• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"common knowledge" that a lot of people don't know

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
This is the killing % on Falco using upward sending attacks.
FD

Fox PAL upsmash - 107%
Marth Dsmash - 97%(92% if you DI towards) with the 2nd hit and 100% with the 1st/front hit.
Peach upsmash - 93% with the special sweetspot.
Fox NTSC upsmash - 93% no DI och 92% with DI towards, 91% very little DI towards
Pikachu upsmash - 87%

Don't feel like checking Sheik, I think the sweetspot kills at 104-105% in PAL and 99-102% in NTSC.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
This is the killing % on Falco using upward sending attacks.

Fox PAL - 107%
Marth Dsmash - 97%(92% if you DI towards) with the 2nd hit and 100% with the 1st/front hit.
Peach - 93% with the special sweetspot.
Fox NTSC - 93% no DI och 92% with DI towards, 91% very little DI towards
Pikachu - 87%

Don't feel like checking Sheik, I think the sweetspot kills at 104-105% in PAL and 99-102% in NTSC.
uhhh what stage?

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
uhhh what stage?
More like:
- What stage?
- What part of the stage were both characters at?
- What DI? There's talk about the DI from Marth's d-smash so that could lead people to believe the DI is not all the same
- What move? "upward-sending attack." Fox has at least five of those off the top of my head (not including things like bair)

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
lol sorry i was very tired..
This was done in the mid of FD.
Fox using upsmash since it's the strongest so I kinda thought it was a "Duh" moment.
Upsmash with Pikachu, Upsmash with Peach

No DI on Marths Dsmash sends you at an angle upright/upleft.. by DI'ing towards the hitter you fly straight up.. Fox also send you at an angle but his angle ain't as hard as Marth's so I had to do little DI towards to fly straight up and not behind Fox.

Really, people really thought that Falco would die sub 100% with stuff like uair, upthrows?

BunBun

Smash Master
I have a question:
Does the knockback angle of an angled tilt change with the angle of the tilt?
Since it has a different axis, does the original angle apply on the new axis, or is the knockback the same regardless of the tilt angle?

X1-12

Smash Champion
I have a question:
Does the knockback angle of an angled tilt change with the angle of the tilt?
Since it has a different axis, does the original angle apply on the new axis, or is the knockback the same regardless of the tilt angle?
I just tested with falcos on a jiggs a 999% and there's no noticeable difference

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
The only moves that don't stale in knockback are fixed knockback moves like Fox's shine

Knockback is calculated AFTER damage is done, so as damage stales, knockback stales
Charge shot and missiles behave differently though. If you hit with a Fox upsmash at 99% and it doesn't quite kill, it will do less damage when you hit with it again, but it will still KO. Samus' charge shot will do less damage AND not KO again, much like how every move in Barlw works.

Rayzorium

Smash Apprentice
X1, for a clearer example, try shooting Fox with a charged shot on Hyrule. A fresh shot at 100% will take him almost exactly from one end of the stage to the other. A completely stale shot at 112% (btw, 125% after the shot in both cases) will barely clear 1/3 of the stage.

I'm hurt that you simply assumed I was wrong! This thread is all about finding out things you didn't know! D=

Also...
I love this post
I thought your sig was bugs and tried to squish it. =(

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Charge shot and missiles behave differently though. If you hit with a Fox upsmash at 99% and it doesn't quite kill, it will do less damage when you hit with it again, but it will still KO. Samus' charge shot will do less damage AND not KO again, much like how every move in Barlw works.
those are projectiles and they do actually stale in kb as well as damage.

I jv5 a level 9 bowser using only shadow ball and noticed that even over 140 it would never send him flying.

are samus missiles like this also?

edit: nvm you said and missiles lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
all characters with charged moves lose their charge when they are hit out of their recovery move. May include any B move.

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
Some hitboxes in NTSC are bigger then in PAL, especially fox his Up-B is 10 times more easier to edgegaurd in PAL, I just played NTSC for the first time last weekend.
Fox upsmash and Marths up tilt aswell, there are some more but can't think of them now, il check later.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
If you grapple beam with Samus, or hookshot with Link/Ylink, and die , you can't use your grapple when you get off the recovery platform.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Some hitboxes in NTSC are bigger then in PAL, especially fox his Up-B is 10 times more easier to edgegaurd in PAL, I just played NTSC for the first time last weekend.
Fox upsmash and Marths up tilt aswell, there are some more but can't think of them now, il check later.
you dont need to. we already know. >_________>

Top Bottom