• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

clowsui Presents: Christmas Smash Bash @ Dr X's [Brawl + 64]

clowsui

Smash Legend
We need one more Brawl TV to make sure all the Wiis are used.

After this one TV is found all setups from here on out are for 64 and Melee.

If we want to do crews last then fine. I dunno, I guess I'll just be making food for Cincinnati then. If there's any extra then ppl not from Cincy get some

Desserts are crew battle prizes then =)

EDIT:

MHoltz we can't do crews; three crews all facing one another makes things problematic
1. If we all end up in a 1-1 situation what happens?
2. I'm pretty sure that me + two others on the crew can't stay over @ Doctor X's
3. Time issues

Nope

Smash Lord
MHoltz we can't do crews; three crews all facing one another makes things problematic
1. If we all end up in a 1-1 situation what happens?
2. I'm pretty sure that me + two others on the crew can't stay over @ Doctor X's
3. Time issues
Well if we are not aloud in crews then I would appreciate it if we held these last so we would be able to make the trek home at a decent hour. also Clowsui we will probably be bringing 6 from springfield and two from dayton might also be coming as well.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
as for setups, i'm pretty sure wangston's group is bringing two full setups. My group should have at least two as well, but if there's a shortage of wii/brawl, we can bring extra.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yeah so what it's looking like is that the tournament itself is going to take roughly nine to ten hours if all goes well. With a break in between doubles + singles we have half an hour more...which is 10.5 hrs.

1:00 - 5:00 Doubles
5:30 - 8:30 Pools (Singles)
8:30 - 11:30 Singles Bracket
11:30 - 1:00 Crews

I'm giving myself an hour margin of error on each of these btw, the calcs came out to be about two and a half hours for pools and two and a half hours for bracket. So if all goes well we may have crews earlier and ppl leaving earlier too.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
11:30-12:30 crews? You nuts? with 11 per crew? XD

Anyway, I think we should order chinese again... except this time
1) Q orders it
2) VELOCIRAPTOR

edit: My apartment can house some people, but you gotta bring sleeping stuff.

AND TELL ME IN ADVANCE SO THERE AREN'T 40 OF YOU

clowsui

Smash Legend
Assuming each match takes about 5 minutes you have 55 minutes.

Planning time would take up 20 minutes maybe during the whole thing?

So I guess it'd be about 1.5 hrs lol

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Just to clarify, this is on Saturday, December 20th right?

Also I can probably bring my Wii. And apparantly I'm part of the Cincinnati crew but that's cool. Should be able to stay for it.

Does anyone want to team up with me for doubles?

clowsui

Smash Legend
I was under the impression that e_ was teaming wit chu

In that case I'll teamsies Tyr

ALSO:

I NEED ONE MORE TV GUYS.

OS you don't need to order Chinese, if you guys really wanted some I could make it >_>;

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I hadn't talked to him. I kind of thought he was teaming with you. I don't really care who I'm teaming with. More interested in singles but doubles'll be fun too.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I dunno. He said he was interested in teaming w/ me but I kinda wanna team w/ someone I know I'll do pretty well with...double Marth or Falco/Marth =/= fun. With you I know you'll have your Snake + Lucas, so at least I get some degree of variety.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Lol clowsui calm down. You're trying to do too much. Running the tournament, attending it, and making food? When are you going to play friendlies?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Alright. I'll probably show up early so we can get in some friendlies and that money match. I'll probably go all Lucas in tournament play since my Snake isn't good enough to use against people who have experience against Snake players.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Lol clowsui calm down. You're trying to do too much. Running the tournament, attending it, and making food? When are you going to play friendlies?
^bing

We <3 you

But you ain't gotta do jack

just play smash

we can order food

clowsui

Smash Legend
haha that's what coming early is for. i will be at steve's house at like 10:00. I will make food for like an hour. Maybe two if Cate needs help for that dessert.
curry takes like 1 hr to start making, and then i leave it in the slow cooker for cincinnati when we wanna eat.
running the tournament can be accomplished by me + multiple other individuals helping me out (i.e. gunpunch!, QUIVO, Tyr, etc.)

clowsui

Smash Legend
ppl who played at TYM were also running brackets, not seeing the issue lol

Also ppl seem to be under the impression that I"m cooking during brackets.

I'm not.

