii, Brawl, 2 - 3 folding tables, and extension cords if needed.
A possibility on: N64 + Smash64 + 2 controllers.

QUIVO

Smash Master
if we did multiple crews, it'd probably be best to do it last...

I don't think it's that great of an idea to do crews in between. I'd at least like to get doubles and singles out of the way first. Crews seems like it should just be a fun side event for afterwards.

Kel

Smash Master
Brawl setups are the most important, people. 64 and Melee are fun, but they aren't the tournaments being run here. I'll have my Wii + Brawl + a bunch of strips + a couple TVs (if Sliq's cool with it)+ maybe a couple chairs.

Mister Eric, That TV sounds good. Bring both! haha (carrying 27 inch TVs suck though [that's what she said?])

QUIVO

Smash Master
btw, the tourny in west chester might be cancelled. Someone on the GJ boards said that there wasn't enough registration and interest for them to run it. I told them that we had some interest.

Oh, and I'll be going to TX the day after so everyone needs to help me get better so i can **** them.

Nope

Smash Lord
We would still like to do crews but I still agree that it should be done last

Edit:
I can bring two full setups maybe 3

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Crews last would be better for strategic purposes.... but having them before singles might make it pretty amazing as far as mindgames go.

Keep in mind this:

Crews last = everyone having to stay up

Singles last = you are knocked out, you can play Melee, friendlies, 64, sleep, etc.

If we're doing crews last, everyone is staying and watching the matches, all other TVs off so there are no slackers.

Fresh_Daddy_Normand

Smash Cadet
i said that id bring a tv and other stuff a while back and im not on the list. im positive i can now so i should be on the list.

Oh yeah and im with infern, we need a small 64 tournament. It seems like the interest is there.

Kel

Smash Master
Yeah Q, tell all the GJ guys about this tournament!

I don't really care when crews is. It's typically last, or happens the night before the tournament, but either way is cool. As long as singles gets done at a decent hour. We don't want a Pound 3 happening where we put crews in the middle of the tournament and end up running a half a day over schedule because of it.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I was thinking about it, but I didn't know if steve wanted that many people lol. I'll post there now

Top Bottom