• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Also I may be messing around with other characters as well for fun. I really like ZSS and if I can't get anywhere with ROB and Kirby I may drop them both for her because I think she can be a top character without MK around.
I really like ZSS and if I can't get anywhere with ROB and Kirby I may drop them both
:sadrobface:

I've messed around with a lot of characters over the last few months but I'll always fall back to R.O.B. as my most reliable character, even with Falco in my arsenal.
Almost tempted to see how my Jiggs would fare in a tourney, lol. She's actually my second best character.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
If my dad is doesn't go out or anything on thursday after work (taking the only car with him), then i will be at fight night for no other reason than to see Bees.

*cough*

EDIT: Okay I won't have a car, but I'm barely 15 minutes away from the place. Anyone wanna help me out? I'll pay the venue of whoever helps me get there :( .

Bees!

Smash Ace
:sadrobface:

I've messed around with a lot of characters over the last few months but I'll always fall back to R.O.B. as my most reliable character, even with Falco in my arsenal.
Almost tempted to see how my Jiggs would fare in a tourney, lol. She's actually my second best character.
ZSS is a very solid character. I like how she can deal with things. The problem with both Kirby and ROB is that they lack tools to deal with certain situations that high tiers create regularly. I love both Kirby and ROB. Kirby requires amazing spacing to do well and reading with him is awesome. ROB has some cool little ATs and what not but he still gets **** on by D3, Snake, Falco, ZSS, Olimar, Pikachu and Fox.
If my dad is doesn't go out or anything on thursday after work (taking the only car with him), then i will be at fight night for no other reason than to see Bees.

*cough*
Would be nice to see you again. I am interested to try playing people more. I love ROB and Kirby and could never stop playing them all together. But they may take a backseat competitively to Zero Suit Samus.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Spelt, you made an uninformed statement on mvc3, then backed away and tried to just use my own words against me instead of defending your statement. Poor form. I was merely attempting to point out how incredibly bad your argument was, and how I no longer give any thought to the opinions of people who don't know what they're talking about, in almost everything.

For reference, imagine that I claimed Noel was just mash to win in BBCS2. Then remember that I never did. Then recall you claimed a character with a similar tier placement in mvc3 was. See how bad that is.

Sunny, you don't need to go to something I go to, there are plenty of free things in the springs. I just hate you until you go to one. If that doesn't affect your life, then don't go to one, it isn't like 1 person hating you should have any impact on your life.

Bees, from your comments, I have learned you hate God. What time are you going to be at fight night, I'm trying to decide if I want to be there early or late.

Hi Jamaal.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I have the fragile psyche of 13 year old girl on prom night Konata-san!!
But yea, you bet your *** i'm going to something!!! Sorrrrry I was in a bad mood early. I'm kinda psyched to meet you man. Gonna ask my friend if he wants to go to fight night with me. As long as its not like half a state away again. ****, why hasn't the teleporter been evented yet?!

I mean, actually something similar to a teleporter has been created but I don't wanna sound like a lune and rant about that. Actually I really do. Someone ask. Do it.

I hate things that don't exist too. The fact that they don't exist infuriates me. How dare they not exist? Who gave them the right to not exist?! They have no right to push their non-existence on us existing folk.
YOU'RE TROLLING IS AS ROBOTIC AS YOUR SOUUUUL! >:CCC
Buut yea, i'm gonna look into this for ya. Kinda psyched to meet you too. You can be my Ro-bro~! <3

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's not what I did at all. Besides the fact that I never even intended for this to turn into an argument, because we all know we already have enough of those on this thread as is, I never backed away. I was only trying to point out how ridiculous your post was. Why would I defend my statement if you've already claimed you weren't going to care about anything I said? Wait, I can answer that for you.

A. You just wanted to be a hypocrite.
B. You wanted to instigate more irrelevant details to this argument which you previously mentioned you have no interest in continuing.

Instead of backing your point you claim there's no need but when I do the same you attack me for going off topic.