Friday night I'm learning TIO.
Saturday morning before I come I'm doing the busy work for the curry. I get to the house, I plug the slow cooker in, we play Smash, I stir the pot every once in a while, I run the tournament. Others will be helping me run the tourney too =) I'm pretty sure I will be out of brackets relatively early so chances for MMs and friendlies are not slim.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Dang, if crew battles are going to be that late, and I'm driving Xisin, I probably should challenge someone to get in the roster ^__^

Clowsui, just make sure you don't overwhelm yourself with trying to do too much. If you need any help with Tio or help with running the tourney, I could lend a hand...maybe even both of them. =P

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ummm....I might be tad bit late for this tournament since I might have to work...Depending on if my Manager lets me let someone else cover my shift....so We'll see though...So ummmm yeah....I'll still be bringing My Wii though....So ummm Hold off to do the singles late as Possible....PLEASE!!!!! (that's if I don't get off) Oh and BTW I get off at 4pm....RaRaRaRaRa...so That should be cool Hopefully....

Nope

Smash Lord
Anyway, I think we should order chinese again... except this time
1) Q orders it
2) VELOCIRAPTOR
Velociraptor!!!! LOL honestly that was the worst Chinese ordering experience I have ever had.

Also Clowsui I don't have a Laptop with Tio to bring but I know how to work the program perfectly so if you need any help I would be more then happy to lend a hand. also do i need to look for another setup or will the two full ones I am bringing plus whatever we have be enough?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
tio doenst take a full day to learn...

it's simple enough that you could probably learn it the day of the the tournament >.>

clowsui

Smash Legend
MHoltz I need one more TV

Also Hilt I'd rather try and learn a little before hand so I don't mess up at all.

BTW MHoltz and Hilt: help me call matches plus use Tio? <3

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, that's cool. I'll help as much as i can.

we should be getting there early (like 11:00 maybe) so i can help setup too

Kel

Smash Master
There should be no restriction to the number of crews. As long as it's semi-regional, crews are fun as hell. And GUNPUNCH! is going to destroy any and all other crews anyway, so it's not like we have to worry about ties.

Sui, this is your first tournament, everyone will be willing to help in any way possible. But, really, tournaments are much more chill than you think. Don't worry about it so much.

We may need a megaphone or someone with a loud mouth to announce matches. Either that or we should go to meijer or something to buy huge sheets of paper to create a giant bracket (instead of a small tio laptop screen), much like the Japanese did in BYOC Japan. We could also use said giant sheets of paper to: designate which house is Steve's, rule rooms off limits by posting signs with the paper, and draw funny pictures of Sliq when he isn't looking. Yes? No?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Kel this is a city crews thing =P
We planned a city crew battle vs. Louisville a long time ago, it isn't like a multi-crew thing
I like the big piece of paper idea too. Who's going to get that? I'm not, I have exams all week =(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There should be no restriction to the number of crews. As long as it's semi-regional, crews are fun as hell. And GUNPUNCH! is going to destroy any and all other crews anyway, so it's not like we have to worry about ties.

Sui, this is your first tournament, everyone will be willing to help in any way possible. But, really, tournaments are much more chill than you think. Don't worry about it so much.

We may need a megaphone or someone with a loud mouth to announce matches. Either that or we should go to meijer or something to buy huge sheets of paper to create a giant bracket (instead of a small tio laptop screen), much like the Japanese did in BYOC Japan. We could also use said giant sheets of paper to: designate which house is Steve's, rule rooms off limits by posting signs with the paper, and draw funny pictures of Sliq when he isn't looking. Yes? No?
OS has a loud voice and will call out matches.

Dr.X, tell me what chips or candy your roomates like so I can apologize in advance.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Woah.

I have huge sheets of paper at my house.

I guess in my break periods during studying I'll work on labelling those brackets.

SINGLES - 4 SHEETS
2 - Pools
2 - Bracket

DOUBLES - 2 SHEETS
2 - Bracket

clowsui

Smash Legend
i hate to blame this on culture + what i've been raised on but yeah, my parents + my culture have imparted to me the importance of this dead-on accuracy + overpreparing/overachieving stuff.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Clow(n) Suuuu-eeeee!
XD
God, I hate Chemistry.

--and if OS' voice runs out, I'll yell a little too.
you'll have plenty of helping hands.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Ahh! The high school days.
Miss those =/

That's when it is still quite sane.
=P

Top Bottom