• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Hello Moblin.

Got your video.

I thought that maybe if I saw her win more, then I'd see some new technology for Litchi and would really like her. Nope, she seems really really boring now. =/ They just keep taking from her until she has no variety from the rest of the cast. I guess I'll know better if I get hands on but nothing makes me feel like she's a character meant for anything. Weaker midscreen game, difficult/non-existent corner carries, and seems strong in the corner again, but nothing to really support it from her staff attack-wise, just her non-staff pressure with staff gimmicks to reduce move lag.

:( I'll see, I'll see. Ranga is looking more fun and he got bodied hard in that video.

This describes my thoughts on CSE Lambda exactly.

Boring, unfun, and generic.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
See, TokyoGamer7, Rachel is pretty okay, I guess, as a character (whatever floats your boat). I'd like her if she didn't have the personality of dried paint, but some people go for that kinda thing (and loli-looking vampires, I guess).
However, she was a total ***** in CT, and I will forever disregard anything she ever does in the canon or in the metagame simply because of her *****osity. :applejack:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only person in this game with a personality of dried paint is tager. Ironically, the rest could probably tone it down a bit.

Rachel being a ***** is what makes her cool. You just don't know. :(

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Your taste in characters are just not sophisticated enough to enjoy rachel.

Shes dignified and ladylike, but is a sarcastic condescending ***** to anyone she sees as lower then her. (which is like, everyone) Something about thats appealing though. Shes a ***** but a lovable one. And ya know, she does have her nice moments. I think shes more of a tsundere then anything. '3'

Tagers boring though. :I Best part about his story mode was kokonoe. =w=

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Rachel being a ***** is what makes her cool. You just don't know. :(
I'm not talking about her personality when I call her a *****. I'm calling her a ***** in context of the metagame back in CT.

Your taste in characters are just not sophisticated enough to enjoy rachel.

Shes dignified and ladylike, but is a sarcastic condescending ***** to anyone she sees as lower then her. (which is like, everyone) Something about thats appealing though. Shes a ***** but a lovable one. And ya know, she does have her nice moments. I think shes more of a tsundere then anything. '3'
Too bad that Rachel symbolizes one of the most boring character archetypes in the world.
I'd probably think less of it if she also wasn't so bland in character design and had such a lame story. It's all so typical and unoriginal.

Tager's personality is probably more colorful just because watching him spaz is funnier than watching Rachel do anything. :applejack:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So... you don't like rachel because she was good in CT and she's a loli?

Your logic confuses me.

Also bland character design is just a lie and you know it. Again, ironically, the only character in BB that I would say has a bland design is Tager.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Too bad that Rachel symbolizes one of the most boring character archetypes in the world.
I'd probably think less of it if she also wasn't so bland in character design and had such a lame story. It's all so typical and unoriginal.
I'll be honest. I probably like her because i'm touhou fantard. Being a dress wearing, tea sipping loli, and starting **** with everyone ya meet is like the personallity of half the cast. =p

I don't like it either. Oh how low i've sunkeeeen~!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ultimate changes are dumb imo. Whoever picks wesker and mashes harder wins.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oh god I hope hes good again~!
Baaaaang~! <3 BB was the first game I tier *****d in. Oh man, I miss when bang was the maaaaan and could take half of your life bar away for free from anywhere on the screen. :< What am I saying... Bangs still the ****. No matter how low tier he is i'll main him. :3

EDIT: Oh and about marvel. Im more afraid of doom then anything. Sentinel got nerfed yet again which is a bummer, but hey I gotta replace someone on my team for frank west.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I will take both these opinions into account when I see you guys actually playing the games in tournament. Or at all.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Dude. I think you'd think less of me if I went to a BB tourney. I'm *** at that game now. :I I use to be great, but I just got bummed over having to relearn my characters so much thats I hardly play it anymore.