Not only did you not disprove anything, but you didn't even get my point in the first place. The wesker and mashing comments were completely separate ideas. You can pick any other character and mash to win if you wanted to do that too. I was expressing my annoyance over the amount of moves they've made into "mash to make it do more damage".

Since we're getting technical, Noel is mash to win.

And before you go through the trouble of creating a counter argument, let me just help you with that as well:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13643923&postcount=49661

Bees!

Smash Ace
Bees, from your comments, I have learned you hate God. What time are you going to be at fight night, I'm trying to decide if I want to be there early or late.

Hi Jamaal.
<3
I will be up there at 5 but will likely leave a little early because I have class in the morning.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Not only did you not disprove anything, but you didn't even get my point in the first place. The wesker and mashing comments were completely separate ideas. You can pick any other character and mash to win if you wanted to do that too. I was expressing my annoyance over the amount of moves they've made into "mash to make it do more damage".
Not to jump into Spelt getting trolled hard. I really like both you and Tim. However I wanted to emphasize what you put here and link you to this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOAkT2X_7II&feature=feedu
It is a breakdown of mashing hypers in Umvc3 and if you notice this new concept isn't much of a game changer or breaker. In fact the amount of damage you get out of it may clench you a victory every now and then by nabbing an extra 50k(at best) but besides that it hardly game changing.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Further emphasizing the fact that it wasn't really supposed to be taken that seriously.

Also bees your view of the Internet is like everything being black or white. Except instead Its good troll or bad troll.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
C. I want you to research before you make claims about something.

Replace "you" with "anyone" to see how it applies to real life.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Further emphasizing the fact that it wasn't really supposed to be taken that seriously.

Also bees your view of the Internet is like everything being black or white. Except instead Its good troll or bad troll.
you sound pretty serious. Also if it is bad trolling why are you still responding? Just saying. Also I don't think there is only good and bad trolling. you for instance are moderately good at trolling at times and can be pretty good. I am moderately terrible but don't care because I say things for my own amusement. And the response I get usually adds to the amusement.

But do tell me more of my views on things...I enjoy it greatly.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
C. I want you to research before you make claims about something.

Replace "you" with "anyone" to see how it applies to real life.
Glad you took my advice and just reworded your earlier post, because obviously it would be too hard to just explain to my why i'm wrong or "uninformed" so instead you throw out these vague misguided interpretations.

you sound pretty serious. Also if it is bad trolling why are you still responding? Just saying. Also I don't think there is only good and bad trolling. you for instance are moderately good at trolling at times and can be pretty good. I am moderately terrible but don't care because I say things for my own amusement. And the response I get usually adds to the amusement.

But do tell me more of my views on things...I enjoy it greatly.
No... that's the point. Not everything is a troll. You act like any discussion on the internet (or just having to do with me specifically) is just throwing over-exaggerations at each other until one's brain explodes from sarcasm overload.

You're the one that said it was a troll... 6_9

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
You're wrong because you claim in ultimate that mashing with wesker will get your winner. I know you know fighting games better than to claim that mashing will get you a winner.

Why would the wesker that mashes harder win? Because his super does more? By how much? Did you look into that before that claim? Did you think about how much damage the other wesker might do with combos? What about characters that are better than wesker? How specific do I have to be before you admit you made a stupid claim about a game you don't know the metagame for? I'll be as specific as you want, I'm bored and drunk enough to do that for you.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
What? Have you been reading my posts? I clearly said that that's not what I was referring to.

I wasn't saying that you mash with wesker to win. I was saying you pick wesker ... aaaaaaand then mash with whoever the **** you want to to win.

Let me repeat that just so it's clear.

You can mash with any character, not just wesker.

I have no problem admitting that I don't know the metagame to an unreleased game, lol. Not sure when that became a problem, but if that's your big issue with my "uninformed" statement than you have no reason to talk because you, nor anybody else, knows what umvc's metagame will look like yet.

