• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Codenamed:Epic; CANCELLED

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
wobbles, axe, crea, and i are going to be there.

we're not going to be at sunday's tourney, so that's why wobbles was able to make it.

Bing

Smash Master
is tee aye eye going?

im going

if i bring a power surge can i get any more $ off? $7 venue fee is crazy steep and i dont consume pizza or soda =/
wobbles, axe, crea, and i are going to be there.

we're not going to be at sunday's tourney, so that's why wobbles was able to make it.
no seriously you're hosting this tournament or at least made the topic and someone makes an inquiry about it and you just ignore it.
Now that answers the first of the question.

As for the rest of it. Its pretty clearly explained, and to be honest, you were kind of rude, 7$ is not steep.

Where I play, 10$ venue, 10$ singles, 10$ doubles.

Nothing is taken off for setups

Your venue, is the same, but you get money taken off for setups AND pizza and soda.(Even still, you can see it at 50 cents a piece, then you have a 6$ venue!. So please attend, get ***** Tai and the rest of AZ and enjoy :)

festizzio

Smash Champion
Emilyyyyy your phone is off! I'm at the post office, I'll be there in like 45 mins, I have a set up, don't start without me please!!

:phone:

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
Thank you everyone who showed up! Results will be posted Tomorrow (hopefully)

Special thanks to Crea, Wobbles, Axe, Tai, Eddie Mexico, Edgar and Bimbo!
<3

Love yall ^_^v

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Probably one of the best tournaments I've ever been to.

Jorge, where the hell did you go!? I wanted to play you more. Get a smashboards account.
Shoutouts to Eddie and Jeff. Nice guys.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Wobbles 2-0'd me in the second round of winners. 3-stock first game; last stock, last hit second game, in which he made a comeback with Popo.

edit: Oh, Doll is talking about losers finals of doubles, in which we also played.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
prob the most sd's ive ever had in one tournament :(

thanks for hosting emily i had a good time, fly for teaming with me, manatee for the ride, and eddy for his amazing falcon. ggs to everyone i played in tournament, i need to learn how to fight floaties, and it was nice seeing everyone that i talked to, yall know who u are! :)

strawhats

Smash Master
Wobbles 2-0'd me in the second round of winners. 3-stock first game; last stock, last hit second game, in which he made a comeback with Popo.

edit: Oh, Doll is talking about losers finals of doubles, in which we also played.
Can't wait to finally see some high level ICs dittos. Never thought I'd get to see u two play.
@fly:Did u play any friendlies with axe?

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
my impressions:

- wha?, sung and dantefox are beacons of light in the socal scene and are some real up-and-comers

- sad i didnt get to play baka/peligro

- awesome seeing khepri (omg ur soooo fine), michael cameron walters, practice man, andrew tai vo, ultra luigi, and other random smashers i havent seen in ages

- 909 is on the come-up. boba/scott pilgrim/ben is improving and hairy nipples and rc are two of the most promising talents in socal

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
very fun tournament

shoutouts before I forget
kevin - Good job in teams bro, you kept us alive in the bracket multiple times
Cameron - Glad that you could come to a tournament again, it was real dude
Fly - You are very smart and I'm not sure how I'll ever beat you but dammit I'm going to have to eventually
Wes - Thank you very much good sir. Next time you better beat AZ/Fly and give me hope dude
Peligro - man, my sheikl needs work lol
Manatee - GGs in tourney, I was shocked you didn't make it out
Joey - Your sheik is getting better all the time, and I like it. Also, LOLOLOLOL @ your pool.
Guy with the Marijuana hat - I forgot your tag, but your falco's tech skill and combos are really solid. Keep up the good work.
ROFL - I really wanted to MM you at the end of the tourney but you seemed pretty done lol
Dante - GGs in tourney. You've got heart dude, you MM me at like every tournament lol. Also DK vs Falcon is really fun (maybe cuz dk is a bad character, idk)
Adam - I'll look more in detail to the diet you told me about, but no carbs seems to be working kinda well for me. Ah well, new stuff never hurts.
Ben - good to see you going to stuff and motivated, and good **** for having a gf that wants to play falco haha
Khepri - suuuuuuuuuuuuuup, glad to see you for the first time in like 6 months!
Vahag - You're still so good even though you never play haha. Vahagisthe1
crea - no idea who you are but thanks for making the drive to socal
nicknyte - hope the married life is going well for ya big guy
andrew - GGs in bracket. I think you were dealing with my abuse of the top platform pretty well, don't think you needed to go to stadium. Regardless, set could have gone either way. Also, thanks for the help with recording. AND MAKE SURE TO SEND ME THE SOUND FILE, I NEED THAT SHIZ
Axe - Your pikachu is ridiculous, you know the character so god damn well, and you're hella good too
Wobbles- Good job (basically) winning. Also tai told me about what you named the whale. ROOOOOOOOOOFLLLLLL
sung - your fox is alright, and he is by FAR a better choice than playing samus, but regardless you should play falco
dan - haven't seen you in a while. Looking forward to the next time I have to play you in bracket
commonyoshi - IronMEN
couch - good to see people who are motivated to get better. You got this man!
Jizz - WTF, YOUR TAG IS CENSORED ON SWF LOOOOOL. I was surprised your peach/falco were actually pretty legit despite the fact I'd never met you before haha
Kyu Puff - Nice ICs. Hope to see you at more tournies
Vincent - didn't get to play you, but glad there's some new blood in the community. Hope you had fun and go to more tournies
Jesson - You'll get 'em next time dawg
Shean - I'm sorry I can't make it to your tourney today, but glad to see you at this!
wha/tapez - you guys are a good team, keep at it
Eddy - Man, you beat me every time!! Gaaaah, I'll get you eventually haha, but good stuff beating fly and I'm glad you could make it out to this
Bimbo - GGs man, I know if you keep trying you'll get me sooner or later. You just gotta decide on one main hahaha
Fist - viva mexico! lol
Emily - last but not least, good job hosting and making it finish on time and good **** convincing arizona to come to this!

