• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"common knowledge" that a lot of people don't know

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I think he was referring to missing the wall jump then try and wall tech on the knockback from the little exploding boxes

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I for some reason thought he meant walljump tech to get invincibility and then wall jump on the other wall while staying invincible.

Probably hella wrong tho

Lovage

Smash Hero
wtf

sorry for making it sounding confusing

all i meant was it's possible to walljump off damage boxes without getting hit

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Actually i meant to type "It's also a good way to practice tech jumping" i just suck at typing recently.

and no, i knew what SWolf meant.

Also seeing Kaostar's post now i want to go see if it's possible to do Tech->Wall Jump on the burner. Not a Tech Jump just a Tech to wall jump. Not useful, just for ****s and giggles.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
3rd that.

SW you don't have to play kirby, if you want to play another character i'm fine with that. no top/high tier plz

THeDarKnesS

Smash Journeyman
Kirby can flame cancel in all version of smash. Bowser can only do it in the first version.

i think its pretty well known that holding down can alter your jump from ledge, but i found out (for myself) that it can alter short hops and probably full hops too. i only tried it with samus cuz i dont really care lol.

well maybe not, i just posted it like that because i knew about altering the height of ledge jumping a long time ago and not regular jumps lol. to see the difference with ledge jumps, use bowser on yoshis, and for reg short hops i did samus on yoshis.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I knew you could DI weird directions from a ledge jump, but I didn't think just holding down did anything

I'll try that next time I'm near a GC

so like 2 weeks

-_-

X1-12

Smash Champion
well maybe not, i just posted it like that because i knew about altering the height of ledge jumping a long time ago and not regular jumps lol. to see the difference with ledge jumps, use bowser on yoshis, and for reg short hops i did samus on yoshis.
I'm 99% sure that all that's happening in both cases is you are holding Down so that you don't land on the platform, you instead fall through

With bowser, I've managed to hold down just after pressing Y, then paused it and seen that none of bowser's body is visible from the bottom of the platform, let go of down and un-paused, and I landed, I've done the same without holding Down and paused it in the same place then started holding down, un-paused and fallen through

I've done basically the same thing with Samus to

THeDarKnesS

Smash Journeyman
Can you Action Replay hacked copies of SSBM? That's not a contradiction btw it's just a separate question?

ChaosNoobSlayer

Smash Cadet
I'm fairly sure that you can in fact use Action Replay on a hacked version of SSBM. All of the file names need to be consistent and I do not think there is a way to implement that if you have an internal copy on the Wii.

Of course some codes probably will fail depending on what they are set out to alter. There is nothing stopping you from altering the current Action Replay codes so they are consistent with file names within your hacked .iso.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
lol SW trolling the boards

Lovage

Smash Hero
if you play with only one character on the stage (name entry glitch,) the tree on dreamland will always blow wind towards you.

so if you're playing by yourself and you only stay on the right side of dreamland, the wind will always blow to the right.

i wonder if this effects 2 player matches too.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Man, nobody knows that. ****s hella uncommon, start a new thread lol.

But thats actually pretty interesting, I play solo alot but never really noticed. DL is my favorite stage too.

Top Bottom