EDIT: And by great I mean Bang was so great that his greatness carried me to greatness.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I will take both these opinions into account when I see you guys actually playing the games in tournament. Or at all.
So you're asking me to demonstrate why I don't like a game by spending money to play the game that I don't like?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Thats cool. I stopped carrying.
er.
Ok, like I don't mean to be rude, but your a real **** sometimes man I just stopped carrying at one point.

No hate though. Just nuetral ya know? Its not in my nature to dislike someone. And I understand why ya hate me. Its all good. :3

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I didn't ask you anything Spelt. I merely said that I would consider your opinion on marvel when I saw you play marvel. Not in a tourney, just playing the game at all. If it never happens, then I'll just never consider your opinion of it, I don't see why you feel so concerned about that.

We have covered extensively when I would stop hating you sunny. As soon as you are at any event, confirmed by someone I know exists, then the hate will be done. But I feel you mean you stopped caring, not carrying.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wasn't concerned about anything. I was merely inquiring for further clarification into your statement, keeping the discussion moving. I don't see why you feel so concerned about my level of concern for this current topic.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Spelt should know when you are dealing with Tim, you lose, even when you think you win. It doesn't happen. Even if you arent trying to win anything. Tim still wins. Even if it isn't a matter of winning or losing, Tim wins.
Because Tim.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I didn't ask you anything Spelt.
HOLY **** THATS SPELT?! This whole time I thought you were some random brony.
Hi spelt. :3

We have covered extensively when I would stop hating you sunny. As soon as you are at any event, confirmed by someone I know exists, then the hate will be done. But I feel you mean you stopped caring, not carrying.
I know. But I don't want to meet you if I go. I know I don't know the real you. But from what i've seen and how you treat me, I just don't wanna see you. I wouldn't be able to talk to you normally. It would feel like talking to a bully, Even if you did treat me differently. You just killed my good spirit way too much times on here.

Hurr and yea caring. >w>

but enough of this drama-llama ****. Ignore me and talk about fighting games again.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I hate things that don't exist too. The fact that they don't exist infuriates me. How dare they not exist? Who gave them the right to not exist?! They have no right to push their non-existence on us existing folk.

Also unrelated to my terrible trolling...I am going to the fight night this thursday. I wanna see some Brawl players there! Who is coming? Also I will probably play Marvel too. I am not very good still and could benefit learning stuff. Although my teams are kind of not practiced much (except for the point characters) as I am changing everything else when UMvC3 comes out.
Anyways who is going to this?

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
@Bess the Bee: Not this week. I'll probably head up next week though. I'm trying to go every other weekend or so. Also have fun on their TVs: It's like playing on good WiFi.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I hate things that don't exist too. The fact that they don't exist infuriates me. How dare they not exist? Who gave them the right to not exist?! They have no right to push their non-existence on us existing folk.

Also unrelated to my terrible trolling...I am going to the fight night this thursday. I wanna see some Brawl players there! Who is coming? Also I will probably play Marvel too. I am not very good still and could benefit learning stuff. Although my teams are kind of not practiced much (except for the point characters) as I am changing everything else when UMvC3 comes out.
Anyways who is going to this?
Planning on going, Bees!. So I'll see ya there, if so.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Planning on going, Bees!. So I'll see ya there, if so.
Sounds great! I miss me some Jamaal. :)
All I wanted to do was talk about blazblue. :(
I would talk about it but UMvC3 is coming out Tuesday and Blazblue already abandoned me last time when MvC3 came out.(I bought BB and everyone quit for MvC3) Someday I will get into BB. But right now UMvC3 is my main focus.
I will likely be doing Spider-Man, Ghost Rider and Storm. However if there is a DLC and Venom is in it then I will be running team noodly defense with Spider-Man, Venom and Ghost Rider.
Then my second team will be Frank West, Deadpool and probably Nova.

I might go to fight night. depends on homework situation.

but right now things are looking really good.
I miss my gay dubs partner not named Meno and the one that is named Meno!
Meno!!!!!!!please come to Fight Night!

Also I may be messing around with other characters as well for fun. I really like ZSS and if I can't get anywhere with ROB and Kirby I may drop them both for her because I think she can be a top character without MK around.

Top Bottom