thebigOPness

Smash Rookie
Hey Joey, I heard you finally got ranked 20th! In your pool!

And Dante! Actual props to you!

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
This was one of the best tournaments I've ever been to.

Axe/Wobbles - You guys are really nice :D I look forward to playing more some day.

Michael/Dillian - Great seeing you guys again.

GSub - Great matches and thanks for helping my gf.

Adam - Thank you for making the car ride interesting.

Jocelyn - You're so good for only a month. Get a smashboards account. Love you :p

Emily - Good **** hosting, but we need more food next time ;) Thanks for playing Jocelyn. She really likes playing you.

Peligro - Your peach *****. I need to learn that matchup.

Fly - Always a pleasure playing your ICs.

That black guy that played Luigi/Pichu - LOL fun matches

Dante Fox - You have a really interesting style. I could learn from you.

Baka - Sorry we didn't get to play. Next time for sure.

Oh and just a side note:

Never ever ever let mete****** aka math****sucker drive you to a tournament. He will make you two hours late then force you to leave halfway through because he has to sell weed even though he's not feeling this tough economy and is a jew so his life is so hard yet omg hes gonna lose 200 dollars. ****ing ***. **** you Ryan you buster *** *****. I'm deleting you from facebook and yes you are banned from smashfests at my house.

thebigOPness

Smash Rookie
Hey shadrach kabango, I'll bet they're beacons of light. Up your ***. You probably just bent over and opened up for their shining beacons to penetrate your dark dirty rectum. Because you submitting to their **** is probably the only way they'd have a chance to feel good about themselves anyways. So good for you, being a man of charity :).

AXE 09

Smash Master
Whoa whoa whoa. This can all be settled with some good 'ol Melee :)

That's what solves all my problems anyway

baka4moé

Smash Champion
LOL at ben :(

yea u and rc and jake sometime lets play

prob will do full shoutouts when the full results come out

GSUB

Smash Lord
Yeah, no problem Ben. You've taught her well so far.

But some tips: DON'T ACTUALLY HIT HER. Just put her in the situations that would normally get her attacked, and let her figure out ways of dealing with it on her own till she finds what works. Make it believable to her though. This forces her to come up with ways to approach and how to handle almost any situation; you'll be able to pinpoint exactly where and how she's learning; it's quite beautiful. tl;dr don't hit her all the time.

Also, dude, lay off of Ryan bro. The hate isn't needed. People have important lives outside of melee as well, just like you. He's a really chill dude. Hate begets hate; I think we both know you know that.

shoutouts while i'm here, lol

Ben: Yeah dude, great matches for sure. It's awesome to see all of us players rise through our walls and get better at this game! Good seeing you.

nickynyte: dude you're hilarious, playing you was really fun man :) those freakin MISFIRES, spot on, ahahhaa. great to have met you

Axe and Wobbles: you guys are too good and too kind, I love it, great seeing you guys! Till next time :)

Adam: Playing you was beyond words for me; I felt a deep connection through our matches. I learned so much, not just melee-wise. It was beautiful. I had a great time :) great to see you brother.

Marth-pwnzerrrrrrrrr: Dude it was great seeing you again! Our matches were fun as hell, and thanks for smoking me out dude, too kind of you, I really appreciate it; we had some moments, ahahahhahahha. And no, I don't hate you <3 hope to see you again soon! You give a great pep-talk too, ahahhaa, dude **** was hilarious. I really didn't know if I could pull it together and walk in that store and pretend to be miserable like everyone else, lololol.

Festizzio: You're a hell of a guy, had me laughing my *** off, haha. Our matches were hella fun too. Keep on keepin on!

