• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"common knowledge" that a lot of people don't know

Rayzorium

Smash Apprentice
When you Doraki walljump, you can stay on the ledge for however long you want (until the game makes you let go, essentially) and still instantly walljump off.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Ganon can't "scoop" fox while fox is standing on the ground. No really. Go try it. It's bull****.

(By "scoop" i mean hit him with a rising uair from the ground)

mers

Smash Ace
Ganon can't "scoop" fox while fox is standing on the ground. No really. Go try it. It's bull****.

(By "scoop" i mean hit him with a rising uair from the ground)
Wait, for real?

That's dumb as hell.

Edit: wait, you said rising. That makes more sense now. It's hard as hell to do with Falcon, I always JC usmash.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
did you guys know, on the venom stage, you can tech the corners of the level while in the cave?
Lol omg, that reminds me the good old days when I was not playing any tournaments. I just tried to kill my friend and then he would just keep bouncing back on stage all the time. lol.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Mewtwo's disable can be reflected by shine, but not cape.
Don't know if that's been mentioned or not.
its not true.

disable is a projectile, only hits if they are facing you.

can be shine, caped, nayru's love, power shielded, countered.

it can be blocked with links standing shield and toad(will not attack tho. Id really like an explanation for that, maybe its too weak to trigger it aka 1% isnt enough damage to activate the counter aspect of it????).

cannot be absorbed by ness or the bucket.

pretty weird **** imo lol. I think itsthe thing where it only reacts to certain hitbox's

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i hit a level 9 peach with sheiks fair and shielded right afterwards, she did toad and broke my shield. abusable?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Really? I was always under the impression it couldn't be caped. And I can't get it to work for the life of me. :/
its hard.

mewtwo's disable comes out above the cape.

if you cape too close you turn m2 around, too far you miss. you also need to jump.

try it on the corneria fin if u want to test it out. have mario on the raised part so you dont have to worry about the height difference. Line their eyes up.

lol @ summoning magus at any sign of confusion. just ask first lol.

Edit: but Id like to summon magus to explain that toad ****. lol jk. but for real somebody explain that shiz lol.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i cant imagine a reliable trick that would get somebody to shield a counter after hitting it

but still, pretty crazy

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
in other news

ganon can scoop fox with a rising uair hes on the ground, you just have to stand a little bit far away from him

i just did it like 10x in a row

Jonas

Smash Champion
I was fooling around with DK vs a dummy Fox and I noticed that I couldn't hit him with DK's Utilt if he was lying flat on the ground with his head towards the left. If his head is pointing towards the right (this might be the other way around, but I can't really remember :p), I could hit him, if I faced away from him (the hitbox at the end of the animation), and it didn't matter which side I was attacking from.
Does Fox's lying hurtbox just change (not just flip) depending on his left-right orientation or what? :v

Maybe it's just a question of whether he lies on his back or face down, but I don't really know how you make him do it on purpose :/

Lovage

Smash Hero
in other news

ganon can scoop fox with a rising uair hes on the ground, you just have to stand a little bit far away from him

i just did it like 10x in a row
yea that's pretty sick

i always thought if marth could do that on spacies/sheik he would have a lot of sweet stuff (especially oos)

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
well... i thought this was common knowledge, but apparently a lot of people don't know it.

you can buffer jumps out of hitstun.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
apparently, theres a frame gap before you exit hitstun wherein, if you press the jump button during this time, you will jump immediately when hitstun ends.

Im guessing its 20 frames because thats the window for other forms of buffering in melee, so 20 frames before hitstun ends, hitting jump will make u jump asap when it ends.

i dunno, we were talking about it in the falco boards, most people have probably experienced this by accident and just havent really thought about it.

Top Bottom