Although I give you props for actually supporting a point, but now that I know you're drunk I do feel like i'm getting trolled a little bit. :c

90% of the arguments I get into are because someone took one of my jokes too seriously. I should probably just apologize for taking it to far and let it go.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Original Spelt statement:
Ultimate changes are dumb imo. Whoever picks wesker and mashes harder wins.

Amended to:
The wesker and mashing comments were completely separate ideas. You can pick any other character and mash to win if you wanted to do that too. I was expressing my annoyance over the amount of moves they've made into "mash to make it do more damage".

---

I don't understand how picking Wesker makes mashing with your other characters win. That makes absolutely no sense. Because he has average health? Because he has strong zoning? The only mashable moves in the game are supers, berserker barrage, tornado throw. I don't see how that makes having Wesker on your team make you win when you mash.

You don't know the metagame of mvc3, and what will apply to umvc3. And acting like they'll be completely separate is hilarious. All I want is for you to look into things before you make claims on them, is that so wrong?

And if Noel is just mash to win, why isn't she winning majors?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're still misunderstanding me. :@

I didn't amend anything. Only tried to reword it so you might understand. So far i'm failing at that.

Let's look at it this way:

ways to win in UMvC:

1) Pick Wesker.
2) Mash.

There is absolutely nothing in common with those two. Think of them as oil and vinegar.

Acting like you know exactly how it's metagame will unfold is equally as hilarious.

Still not sure what I needed to look into. The metagame that hasn't begun yet? You're just taking everything way too literally now. According to you if I say Ryu's fireball is broken than that obviously means that that's all you do to win a major tournament.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
"Ultimate changes are dumb imo. Whoever picks wesker and mashes harder wins."

What in that statement looks to you like it doesn't imply that picking wesker and mashing harder will win tourneys?

So you say that you meant "Ultimate changes are dumb imo. Whoever picks wesker OR mashes harder wins."

That's still stupid. Why are those the keys to winning? You could try looking into what's been revealed for ultimate, or the current mvc3 tournament scene and extrapolating a halfway intelligent idea of what might progress.

If you said ryu's fireball was broken, I would want to know why, but only if you showed me enough knowledge to explain it. If you said wesker was broken, the same would apply. If you said mashing for 10% more damage on supers was broken, the same would apply.

You say you want to play BB in tourneys, but then call a character in it "mash to win". That either shows a lack of understanding of the character, or a complete lack of respect for anyone using the character. You can pick any character in a game and mash and beat some people. I can probably mash in marvel against almost anyone that reads this with hulk and win, but he isn't mash to win. I can probably pick bang and mash d against all but 2 people in here and win, but he isn't mash to win.

Years ago, I too judged characters I didn't play and games I didn't play. I spat out knowledge on them. And now I realize that learning first, and speaking second, is a much better path. I only wish for you to get to that realization sooner, that's why I type these things spelty.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Sunny knows what's up.

Either way, everything's an assumption and everyone has their own opinions, so it will be seen later what UMvC3's metagame will become. :p

/whysosrsguise

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
My god this is so ********.

Whatever, I don't know what i'm talking about. You win. There you go.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Sunny knows what's up.

Either way, everything's an assumption and everyone has their own opinions, so it will be seen later what UMvC3's metagame will become. :p

/whysosrsguise
Damn straight! Logic has no place in fighting games. Only money matches!

...Atleast its a better way to solve things then this. Why waste each others time like that? You both know neither of you are going to change eachothers mind. Just respect that. Or atleast don't go tooth and nail at each other.

Tim stop being an instigator. :I Spelt was awesome enough to stop wasting your guys time and end this.

...I still want a money match though.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Oh how little I care about your thoughts on character concepts. :(

...But that's what you thought about cs2 lambda.
Orignally yeah, then i played her a bit and i liked her.

...but then i watched more matchup videos of her and i arrived at the conclusion that they've forced her playstyle change into some sort of awkward rushdown character and it seems less fun. I dunno, i'll try her, but i'm probably going to pick up a character that actually focuses on zoning if i even keep playing blazblue <3

Top Bottom