Emily: Great job with the tournament :) it ran really smooth! Our doubles matches with Festizzio and marthpwnzer were freaking awesome and hilarious! Ahaaha, good times, you're fun to play melee with for sure.

Fly: Thanks for the knowledge and stories man! It feels great to learning new things, and I'm glad you could be the one to provide that! Great seeing you!

Kevin: Great seeing you :) you're too kind as well! We never got to play though sadlyyyyyy.. NEXT TIME FOR SURE

Baka: Love your peach, wish I could've gotten to play it man! Next time! Great to see you. Stay golden.

Matt: SO REAL dude. You're a hell of a friend. We gotta hang more.

Wes: Bro you're fun to be around for sure, ahaaha, some good laughs and good times, thanks for sharing your beautiful creation dude!!! AHHHH it was good stuff. Hope to see you around!

Everyone else: you're awesome and it was really awesome to see and meet you

Metameme

Smash Apprentice
It was great playing everyone :awesome: , i'm going to be coming to a lot more now cause this tournament was dope.

only shoutout;

scott pilgram lookin mofo you got to the tournament 2 hours before it started and left 1 hour early . also honestly i dont want to play with you at all cause youre whack af.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
hahahahaha that gif *****

ya cameron's right, hate begets hate. i had some haterific things to say wrt some people and things but i bit my tongue. all that's gonna happen is *****s gonna get salty and quote you and remember bad blood and **** all that drama. live and let live. holding grudges takes more energy than letting it go

sung your fox *****, props to going fox onry throughout the tourny. sorry i copped out and went sheik in g3

matt ravioli: http://chriskresser.com/

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
You guys are all awesome!! Thank you to everyone who money matched me

and thank you for everyone who gave me a hug and/or sweaty handshake

shoutouts to the oldschool players, sean adam brett, and all the new ones too. except hyprid cuz he didn't play me

last but not least shoutouts to mexico!!!! that doubles set was amazing

hope to see you soon

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Codename Epic people - Thanks for hosting, awesome venue, awesome amount of chairs, awesome restroom five steps away, I really hope y'all host again we will be there.
Doll666 - Gj in teams, 90% training. SHFFL/wd/dd/chain grabs/edgeguarding/learn everything about your character and do it well first
Craiger - I say stick with whatever makes you more comfortable and never think about what-ifs during a match, select a character and don't regret it
Crimson Blur - I think everyone has what it takes, and from the tournament today you felt like you didn't choke (because of the music) do whatever works for you man
Joe joe - I'm sorry you didn't make it out pools could have been more balanced, but in the end it was your lack of skill/composure
Baka4Moe - For some reason I thought you placed a lot higher, it was fun watching you in singles/doubs
ROFL - You're really good and we both messed up pretty hard in our set, I just got really lucky
Likewise - Thanks but I haven't really shown anything with my fox, it's just a messy lump of coal at the moment. You stuffed my approaches a lot and gj beating J666
Hyprid - I don't know what happened to you in tourney but the rare times I beat you in friendlies I just get incredibly lucky, best dash dancing Marth
Fly Amanita - I was playing friendlies and did not watch you vs Eddy. You're so good and play teams very well
Eddie Mexico - You are a god in teams, didn't watch you in singles however
Dendy Pretendy - I feel like you need to start playing a lot differently and be able to control your character better. Gj in teams we did fairly well
Stab - Awesome job beating Tai I hope it was recorded
Manatee - Careful about side B's (still) and don't land with an aerial too close to me or I'll be able to grab, if you do a close aerial then make sure you hit me/shield
Peligro - You still have the best speed float cancelled aerials, amazing team name
AZ - Thanks for comin we'll be there as well in a little bit :)
J666 - I still don't know if it's your character or you, but whatever you do you'll ****, I'm sure people think you win just because you have Link tricks but you're actually a really smart player
Wha? - Hope that L button will be fixed soon, make sure to work on them techs
Tapez - Heard you got really close to beating Dendy Pretendy, props
Ggs to everyone else, it was good practice

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Learned a lot this tournament. Definitely hyped for the next one.

Thanks for the matches Emerican and Fly. I really appreciate the tips.

Emily that was a great tournament, I was just very salty.

Sung - Lol always putting me on blast with the realistic comments. But it is probably true.
Manatee - GG's man, well I'll have to put in some thought before we play again.
Peligro - Always a pleasure, bout to do it up.
ROFL - GG's you ****
P - No Johns, you kept me shut down.
SB - Do work as always.
**** - Nice meeting you man, fun playing doubles.
Stab - Wish we coulda played more, next time though.
J666- DAT LINK!!!, I gotta stop jumping into your u-airs.
Hyprid- so many grabs... Yackkkkk. lol gg's man, we gotta play again, I got worked on so many levels.

Top Bottom