• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH MELEE WEEKLIES..indefinite hiatus

soap

Smash Hero
I am on a weird schedule where I sleep twelve plus hours one nite, then don't sleep the next...

The timing this week was just bad.

BUT, Kweli show tonite at Skully's!

soap

Smash Hero
Hatin all the way from South America

I got a review from a friend who saw him last week that it was a really good show.

Big_R

Smash Champion
i know i know everyone is a scrub no worries. i will rely on myself to find smash now. i'm done hosting formal thurs shindigs takin mah life up.

still down to smash but im takin it old school. just callin ppl spur of the moment.

so these have run their course. cant say i didnt try to build this up.

it's been real and i'll see you on the other side.

Ray T

Smash Cadet
The Ohio State University | Columbus, OH USA
Ohio Smash Initiative

Hey all,

Hope to see all you melee players out there this Saturday.

And as for the melee scene in Columbus, The Ohio Smash Initiative will always have our doors open to you guys.

We have 25 tv's as of this writing and will be ever-expanding. At this melee tournament, we will have 2 tv's per pool (8 pools) and the rest will be for brawl and 64 friendlies for the entire day.

When we have our upcoming brawl tournament, we will have even more tv's and those not used for pool play in the brawl tourney will be dedicated to 64 and melee- it will always be a smashfest at the very least for every iteration of smash.

Who knows; we may even be able to hold a brawl and melee tourney, each with pools, concurrently- it's a stretch, logistically but it's something to hope for.

Again, I look forward to seeing your crew out there on saturday Big R.

Best,

Ray T

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i went to a kweli show at my college, so if you were there trail you should have called

it was $25, started 2.5 hours late, and lasted 40 minutes

soap

Smash Hero
my brother went to his show at his college in DC like 5-6 years ago and said it was wack as well.

the one I just went to last week was like 9 pm to 4 am. kweli came on at 1 and had a 2 hour set, a full band, and a great show, on point with everything. Met him before the show and got some stuff signed too. It's possible he stepped his live show game up since then.

Big_R

Smash Champion
Did ANYONE happen to take an oversized neon orange memory card??? I would love you forever if you returned it to me.

Thank you

Big_R

Smash Champion
What results thread? I never took my orange memory card anywhere. It would have happened here.

LOL I dont remember tellin you this bigd. did i? i ****in need those thing i had 3000 god damn pikmin and i had a new beast game started ahhhhhhhhhhh

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Don't forget the OSI is this weekend in Columbus. Post here if you are coming, if you bring a setup and are only entering Melee the total cost is just $15 for ALL day Smashing and 16 setups. Last event we had 48 Melee entrants. Doubles (double elim), pool play follow by bracket play for singles. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302055

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Whoa whoa whoa, Tope is moving to Ohio?

Where in Ohio, dude? You gotta hit up a Michigan tourney sometime.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
That is pretty ****ing awesome. Tope and Drephen can have a weekly battle of the alahomo er, Sheik ditto.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Its a little east of columbus in a town called pickerinton.

LOL

no i certainly don't want weekly sheik gay battles.

Top Bottom